What Do You Think December "Slow Time" Will Look Like This Year

dundee10

Please excuse my ignorance!
We've been sitting on a couple of AP's for a couple of years now, and are thinking of activating them for a trip the week of December 12. I know it's speculation on everyone's part, but do you think the pent-up demand from the Pandemic, as well as the 50th Anniversary celebration, will mean the parks will be surprisingly crowded? Our last December trip had already surprised about how busy the "slow" weeks had become. And for you, are you planning on going during the first two weeks of December?

We are also kicking around a trip in early December to see the holiday decorations, but want no part of being there near the actual holiday! The last time we did this the crowds were low and it ended up being a great time to go ..I think we went about a week after Thanksgiving? Anyway, that was 3 or 4 years ago now. If we can snag the resort we want we may hop down there again. I think it helps if you can avoid the weekends and go during the week, too.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts as December is a month we've always avoided. We've gone in November for the Christmas decorations as they are up November 1st. But this year with the 50th could be a whole different ball game.

My wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and we had debated going later in the year to ride Tron and Remy's and enjoy the 50th, but we opted for a May 1st vacation to enjoy lower crowd levels.

On the flip side, all these new rides opening will mean most of the crowds are in line for those rides, so other rides may actually be lower.

We've never gone to the parks after a new land opening though. We always wait a few months to a year.

We went December 2019 third week. It was heavy traffic but we managed. I think this year and probably next year is going to be insane with the 50th + revenge travel. Plan for HEAVY crowds.

I've typically gone the second week of December and this year, things are way, way more booked/less available than they usually are.

It's going to depend on capacity. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't increase. The question is how much?

Even before the pandemic, the first two weeks in December had gotten really popular. I laugh every time that I see an article that still talks about those weeks as low crowd weeks. They used to be, but not for several years now.

Of course everything is relative, so if you're used to holiday crowds it will be low. I don't think the crowds are bad the first two weeks in December, they're just not as slow as people think.

I think it will be busy. It always is. Always. I know crowds fluctuate a little at different times of day, days of week, times of the year. But, there are plenty of reports on these boards about how crowded it was this year, during a pandemic. The hours, park capacity, ride capacity, restaurant availability, shows, attractions etc. were adjusted to make the business profitable. That is nothing new. Disney has always made these same adjustments. If there is great demand, they will increase capacities. And, it will still be busy and crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter