What foods do you want to try at Flower & Garden Fest?

This was a short 3 night trip. We popped into Epcot twice and tried these:

IMG_8532.jpeg

Lobster Tail from Florida Fresh - Pricey ~$11.50, it was very good though. Tender, freshly prepared and great flavor. The lime butter sauce enhanced the lobster flavor without overpowering.

Scallops from Canada - Good, but I forgot from last festival they make them salty. Salt crusted salty scallops with bacon. I used the grilled lemon from the lobster and that helped give them something other than salt.

Beef from Canada - Flavor was great! Mashed very good too. Carrots very lightly cooked, still crispy. The beef? The quality has gone down over the years. The past few years they stopped using better cuts of unprocessed beef. Guess that’s the easiest way to keep the price reasonable. Still does the job, I just no longer think a ‘must try’.

Canada’s strength is mini meat/pot/veg meals. Good unless concerned about salt or looking for fresh style beef.

Cubanito also from Florida Fresh - DH liked them. He ate 1.5 orders. The half I picked up was dripping oil and the fresh pork slice was 80% fat, but his were not. Overall decent, nothing extraordinary. Unless you’re specifically in the mood for this, I’d recommend the Sticky Ribs below instead.

IMG_8956.jpeg

Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase - Fun take on cheesecake. Creamy on the bottom, chilled to set on top layer.

IMG_8966.jpeg

Shrimp Tempura from Citrus Blossom in the Odyssey - This is a pretty big order! 5 pieces each bigger than a finger. It’s alot of batter but they did a great job of keeping it light and crisp without being an oil sponge. The sauce was slightly sweet, slightly sour, and a mildly spicy rich chili flavor. There’s enough to share.

IMG_8990.jpeg

Sticky Ribs from Trowel and Trellis (down the pathway from the Odyssey, makes a good pairing with Shrimp Tempura) - Big and meaty. Fantastic flavor. Everything about them was yummy. Meat was tender and plentiful, most of the fat rendered, the char was perfect as was the seasoning. The ribs could stand on their own but the spicy/vinegar from jalapeno slices kicked it up higher with the hint of scallion and peanut.

Out of everything we tried, I’d recommend these the most. They worked on every level and a decent value at ~$7.

This was a short 3 night trip. We popped into Epcot twice and tried these:

View attachment 838961

Lobster Tail from Florida Fresh - Pricey ~$11.50, it was very good though. Tender, freshly prepared and great flavor. The lime butter sauce enhanced the lobster flavor without overpowering.

Scallops from Canada - Good, but I forgot from last festival they make them salty. Salt crusted salty scallops with bacon. I used the grilled lemon from the lobster and that helped give them something other than salt.

Beef from Canada - Flavor was great! Mashed very good too. Carrots very lightly cooked, still crispy. The beef? The quality has gone down over the years. The past few years they stopped using better cuts of unprocessed beef. Guess that’s the easiest way to keep the price reasonable. Still does the job, I just no longer think a ‘must try’.

Canada’s strength is mini meat/pot/veg meals. Good unless concerned about salt or looking for fresh style beef.

Cubanito also from Florida Fresh - DH liked them. He ate 1.5 orders. The half I picked up was dripping oil and the fresh pork slice was 80% fat, but his were not. Overall decent, nothing extraordinary. Unless you’re specifically in the mood for this, I’d recommend the Sticky Ribs below instead.

View attachment 838962

Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase - Fun take on cheesecake. Creamy on the bottom, chilled to set on top layer.

View attachment 838963

Shrimp Tempura from Citrus Blossom in the Odyssey - This is a pretty big order! 5 pieces each bigger than a finger. It’s alot of batter but they did a great job of keeping it light and crisp without being an oil sponge. The sauce was slightly sweet, slightly sour, and a mildly spicy rich chili flavor. There’s enough to share.

View attachment 838964

Sticky Ribs from Trowel and Trellis (down the pathway from the Odyssey, makes a good pairing with Shrimp Tempura) - Big and meaty. Fantastic flavor. Everything about them was yummy. Meat was tender and plentiful, most of the fat rendered, the char was perfect as was the seasoning. The ribs could stand on their own but the spicy/vinegar from jalapeno slices kicked it up higher with the hint of scallion and peanut.

Out of everything we tried, I’d recommend these the most. They worked on every level and a decent value at ~$7.
Thank you so much ! Wow, the ribs look great!

I wasn’t going to bother with the Chinese food, but now I might - those look delish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter