What does it take to become a CM?

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We have been AP holders for years now and have been to many resorts and visit the parks frequently. For years we have taken vacations to other countries, on cruises and many domestic destinations. With all of these destinations, we have never had the overall wonderful experience, that we get at Disneyworld.

Some who've read my posts, know that I make my feelings of Disney and the occasional stories of "bad experiences" known, overall Disney is a destination second to none and I agree "the happiest place on Earth". For that reason, I make my disappointment known when a CM or a Disney policy (such as price increases etc.) goes against that wonderful feeling of "Disney".

At the end of the day, I could think of no other vacation destination that compares with Disney. Much of that feeling comes from the CM's, whom many of are so awesome at what they do and obviously love their jobs to the point of being "contageous". Many CM's go above and beyond to make the Disney Experience so great.

Besides finding caring and patient people to become cast members, what does Disney do different than say a "Universal" in hiring employees? I mean, no where we go, do you find so many whom do so well at making guests feel welcome and have a wonderful "magical" experience as Disney does.

All of my occasional disappointments aside, there is no better place to spend a vacation. Also, for any whom have taken me to task for voicing my opinions at times, understand we go to Disney dozens of times a year. But with all of the occasional disappointments, there are many more examples of where CM's make the whole Disney experience wonderful.

Does anyone know what Disney does to find people like this and then what they do to have them be so wonderful to so many as if it were second nature?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter