What DOES Disney do with lost kids?

MI mom of 3. I would be upset about that too. She would of been better off wondering around the park looking for you herself. How hard is it for them to page you right away anyway?

Jacksmom99. Your story was so discriptive and funny (since everything turned out fine.) I was laughing so hard thinking of your poor son holding up his tag, too cute. Gald he was "unscared by the whole thing." Loseing the baby after you found the kid is something I would have done.

My DD will be 22 months on our next trip (less then a month away now.) Short of writting on her or her cothes in magic marker I can't think of anyway to keep her or our name on her. She won't wear nametags, hats, hippacks or braclets. I guess we will be keeping a very careful eye on her. I hope I will have not more info to offer to this thread!!!!:D

DisneyPHD,
This is what I did for my nephew - I ordered one of those plastic Pet ID tags and tied it into his shoelaces. I ordered it online for about $5. I did not put his name on it. It was about a 1 inch circle and said:
If I am Lost
Please call
Aunt (First and Last name)
xxx-xxx-xxxx
staying at
Boardwalk Villas

The number was my cell number and I had my phone with me just in case. Thankfully he was never lost. I put my name on the tag and the hotel because the reservation was in my name and if for some reason the phone wouldn't work, or they needed to verify something, they could find me through my reservation info.

Thankfully he never got lost.

My 4 year old walked out of Biergarten at Epcot this November. I told the waitress and the hostess who called the manager of the restaurant. I went outside and noticed that her stroller was missing which told us she was outside. I panicked. The manager called security. He showed up on the promenade 2 minutes later, just as my daughter was wheeling her stroller back to Germany (by herself). I saw her and the guy from security really did not do anything except say he was glad he wasn't needed.

We went back and head lunch (they took off 20% on the bill):eek:

Jacksmom

I laughed til I almost peed myself, with your story.....That is exactly something I would have done....What a nightmare, but as it turned out fine, it will probably be a story told at the kids weddings.....

Here are two free articles written about protocol at wdw for lost kids at WDW....hope you enjoy
the first one is called "how does disney re-unite children with their party"

http://tourguidemike.com/articles/articleDetails.asp?article_id=83

the second one is called "does your child know how to get found when lost"

http://tourguidemike.com/articles/articleDetails.asp?article_id=82

enjoy

rileygirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter