What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

• Indoor waterproof potting mats. When you pinch the sides together, it creates a waterproof tray so that chargers, straws, lipstick tubes, and pens do not roll away or get messy. I use one to prepare food. I use one to set my toothbrush and medicine on. My girls each use one for their bedside chargers, makeup, water, etc.
  • Phone case with strap. The brand is zerognecklace.de and it's German. Very comfortable, adjustable, and virtually indestructible.
  • UV sun shawl. Folds small, great to cover shoulders if you can't find a shady spot to sit for lunch or parades. Works when wet also.
  • Folding fan. This nylon fan won't rip, is waterproof, and folds into a tiny circle. I got mine at Daiso. Try searching for "Foldable Flying Disc Fan" or "Handheld Cooling Fan Folding."
  • UV camera/pocket mirror. Great to make sure I get my face, chest, and shoulders completely covered. The brand I use is FENCHILIN.
  • Titanium coffee mug, which fits in a Nalgene wide mouth water bottle, and then all of this goes in the Nalgene:
    • Mount Hagen single serve coffee.
    • Heavy Cream Powder.
    • Heather's Tummy Fiber single packets.
    • Stainless steel collapsible straw with brush
    • Katadyn BeFree 1.0L Water Filter, collapsible (great for making coffee in the room).
  • Portable kettle. We use it for coffee, hot water for laundry stains, and sterilizing things. I store a cut up backpacking towel and a few disposable compressed towels (the little individually wrapped pucks that you add water to expand) inside this.
  • Folding scissors.
  • Folding reading glasses. I prefer telescoping arms over hinges, which always pull my hair.
  • Cortibalm. This hydrocortisone stick is so useful for chapped lips, mild eczema, any small itchy spots.
  • Contact lens cases for "dabs" of serums, gels, Vaseline, under eye cream, earrings.
  • Hygiene kit: 1) S hook with rounded ball ends, 2) refillable flat travel pouches (search "Travel Pouches for Toiletries" "Stand Up Pouch"), 3) small drawstring sisal or mesh soap bag.
    • I use a hole punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the stand-up plastic pouch without breaking the seal, then I fill and label.
    • I fill the drawstring mesh bags with slivers of soap, razor, makeup remover pads, etc.
    • At the hotel, I string everything together on a book binding ring from the Dollar Tree. Then, I hang the ring on an S hook over the shower rod or towel bar. This is great for traveling with my young adult daughters because everyone's items stay together and don't take up shelf space.
    • The S hooks also are handy as hooks for towels and bathing suits for use as hangers in the closet.
  • La Roche Posay Cicaplast Balm B5. My holy grail for soothing skin.
  • Disposable toilet seat covers.
  • 3" x 3" plastic pouches for jewelry, pills, powders, and first aid.
  • Rip Skirt Hawai’i. These wrap skirts fold so small, dry fast, and can be dressed up for dinner (especially the longer lengths). I wear quick-dry bike shorts underneath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter