What is the best discount I can expect to find for DC

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hello. Thinking of going the last week of November/first week of December. I looked at the calendar and the price of tickets was sky high.

What is the best discount I can hope to find for Discovery Cove? I read some old posts about the "black friday" sale, which would be the Friday right before our travel week. Any thoughts on my best bet? I will be purchasing for a large family group so any discount would be great. Thank you

DC is offering a 30% off sale on their site right now. We were just there this past Monday and the Aviary is currently closed. No bird interaction for us which was a bummer. One of the lifeguards said it would be closed for a couple of months. When floating in the lazy river you have to get out when approaching the Aviary and navigate your way to the other side to get back in.

• Sad
Reactions: shh
if you have not dug too much into the pricing yet, two comments:

1. DC pricing is somewhat dynamic .... price can vary by HUNDREDS of dollars depending on day and month .... within a given week one day can be significantly cheaper .... ya just got to research .....

2. If you have 'military access' <active, retired> the military ticket offices have a good rate. Even if you don't live near a base you can do the transaction over the phone and they send you the vouchers. Patrick 'space force' base which is on the Atlantic Coast due east of DC offers this service. https://www.gopatrickfl.com/tickets-and-travel.html (ultimate includes some # of days of SW and AQ as I recall ... been a few years since we went)

DC is offering a 30% off sale on their site right now. We were just there this past Monday and the Aviary is currently closed. No bird interaction for us which was a bummer. One of the lifeguards said it would be closed for a couple of months. When floating in the lazy river you have to get out when approaching the Aviary and navigate your way to the other side to get back in.
That doesn't sound too good......

Hello. Thinking of going the last week of November/first week of December. I looked at the calendar and the price of tickets was sky high.

What is the best discount I can hope to find for Discovery Cove? I read some old posts about the "black friday" sale, which would be the Friday right before our travel week. Any thoughts on my best bet? I will be purchasing for a large family group so any discount would be great. Thank you

30% off is the best you will get most of the year(and is the equivalent discount to Florida Busch Gardens and SeaWorld members). 40% only comes around the holidays. Skip the drink package unless you like mixed drinks. You can’t get straight liquor, so it’s hard to justify the cost, especially if you are in and out of the water. Holidays are going to be more expensive, but there is a slow period in early December. Remember, everything is included in the price at Discovery Cove, save a few drinks and souvenirs.

30% off is the best you will get most of the year(and is the equivalent discount to Florida Busch Gardens and SeaWorld members). 40% only comes around the holidays. Skip the drink package unless you like mixed drinks. You can’t get straight liquor, so it’s hard to justify the cost, especially if you are in and out of the water. Holidays are going to be more expensive, but there is a slow period in early December. Remember, everything is included in the price at Discovery Cove, save a few drinks and souvenirs.
Agree 100%. We are platinum members for Bush/Seaworld and we only recieved 30% off.
If you book way out in advance its much cheeper. Right now June 2022 is cheaper then December 2021.

Agree 100%. We are platinum members for Bush/Seaworld and we only recieved 30% off.
If you book way out in advance its much cheeper. Right now June 2022 is cheaper then December 2021.

I also have the FL Platinum Pass, though my first DC visit was due to a 40% off sale last December. It should be noted that pass members that have the passes from other states only get 20% off. My next visit is early January, right after a cruise.

Aviary is currently closed. No bird interaction for us which was a bummer. One of the lifeguards said it would be closed for a couple of months.

Just routine maintenance? It would be pretty devastating to my son if he doesn't get to feed the birds.

30% off is the best you will get most of the year(and is the equivalent discount to Florida Busch Gardens and SeaWorld members). 40% only comes around the holidays.

So is the best sale typically the one around Black Friday or the one around Christmas? We're looking to buy for June 2022.

Just routine maintenance? It would be pretty devastating to my son if he doesn't get to feed the birds.

So is the best sale typically the one around Black Friday or the one around Christmas? We're looking to buy for June 2022.

Most likely. I booked for March 2021 when they ran a sale in December 2020 for 40% off, so you likely can find the best deal then. I keep a FL Platinum Pass due to living in Virginia but also being a short flight to Orlando, but I didn’t have one when I booked DC last year.

Sea World (and therefore Busch Gardens) are always amazing to veterans and first responders in terms of discounts.

I also would check if your place of employment has a discount site. We’ve gotten multiple day park hopper for Busch Gardens VA for just under half the price!

Sea World (and therefore Busch Gardens) are always amazing to veterans and first responders in terms of discounts.

I also would check if your place of employment has a discount site. We’ve gotten multiple day park hopper for Busch Gardens VA for just under half the price!

Do you know who counts as a first responder, for their purposes? I am in process of looking for a job in law enforcement, so it would be good to know.

Do you know who counts as a first responder, for their purposes? I am in process of looking for a job in law enforcement, so it would be good to know.
Last I checked firefighter, police officer, EMT….wouldn’t be shocked if they added doctors and nurses

Last I checked firefighter, police officer, EMT….wouldn’t be shocked if they added doctors and nurses

I am working on finding a job as a police officer and plan to cross-train as an EMT due to EMTs and Paramedics not always being able to get into every active crime scene, depending on danger involved. Just makes sense to be able to bridge the gap.

I am working on finding a job as a police officer and plan to cross-train as an EMT due to EMTs and Paramedics not always being able to get into every active crime scene, depending on danger involved. Just makes sense to be able to bridge the gap.
I know a lot who are crossed trained between firefighter, police and emt and they all say it’s worth it

The Black Friday Sale just started with prices up to 50% off.

Go to the Seaworld website today. There are 60% discounts which are the best I have seen. We are going the 1st of December.

I have been looking at the prices for our dates for a while, and the black friday 50% off special is the best deal I have seen in months for DC (Sea world is 60% off , DC is 50%) . We dont do the dolphin swim anymore , so was just looking for the day resort package . The cheapest I have seen in a while for our dates was $149. PP . Glad I took the gamble and waited for a BF special to come out . The BF sale price for the day resort package without the dolphin swim was $96. PP . We decided we would like to do Sea World as well, so we upgraded got the 2 park package for $116. PP . Not bad for DC !

On a side note - I do not ever remember having resort ands service fee's being tacked on before ? Is this new ??? It was about $10. PP extra .

Book your DC trip through UT and you pay no resort fees or tax. Their prices are better than the DC website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter