What have I got to loose....besides the weight?-Comments Welcome

Well, when we went to dinner I did get a salad, but I had regular dressing on it. And we split dessert. I got key lime crumb cake and my mom got white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and we shared. I went to bed soon after I got home because it was late and I had to work today. As much as I need to exercise I need to get a good nights sleep too. Exercise will start again today.Despite all the bad days I had this weekI weighed in at 184.5 this morning. At least I'm going in the right direction. So far the usual this morning. Oatmeal, OJ, Coffee, and yogurt. So far so good.

OK so I fell off the face of the earth again. This week hasn't been good at all. Both with food and exercise. I guess I'll just count it as a loss and move on. So much for my 1/2 pound that I lost because this morning I was back up to 186.7. Well, tomorrow's a new day and a new start!

I think last week was hard for a lot of people with all the candy and Halloween parties. It took me nearly all week to feel like I was really back on track. Hang in there, you can do this! :flower:

Well, I've been pretty busy the past few days. I didn't work Saturday this week and had a vacation day on Monday and don't always get a chance to use the computer at home. Saturday and Sunday I did OK. Not great days, but not really bad either. I had a couple of treats and no exercise on Saturday. Monday I did really good and DH and I went for a short walk. Tuesday I did really good too and we did a long walk; we even managed to do our whole developement in 5 minutes less then usual. So far so good today.

B-oatmeal w/1% milk and splenda
coffee w/ fat free 1/2&1/2 and splenda
S-fat free yogurt
L-apple, special K snack bar, chicken salad (made with reduced fat mayo) on whole wheat bread

For an afternoon snack I have pretzels and we're having left over roasted chicken for dinner w/ salad and ?

I guess I'll have to use the treadmill tonight because we are supposed to have some pretty bad rain tonight. Wish me luck.

Hi BankBunny! :wave:

I just read through your journal and wanted to commend you on sticking with your new way of living despite the inevitable setbacks that we all encounter.

Have you taken your measurements yet? I've found that some weeks when I don't lose weight according to the scales, I have lost inches. Something to think about doing...

Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

So, I did great the rest of the day yesterday. I had my pretzels in the afternoon and for dinner I ended up having a can of chicken noodle soup and a salad w/low fat dressing. Then I had 1 and 1/2 servings of Edy's light ice cream. Then I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. So far so good today. I won't go into detail because it's the same thing I had for breakfast and a snack yesterday(and almost every other day). Actually, lunch is the same today too-minus the Special K snack bar. I'll have that for a snack this afternoon. Not sure about dinner yet. Hopefully DH adn I should be able to go for a walk tonight. It's sunny out today, but it's really windy and I'm not sure how cold it will be this evening. There's always the treadmill.

Hi there,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! You are doing a good job. Keep it up

Hope you have a wonderful weekend

I finished out Thursday pretty good. It was late and I didn't want to exercise, but DH talked me into it. So there I was getting on the treadmill at 11:00pm. I didn't have to work on Friday or this would have never happened. I only did 30min because it was late, but that made me feel really good. Yesterday I did really good too. I got up really late so I had oatmeal and low sugar OJ at 10:30am. Then I started cleaning my house and sisn't eat again until 1:30pm. I had a big salad with perdue frozen popcorn chicken and low fat dressing. Then my mom and I went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I had the white chicken chilli and the salad bar w/low fat dressing (and a few of mom's fries :teeth: ) The only other thing I had was a large latte made with skim milk. I didn't exercise, but beingthat I ate so little and spent hours cleaning I feel OK about that. I'm so happy that I'm down to 184 this week. It only looks like a pound lost on my ticker, but it's really more since I went back up to 186.7 last week. It seems that I really have gotten back on track (probably until Thanksgiving) DH and I are hoping to go for a long walk this afternoon and go hiking again tomorrow. Wish me luck.

BankBunny-- I am returning to W.I.S.H. The journal idea was just starting when I left. I love it. I just read all your entries. I am so impressed that you quickly recover from your "bad" days. Do know how many people have a bad day and simply stop working out or monitoring their eating patterns? You keep sticking to it and you have LOST weight :cool1: !!!

Have a good weekend.

Wow, sounds like you had a really good week with your diet and workouts. Congrats on the loss!!! :cheer2:

So, I did really good on Saturday. I didn't exercise, but I didn't eat much either. I had Oatmeal, yogurt, salad, and orange, and pasta with ham and peas for dinner. Sunday DH and I went for our hike (2 miles up and 2 miles back) boy was I sore last night. I didn't do so bad with eating either. I had Oatmeal, peanut butter (low fat) and jelly (sugar free) on whole wheat, a few grapes, yogurt, Special K snack bar, salad, and homemade chicken soup. Today I weighed more then I did on Saturday, but more then one person has told me that it's probably because I built up muscle tone yesterday. I know that's great, but I still want to see the numbers go down on the scale.
So far so good today. The only change to my diet is that I got these new creamers from coffee mate and they do have some fat and calories (40 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving). They have special flavors for the holidays. I got eggnog and peppermint mocha. I only had one serving of each. Anyway, as usually, wish me luck for today.

Yeah, that whole building muscle thing can be discouraging but once it's done then you'll start losing and love the working out part. That was very hard for me to get over, VERY hard!!!! Hang in there.

Take care
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

I think I'm going through the muscle gain thing too. It's frustrating but I just have to keep believing that eventually the weight loss will happen if I keep at it. It will happen for you too. :flower:

So, this was a pretty bad week for me....not a bad day, but a whole week. It started out OK, but just seemed to get a little worse as each day went by. And no exercise all week. I went back up to 185.4 today. It's not terrible, but I'm a little disappointed in myself. I'll have to start over tomorrow. I would say today, but DH and I are going to see Harry Potter at an IMAX theater today. And I have to have popcorn with butter.....and a diet coke. I found this week that I had to stop eating so much salad bacuase it wasn't agreeing with me. I guess there really can be too much of a good thing. I'll do my best for a few days, but then it will be Thanksgiving. At least I can be happy that I've just been loosing and gaining the same 2 or 3 pounds and that I have maintained my 32 loss for over a year.

So....I never seemed to get back on track this week end. I just don't know why I can't. At this point I might as well wait until after Thanksgiving. And on top of it all I feel like I'm starting to get sick. I have that pain/drip in the back of my throat and I just feel run down. I'll just enjoy my turkey day and move on from there.
Boy did that sound like one big excuse. I'm really getting concerned that I'm going to start gaining again. I've really got to get control. I probably won't too much to say then until after the holiday. Have a great turkey day everyone!

Take the weekend off some and regroup on Monday may be a good thing. Might be what you need to jump start yourself again!!!! Hang in there, I know it's tough!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Thanks for the encouragement Chris. I've decided to take my leftover desserts from Thanksgiving to work for everyone else to have. And to be honest...they didn't do that much for me this year. Of course that could be because I started getting a cold 2 days ago and nothing seems to taste right. DH and I are supposed to go out to dinner with BIL and SIL on Sunday, but I may have to reschedual if I'm not feeling better. I don't want to get my nephew sick, he's only 16 months old. No matter what I have to get back on track. I haven't done well in about a week or so and I hate the way I feel. It's like my body is saying "Hey, you're not feeding me right and I don't like it" Too often lately I've not thought past the instant gratification of what I'm eating. Exercise may have to wait a little longer. If I have to blow my nose every 2 minutes and am coughing just sitting here typing I don't think I can manage the treadmill. As it is I've had to use my inhaler just from running around the house all day today. I haven't weighed myself as much this week....I'm a little afraid to. Well. Saturday will be the moment of truth. I should get to bed soon. DH keeps reminding that I need my rest to get better. I'm very greatful that he cares so much and worries about me so much. Someone's got to take care of me. Wish me luck getting better and getting back on track. Happy Turkey Day!!

PS-I may need lots of extra Pixie dust to get past all the holiday treats we get at work.

Well, I didn't do much better this weekend. I still don't feel well. I can't seem to get rid of the sniffels and the cough. So needless to say, who eats all that healthy when you're sick?? On the plus side we didn't go out to dinner with BIL & SIL on Sunday--by this time DH got sick too. Today I've done great...the first time in a long time.

B-Oatmeal w/1% milk and splenda and coffee w/splenda, fat free 1/2&1/2 and flavorded coffeemate9a little fat there, but they were the special holiday flavors)
S-fat free yogurt
L-salad w/low fat dressing and perdue popcorn chicken, a clementine, and a special k snack bar
S-soft ball sized apple
D-????

I weighed in at 185.6 on Saturday. I really expected it to be higher the way I've been eating and not exercising. I really want to try to exercise tonight, but I'm not real sure with the whole coughing problem. Maybe I'll just take it at a slower pace and see what happens. Anything is better then nothing. Wish me luck.

Hi There!!!

Hope you are having a better week and you are feeling better.....

Have a great Tuesday and keep it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter