What have I got to loose....besides the weight?-Comments Welcome

Well, I didn't finish out Monday so great. I stopped at the store and got some Italian Wedding soup and a roll for dinner (not bad). Then I ate the last 2 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (not terrible). Then I made kettle corn on the stove (really bad). And no exercise either. At least I did better for most of the day.

Tuesday I ate really good.
B-Oatmel and coffee
S-yogurt
L-salad, clementine and special k bar
S-apple
D-salad and homemade pizza
But, I never did get to exercise.

Today:
B-Oatmeal (1/2 serving) and coffee
S-apple
L-chicken fajitas-we are getting free lunch at work today. It's not exactly the best for my diet, but I'll have salad for dinner.
And maybe I'll actually exercise tonight.

I really am starting to gain a little again and it's got to stop. Here's to another new start.

You can do it! I know you can! Thanks for all the positive posts in my journal.

One thing I do if I want something and know I really should not eat it. Is ask myself a few questions:

1. Will I be happy going over my points. Or will it trigger me to want to eat more.

2. Will the 130 pounds I have to lose come off by eatting xyz now

3. Can I work that into my program tomorrow.

4. Will this food NEVER be in my life again? I don't see many foods getting a yes to this question.

Example: last night I made homemade bread. I wanted a slice of the bread with jelly on it. Oh it is so good when the bread is warm. But I asked myself those questions and did not eat the bread. I wrapped it up and had my bread and jelly this morning. I enjoyed it so much more knowing it did not throw me over points.

Good Luck!

Savin4Disney thanks for the encouragement and advice. I've put it into practice a couple of times already.
So, Wednesday at work ended with cake. But, it was my birthday abd the cake was made for me so I find of had to have some. Between a big lunch and cake I was pretty full so I didn'thave any dinner. Instead I went to the mall to look for a new dress for my holiday party for work and for my husbands. What a disaster! I've lost enough weight that larger sizes are too big and the bigger "normal" sizes are too small. Maybe I should just go naked...lol. So I decided that night that Thursday December 1 was going to be a new beginning. It's the start of a new month and the first full day of a new year for me. I had off work Thursday and today. Thursday I did really GREAT.
B-Oatmeal and coffee (I think you all know how I make those by now)
L-Salad w/perdue popcorn chicken and low fat dressing and an apple
S-Special K snack bar
D-Meatloaf, broccoli, and mashed potatoes (made w/1%milk, lite butter, low fat cheddar cheese, and a little regular sour cream)
I wanted something sweet later, but didn't want to snack so I made more coffee w/fat free 1/2&1/2 and splenda
I didn't exercise, but I did spend most of the day cleaning the house from top to bottom.
Today:
B-Oatmeal and coffee (10:00am)
L-Meatloaf sandwhich on 9 grain bread with low fat swiss (1:15pm)
I'm not going to have anything for a snack since my Mom and I can get an early start since I'm home today. We're going to Applebees. I usually get the salad with the fried chicken on it, but I looked at the menu online and thety have one with blackened chicken on it. I may get that instead since it's better for me. Then at Wegman's I'll have my treat-an eggnog latte. They only have them between Thanksgiving and Christmas. THey are soooooooooooo good. And like my DH said one treat a week won't kill me. I should get home pretty early to usethe treadmill tonight. Even if I don't get home early it's not like I have to get up early tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling either. I think we are all related - we all seem to get TOM's (well, except our awesome men that are here with us) at around the same time and illnesses about the same times. It's actually kind of funny!!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon and things start heading downward for you again!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Congrats on losing the weight! I know you will find the perfect dress for your parties. This year I do not have any to go to. No job no parties....no DH no parties. But I am happy with this way.

If you need some more excerise my house needs cleaning! and I am not up to it yet.

Great job sticking to the program and sticking to the journaling! I enjoy reading all of them.

Have a WISH DAY! :cool1:

Well, yesterday finished off really good. I did opt for the blackened chicken salad at Applebees with lite ranch dressing. I always worry that when you order lite dressing at a restaurant that it isn't really lite. I know I shouldn't worry about things that are out of my control. I did all I can do just by ordering the lite dressing. Anyway, I did get my eggnog latte and loved every sip of it. I didn't exercise because I had rented movies and my DH had to watch one last night. I wanted to snack during the movie so I had some pretzels.
This morning I weighed in at 183.9 :cool1: :cool1:
This morning I made DH and I omlets. Mine was, of course, healthier then his.
He got to have peppers, onions, sausage, and cheese (same cheese as me)with 2 whole eggs.
I had peppers, onions, 1 oz of 97% fat free ham, 1 oz of low fat cheddar cheese and 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites. I use 1 whole egg to get a little color and flavor from the yolk, but the add 2 egg whites to save on the fat and calories.
It's after 1:00 so I'll be making myself the usual salad for lunch soon. I wish that we could go for a walk today, but it's too cold and windy. I could probably manage the cold, but the wind is too much. I will get on the treadmill today no matter what.
I feel like making cookies for DH today, but I'm afrain of what I may eat. I have this great recipe for peanut butter cookies with oatmeal in them. Thought they would be even better with some m&m's or chocolate chips. By the way, they make great ice cream sandwhiches. Maybe I better skip the baking. Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with SIL and BIL (reschedualed from last Sunday) I hope I can find something close to healthy on the menu. Well, that's all for now.

Okay I think I may have gained 5 pounds from those cookies! So I say skip the baking :goodvibes :rotfl:

Sounds like you are doing well and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the note in my journal. I am hoping once I make an example that I can lose weight and keep it off others in my family will also follow suit. I have a cousin who is close to 400 pounds. Either way though I will be happier and healthier.

Congrats on the recent weight loss!!! You are doing great. :)

Your omlets sound yummy.

I finished out Daturday really well. I made chicken fahjitas for dinner. I had one on a whole wheat tortilla w/a little salsa, low fat cheddar, and a dab of regular sour cream (I really need to get the low fat next time) Then I had some Edy's light eggnog ice cream (it was really, really good)-I did have a little more then a serving. And once again I didn't make it to the treadmill-I really will get down there soon (It wasn't today either).

Sunday:
B-3 small oatmeal pancakes w/lite butter and some syrup (I should look into sugar free even though I HATE man made syrup)
L-Salad w/perdue popcorn chicken, some dried cranberries, fat free croutons, and low fat dressing
D-We went out with BIL and SIL (and the cutest nephew in the whole world) I had fettucine alferdo w/grilled chicken. Also had bread dipped in olive oil, a salad w/balsamic vinegrette, and chocolate cherry cheesecake (it was a very small piece)
As I said I didn't get on the treadmill today either. I did help shovel some snow (we got 2-3 inches last night) But, I don't think it was enough to really make any difference. At least I only ate 3 meals and no snacks. All I had at home after dinner was a cup oftea with splenda in it.
Well, that was my splurge for the week so back on the wagon tomorrow and down on the treadmill. Well, it's late and I have to go back to work tomorrow so off to bed.

Keep up the good work. I make most of our food. I do not buy processed food anymore. Once in awhile I do buy a frozen pizza but I want to get away from the processes food.

I expect to see a treadmill workout.. if you do it... I will go and walk 2 times this week in freezing tempts... it will be about 14 to 18 degrees!

So are you game?

I am game....I will do at least 30 minutes, but will try for 45.

I'm back on track today:
B-Oatmeal and coffee
S-Fat free yogurt
L-Salad w/perdue popcorn chicken, fat free croutons and low fat dressing and an apple
S-2 clementines (they're small)
D-I'm planning on grilling some chicken tenders on the grill pan w/ broccoli and maybe some rice

I'm really feeling great after just eating healtier for the past few days. And I know I'll feel even better after I exercise tonight.

WOO HOO! Glad you plan on getting on that treadmill today. I had planned on walking today but it is 7 outside. With the wind chill below zero. That is where I draw the line. But I will get out there 2 times this week. It is going to warm up later in the week.

I am going to clean clean and clean today. So that is some excerise too!

So here' how yesterday ended....
I didn't have the clementines in the afternoon. I had gone to Dunkin Donuts to get a tea for my boss (I was done with work and waiting for DH to pick me up) and ended up getting a medium mocha almond latte (as far as I'm concerned the medium is not that big). I did get my latte made with skim milk and no whipped cream so the only fat/calories was from the syrups they use to flavor it. Well, I should say that I asked for skim milk, but you never know with the morons that work over there. When I went home I put the chicken tenders in some salad dressing to marinate and then went down to the treadmill. I did 30 minutes at 3.2-3.4 miles an hour. It came out to be between 1.5 and 1.75 miles and a little more then 200 calories burned-at least according to the treadmill. Then I made dinner-grilled chicken tenders, stamed broccoli and rice steamed w/99% fat free chicken stock, peppers and onions. The only thing that I had more then a serving of was the broccoli. Then I had 1 1/2 servings of lite eggnog ice cream. Later that nihgt while I was watching TV I did 50 crunches and used 3lb weights for my arms a little bit-50 for each arm. I'm really feeling good. I'm not craving things that are bad for me and the exercise felt really, really good. I didn't even have 1 of the tater tots I made to go with DH's grilled chicken sandwhich. :cool1:
Today is pretty much the usual:
B-Oatmeal and coffee (made the usual way)
S-Fat frree yogurt
L-Salad (Same as usual) and an apple
S-2 clementines (and I will have them today and not a latte)
D-leftovers, so I'll either have the same as last night or fahjitas
And then back on the treadmill again. I had gotten my DH the box set with all the Batman movies and I started the first one last night. Those should keep me busy on the treadmill for a while. The only other movies I seem to be able to watch over and over onthe treadmill are the HArry Potter movies. It will probably be back to that after all the Batman movies.

I did eat my clementines yesterday. For dinnerI had the leftover grilled chicken with some leftover rice and I made asparagus. I also had some lite eggnog icecream. Then I went down and used the treadmill-35 minutes at 3.3-3.5 miles an hour. I did 2 miles and burned just over 250 calories. All in all it was a great day.
Today:
B-Oatmeal and coffee (with regular cream from Dunkin Donuts)
It's a long story about why I ended up with coffee for D&D instead of at home, but I can't drink it with skim milk and I didn't have any fat free 1/2&1/2 at work
S-Fat free yogurt
L-2oz 97% fat free ham and 1oz lite swiss on 9 grain bread w/reduced fat mayo and an apple
S- 2 clementines
D-I plan on making pasta w/meat sauce (90% lean beef and a little sausage) with salad.
Well, that's all for now.

So, yesterday didn't end so well and today didn't begin so well.
Yeaterday afternoon I got a call from My friend to make a lunch date. I then found out that she's expecting her second child. Bring on the depression. I found out both my freind and my SIL were pregnant right beofre I found out I had the insulin resistance problem. Their children are 2 months apart. It was a really hard time for me because I felt like I had no hope of having a child. Things got better when I lost weight and started getting regular periods. Well, after a year of nothing we found out in September that my DH had issues too. So, now I really have what feels like no hope (I won't use fertility drugs or do anything like that...too many risks and too much $$$). Well after she told me when she was due I figured that she got pregnant the 2nd right about when I found out about DH's problem. So, I made homemade pizza. I made 1 pizza dough recipe and split it into 2 individual pizzas. I ate my whole pizza w/ salad and didn't exercise. :guilty: This morning I wsn't really hungry so I didn't have breakfast at home. Well, at work I got a coffe with regular cream and then me and 2 other people split 2 orders of scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, and buttered toast from the diner. :guilty: Since then I've been OK
L-Salad w/ perdue popcorn chicken and low fat dressing and an apple
D-I have sauce in the crockpot at home. I will brown 90% lean ground beef and a little sausage to mix in it (yes that was what I was going to have yesterday) And a salad.
I have to exercise tonight. Last night I made plans for Friday w/Mom and I didn't care so we picked chinese buffet. I'm regreting that, but we'll have to change our plans anyway. I was supposed to be at work at 7:30, but we are supposed to get about 6 inches of snow (+ or -) tonight so I switched with my boss since she lives a lot closer tothe office then I do.
From right now I have to get back on track! I will treadmill tonight or die trying!

Happy Holidays BankBunny!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you were having. I hope things are better and you are doing okay.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter