• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your go to summer gear?

Quick dry shorts most days. Keen sandals every day, never socks and sneakers if there is a slight chance they might get wet. Yuck! We have Columbia rain jackets that work well, they aren't nearly as hot as a poncho and are more comfortable. I wear a hat if it might rain to keep rain off my glasses.

Uniqlo AIRism

Trust me. I was skeptical but they really do make a huge difference over cotton undergarments. They are amazing

Hi! From Louisiana here - so pretty experienced with hot & humid summers... our approach is similar to info above:

We always pack 2-3 pairs of great walking shoes per person. We swap out socks & shoes during midday break daily - it’s a little foot refresh.

Sarnal lotion - great for the golfers rash that I usually get on my ankles by day 3 or 4.

Cooling towels - we get a cup of ice water - drink the water, dump the ice in the ziploc with our cooling towels.

Gatorade mix ins - we carry chilled water bottles into the park & ritate plain water with Gatorade waters.

Sunscreen - face, neck, lips. Hats too.

Athletic shorts & Body Glide. ‘Nuff said

Moleskin - if you get even on lil rub your have a painful blister, moleskin is the best thing other than prevention.

We carry throwaway $1 ponchos but also have reusable ones at the hotel in case a full on rain day is predicted.

*ive never worn dresses at Disney, but the thread comments above are making me curious so I plan to buy & try.

I plan on wearing skorts for my entire trip from White Sierra. The material of the skort is super lightweight and drys almost instantly - it's made for hiking/ travel. I got soaked on the rapids ride at California adventure and was try within 1/2 hour. Hoping they will stand up to the humidity of Florida.

Like the dresses they look great in photos.

I also get special travel undies that dry super quick. nothing worse then have wet undies that won't dry.

We are from Florida and I agree with loose sundresses if you’re comfortable in them; or shorts. Rain gear is hot! Hair in a ponytail or the frizz is unbearable. I’d suggest going early, taking a mid-day break, and going back at night if possible. Afternoons are awful!! We don’t leave the AC past 10:30-11:00 in the summer!

Good quality running shoes for most days (with quick drying socks). On rainy days I wear a pair of water shoes (they look and feel like sneakers). Cheap Job Lot ponchos. I love cooling towels (but you do need to read the directions and get a good quality one), if used correctly they will definitely keep you cooler. We did afternoon breaks our last few trips and it has been great. It's much easier to take the heat when you have taken a short nap in AC.

I find underarmour sneakers are great. Very breathable and great for all the walking.

I prefer umbrella's. however am 6'2" so it is much easier to navigate for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter