• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your Disney shameful secret?

I don't like Tower of Terror. The drop freaks me out even though I know I'm safe, and I just don't see what's fun about it :confused3

So the Tower of Terror IS still around, HA! I was 7 or 8 years old when my relatives tricked my mom into bringing me along on this elevator which they told her was an elevator "to" the ride.... We have a picture of my fear-stricken mom attempting to hold/shield me. :) We laugh about it now, but I recall my mother being highly upset at their "joke" at my expense. GOOD TIMES! (But never again thank you)

During my last 2 trips, I have had both dinner and lunch at Be Our Guest. I love the movie and design of the restaurant.

However I never want to eat there again. The food is mediocre and overpriced and the dining experience is taking away valuable park time.

I really dont get the hype over Toy Story Mania...I skip it. But i love Buzz Lightyear
Illuminations is boring.
I want to go to Disney and just tour all the resorts decorated for Christmas (and not go in the parks at all)

I use the cups in the room to fill up coffee. There. I said it. I refuse to carry around the mug.. I need to throw it out once I'm done.. I don't consider it "stealing" because I technically spent money on the refillable mug.

Even though this really isn't a secret...a few weeks ago we went over to the world for the weekend and only went into a park to use the bathroom. We were doing the resort bar crawl and walking from BLT to MK to get on the monorail to get over to GF ( we NEEDED to walk a little) and one of us had to go to the bathroom so we jumped into MK just to use the restroom and walked out. I felt terrible that people wait years to get to the parks and we used it as a bathroom. My family up north would kill me if they knew this

Even though this really isn't a secret...a few weeks ago we went over to the world for the weekend and only went into a park to use the bathroom. We were doing the resort bar crawl and walking from BLT to MK to get on the monorail to get over to GF ( we NEEDED to walk a little) and one of us had to go to the bathroom so we jumped into MK just to use the restroom and walked out. I felt terrible that people wait years to get to the parks and we used it as a bathroom. My family up north would kill me if they knew this

You do know there are restrooms outside the gates, don't you? ;)

Never seen Fantasmic; Never eaten a Dole Whip; Never been on any of the roller coasters nor TOT. Love Soarin'; miss Discovery Island

I miss discovery Island too - the one that used to be at MK/ One of my favorite things ever.

Never had a Dole Whip; never been to Tom Sawyer Island. Next trip.

I didn't like Dole Whips very much! :worried: I didn't think I would, I just tried it to please my friend. But she was pleased anyway because I gave her the rest of mine.

1. I have never made an ADR yet have eaten at CRT, BOG, CP, Le Cellier, Germany's Buffet(forgot the name), Tusker House, Brown Derby, Prime Time Café, Boma, Chef Mickey's and The Hoop Dee Doo :goodvibes

2. I think Frozen is one of the worst animated films Disney ever made. The storyline to me is horrible, poorly written and choppy.

3. I've never had a Mickey Bar :confused3

4. I don't like Illuminations

5. I have fallen asleep on HM :rolleyes1

6. I cry every time I see Wishes which to date is 62 times.

1. I have never made an ADR yet have eaten at CRT, BOG, CP, Le Cellier, Germany's Buffet(forgot the name), Tusker House, Brown Derby, Prime Time Café, Boma, Chef Mickey's and The Hoop Dee Doo :goodvibes 2. I think Frozen is one of the worst animated films Disney ever made. The storyline to me is horrible, poorly written and choppy. 3. I've never had a Mickey Bar :confused3 4. I don't like Illuminations 5. I have fallen asleep on HM :rolleyes1 6. I cry every time I see Wishes which to date is 62 times.

I can relate to all but 1 and 2. I haven't seen Wishes 62 times, but it does make me cry!

Never had a Dole Whip.

Never stayed in a Disney hotel but have camped at Disney World.

Love all fireworks and parades

Never had a character meal - want to though.

I always cry at the point in 'Lilo and Stitch' when Stitch is reading the Ugly Duckling story.

I don't think babies should be at the parks. They are too young to do anything or remember anything. They keep someone from their group from going on rides. I just think they are better off, for their own sake, back at home with grandma or babysitter

Love that the campers at the Disney Campgrounds decorate like crazy for Christmas.

The hubby and will share one meal at a time:
1) so we are not too over stuffed to enjoy ourselves - neither of us eat much
2) so we can try a different meal in a different land later.
But I always feel people will think we are being extra cheap

I love the peoplemover ride

Once, my hubby was flying into Orlando from a business trip to Canada and I drove down from our hometown (3 hours away) a day early so I could go to MK by myself on my birthday.

I really loved the VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) game and miss it a lot. No other online game is like it.

I cry going into and out of the parks.

:love: :earboy2:

My younger brother and I punched the guy in the Chip costume when we were 5 and 6. Not sure why to this day. Also glad we were not kicked out of the park. Sorry guy in the Chip costume during the summer of '95... our bad.

I drank my way around the world with my extended family In EPCOT on a cold January day several years ago, then proceeded to blubber like a baby during Illuminations because"we should all just love each other in the World" ......

Let's see, a few things:

1. As a teenager in the 80's, me, a friend, and girl we had met that day, hid under planking in the cave on Tom Sawyer's Island and just hung out for a long time while people walked through the cave above us.
  2. Ever since I read about WDW as a kid, I've wanted to do a full blown vacation at the Contemporary Hotel. I've visited there many times, but want to stay in the tower, facing the park and have dinner at the California Grill during the fireworks.
  3. Shameful? Maybe: I think the "retro" Tomorrowland sucks. Feels more dated than the original Tomrrowland. Ruins the whole idea of Tomorrowland for me.

Let's see, a few things:

1. As a teenager in the 80's, me, a friend, and girl we had met that day, hid under planking in the cave on Tom Sawyer's Island and just hung out for a long time while people walked through the cave above us.

Interesting tidbit about the friend I mentioned above. He was always a talented artist, and wound up becoming a Disney Imagineer whose work is now scattered among Disney Parks throughout the world.

Ok I have another one: dining in BOG is just not a priority to me, there are other restaurants at the World that seem much more interesting! I would probably feel differently if I had little ones but I'll probably just keep on skipping it until I go with someone who really wants to eat there.

I dont like dole whips.Haven't seen Frozen.Do care to watch the parades.Its a small world kindda creeps me out.

Ok I have another one: dining in BOG is just not a priority to me, there are other restaurants at the World that seem much more interesting! I would probably feel differently if I had little ones but I'll probably just keep on skipping it until I go with someone who really wants to eat there.

Even having kids I still have no desire to eat there.Not sure why though.

1. I have never made an ADR yet have eaten at CRT, BOG, CP, Le Cellier, Germany's Buffet(forgot the name), Tusker House, Brown Derby, Prime Time Café, Boma, Chef Mickey's and The Hoop Dee Doo :goodvibes

2. I think Frozen is one of the worst animated films Disney ever made. The storyline to me is horrible, poorly written and choppy.

3. I've never had a Mickey Bar :confused3

4. I don't like Illuminations

5. I have fallen asleep on HM :rolleyes1

6. I cry every time I see Wishes which to date is 62 times.

Germany is Beirgarten

My younger brother and I punched the guy in the Chip costume when we were 5 and 6. Not sure why to this day. Also glad we were not kicked out of the park. Sorry guy in the Chip costume during the summer of '95... our bad.

You just got me remembering:
the first time our family went back in '71
after ride on the sky ride across to Tomarrow Land
spotting Chip and Dale walking
we ran over to have our picture taken
right after the picture
my youngest brother (@7 years old) turns around and punched Chip right in the nose
then Chip chased him around for about 3 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter