What is the most interesting thing you did today?

Spent some time with about 20 of my husband's family at an indoor water park. We hadn't seen some of them in 7 years. Nice for us all to get together today and yesterday it's just unfortunate it was a funeral that brought us all together.

The most interesting thing I did today was run 2 miles with no top on.

Beat that.
I'm glad you asked today, because normally, my life is really boring.

Today, however, was not. We have family in from out of town so we decided to drive to Midway airport and take the EL train to downtown Chicago. We usually take the Metra from our suburb, but we had to go to MIL's house first and the EL was more convenient. We had 6 adults (me, DH, 2 of his brothers, his sister, and a Sister In law).
And 7 kids ranging in ages 13-5.

We've never had a problem on the train. Today, a crazy guy got on and started trying to shake hands and hug everyone, including DD and BIL. We said no, leave us alone, and he went to the back of our train car and started to grab and touch a woman who was by herself. Two men stepped in, and my one BIL went over to get between the guy and all of our kids. DH andmy other BIL did too, and the crazy guy started to yell and say "she likes it. She's not telling me no!" We moved the kids to the far end of the car and blocked him, but he came down when the train stopped and we thought he was getting off, but he turned back around and started yelling and swearing and saying disgusting things about our 13 year old girls and that other lady. The CTA worker came by and just stood there. I think she was radio-ing for help, but she wouldn't help get the guy away from us or our kids, so luckily there was another door on the other end of the car and we got the kids out of there while BIL's and DH dealt with him. The guy kept trying to follow us, but DH and his brothers blocked him and kept him on the train until the police came.

OMG. You hear about it, but never think you will be in the middle of that kind of thing. And that poor woman was alone and so scared....thank goodness the right kind of men were there willing to step in and help protect her. So many people aren't willing to get involved. And thank goodness he didn't have a weapon and was somehow coherent enough to realize he wasn't going to get far physically with 3 guys, plus the other two who were originally still there too, helping to block him in and get the rest of the people/kids out of the way.

Whew. Crazy.

Last edited:
I helped DH draft a letter for a big change in our life. Then I found out about auditions for a show, so I have 4 weeks to decide if I am going to audition or not. Most of the day was spent in bed with a headache. Boo.

I have to know what is "When Pigs Fly" bread?

Me too, and I'm a Canadian!?

Well, for once I am referencing something that isn't Canadian. "When Pigs Fly" is the name of a bread company located in the northeastern U.S. Their bread isn't the most economical option out there, but it is very good and they carry some unique flavours. In addition to the sourdough loaf that I wanted to grab, we also ended up with loaves of sun-dried tomato and chocolate breads. We very rarely pick it up, but we were on our way home and it was located in a booth right as we were walking to our car, so we just HAD to stop.

I'm glad you asked today, because normally, my life is really boring.

Today, however, was not. We have family in from out of town so we decided to drive to Midway airport and take the EL train to downtown Chicago. We usually take the metro from our suburb, but we had to go to MIL's house first and the EL was more convenient. We had 6 adults (me, DH, 2 of his brothers, his sister, and a Sister In law).
And 7 kids ranging in ages 13-5.

We've never had a problem on the train. Today, a crazy guy got on and started trying to shake hands and hug everyone, including DD and BIL. We said no, leave us alone, and he went to the back of our train car and started to grab and touch a woman who was by herself. Two men stepped in, and my one BIL went over to get between the guy and all of our kids. DH andmy other BIL did too, and the crazy guy started to yell and say "she likes it. She's not telling me no!" We moved the kids to the far end of the car and blocked him, but he came down when the train stopped and we thought he was getting off, but he turned back around and started yelling and swearing and saying disgusting things about our 13 year old girls and that other lady. The CTA worker came by and just stood there. I think she was radio-ing for help, but she wouldn't help get the guy away from us or our kids, so luckily there was another door on the other end of the car and we got the kids out of there while BIL's and DH dealt with him. The guy kept trying to follow us, but DH and his brothers blocked him and kept him on the train until the police came.

OMG. You hear about it, but never think you will be in the middle of that kind of thing. And that poor woman was alone and so scared....thank goodness the right kind of men were there willing to step in and help protect her. So many people aren't willing to get involved. And thank goodness he didn't have a weapon and was somehow coherent enough to realize he wasn't going to get far physically with 3 guys, plus the other two who were originally still there too, helping to block him in and get the rest of the people/kids out of the way.

Whew. Crazy.

So very sorry your family had to experience that. :grouphug: It certainly is comforting to know there are people who will come to the aid of others. Thank your men for their help, God Bless.

I helped DH draft a letter for a big change in our life. Then I found out about auditions for a show, so I have 4 weeks to decide if I am going to audition or not. Most of the day was spent in bed with a headache. Boo.

Exciting times! Good luck if you decide to audition. :thumbsup2

Because I'm severely limited in what images I can use for my articles, I had to be a little "creative" and use an image that Google lists as "labeled for noncommercial reuse," but that the guy claiming ownership almost certainly does NOT own the rights. However, the likelihood of anyone raising a stink about it is almost nil.

Speaking of auditions, we spent part of the day waiting for a cast list to be posted. DS18 auditioned for his final youth theater show before heading off to college in the fall to study musical theater. He got the part he wanted - the sadistic dentist in Little Shop of Horrors!

Speaking of auditions, we spent part of the day waiting for a cast list to be posted. DS18 auditioned for his final youth theater show before heading off to college in the fall to study musical theater. He got the part he wanted - the sadistic dentist in Little Shop of Horrors!
Oh that is a fun one!! How exciting!

Let's see, yesterday...

Went to the Memorial Day service hosting by our local American Legion. Both of my children played with the high school band, even though out daughter is a junior in college. We hopped across the street to get a case of water for them (it wasn't the whole band), and on the way back across the street, a woman with us bold as brass started crossing at the crosswalk against traffic that had a green light. She said something about right-of-way, but I don't think she understands how that works when you have a Don't Walk sign.

0_4c9259b9-40e1-496d-8cad-e727eca7f566_1024x1024.jpg

New day.....pool time. Finally warm enough to use. DGD had a great time. She has been wanting to go in for weeks.
DGS's first time. He wasn't sure to start with but then likes it (3 months old)

My plan for the day was to sleep in and the spend the day relaxing and at some point get a batch of horseradish pickles going. Instead, the phone from work is forwarded to My cell and it started ringing around 8am. I turned it off and went back to sleep for a few more hours. I decided to run my washer on the clean cycle, the utility sink was apparently clogged and the sink overflowed and flooded the basement. Both of my kids had dumped their laundry on the floor planning on doing their laundry later so there were piles of sopping wet laundry on top of all the other stuff that was on the floor. Three hours later I had the mess cleaned up and the sink unclogged and started the process of laundering everything so figured I would have a peaceful dinner alone since my kids were at their uncle's. Dinner was delicious and i was finally relaxing when long story short I spoke to my boyfriend on the phone and he more or less broke up with me.

Needless to say, not been a good day.

My DD and I finalized our plans for our September trip to WDW. We then canceled some ADRs that we had previously made and then went on to make new ones. We had good luck in getting the restaurants and times that we wanted because we're going in September so it's a kind of a slow time. Also celebrated DD's birthday with her and her family on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I told my DSIL that he was a good son in law for spending 3 days with his mother in law (me) over this weekend. Actually, I took everyone out to a nice restaurant on Sunday for the birthday celebration. It was a good weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter