What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

This is a very helpful list, and some wonderful ideas. Thank you all for doing the mental work on this!

For me, some stuff I haven't seen listed:

General stuff to bring:
  • One thing I bring is a small cleaning brush for nooks and crannies in water bottles- especially ones that use straws.
  • Small travel bottle of castile soap - dr bronners makes the perfect size. This can be used to clean the above water bottles, mix with water to make hand soap, I use it for my son's hair instead of shampoo, can be body wash too.
  • nail clippers - for nails sure but also little plastic things that hold tags on
  • water wipes - cleaning small messes, help take off makeup, also freshening up
  • 1 set of cutlery per person (fork, spoon, knife)
  • a good dish sponge
  • a good surface sponge
  • a plastic zip around sweater storage bag - to keep all this stuff together in my suitcase - and my house while I gather stuff up pre-packing! I also put my bigger liquids in this (it goes in checked luggage)
  • small amount of plastic wrap - for any liquids or gels, I take the top off, put on some plastic wrap, then put the cap back on to keep them less likely to spill. I also then put them in zip locks or wetbags, then the ziplocks go in the above sweater storage bag above. It is super duper easy to find things and/or unpack and I've never had a leak.
  • thermometer
  • ibuprofen and acetaminophen for adults and kids - especially since lately it is so difficult to find for kids, I just always take some with me.

Stuff for the kid (not just Disney, but travel anywhere):
  • twistable crayons - these are great for travel since you don't need a sharpener and they are unlikely to break
  • small spiral notebook - for the above
  • a tiny suitcase or backpack that he can fill with the toys or books he wants. It's small so it can't be that much stuff, and if needed we can pack it as is in a larger bag.

I've seen several TV news segments, flushable wipes shouldn't be flushed. I can't quickly find a link to a news article...this link gives a decent summary.
https://strictlymanology.com/are-du
ok. well, until public restrooms have bidets, the few times a year I'll have to poop in one, I will use a butt wipe. I use my travel bidet in the hotel room but I don't take it into the parks. So, I'll do like other countires then and leave the wipes in the waste basket. Problem solved. Thanks for shaming me.

ok. well, until public restrooms have bidets, the few times a year I'll have to poop in one, I will use a butt wipe. I use my travel bidet in the hotel room but I don't take it into the parks. So, I'll do like other countires then and leave the wipes in the waste basket. Problem solved. Thanks for shaming me.
Your post didn't say you leave used wipes in the trash. You quoted the mfg claim
Septic and Sewer Safe

Other countries people put wipes, and sometimes toilet tissue, in the trash. People in this country flush. I didn't shame you. I corrected the flushable claim in your post.

Your post didn't say you leave used wipes in the trash. You quoted the mfg claim
Septic and Sewer Safe

Other countries people put wipes, and sometimes toilet tissue, in the trash. People in this country flush. I didn't shame you. I corrected the flushable claim in your post.
I copy/pasted an Amazon link… and this really isn’t the forum for debate on the subject. I can’t comment further since I’ve not researched it to a degree to feel comfortable doing do. All I know is that folks like me who have digestive/GI issues often feel a bit more clean after a wipe or a rinse. That’s all I’m saying. That’s why I suggested the product. Let’s leave it there.

I copy/pasted an Amazon link… and this really isn’t the forum for debate on the subject. I can’t comment further since I’ve not researched it to a degree to feel comfortable doing do. All I know is that folks like me who have digestive/GI issues often feel a bit more clean after a wipe or a rinse. That’s all I’m saying. That’s why I suggested the product. Let’s leave it there.
I think the others were just pointing out that they should not be flushed, not saying they shouldn't be used at all. Not everyone is aware of the plumbing issues they can cause even when the manufacturer claims they're flushable.

I will start a list of not so normal items to pack for use at WDW.

We bring a McDonalds takeout cardboard 4 cup holder. We bring plastic Disney cups in 4 different patterns, whcih fit into the McDonalds 4 cup holder. What we use it for is a tooth brush holder. Everyone gets a cup assigned to them, to place their toothbrush in. The toothbrushes are organized and do not touch the counter. :goodvibes

We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night. :goodvibes

We bring ziplock bags in quart and gallon sizes. We use them to store any food we bring back to the room (no bugs please) and our cell phones & camera's when it rains. :goodvibes

What do you bring and use at WDW which are not normal items like a brush, clothes, extra sneakers ?
Veryyyyy interesting

This is a very helpful list, and some wonderful ideas. Thank you all for doing the mental work on this!

For me, some stuff I haven't seen listed:

General stuff to bring:
  • One thing I bring is a small cleaning brush for nooks and crannies in water bottles- especially ones that use straws.
  • Small travel bottle of castile soap - dr bronners makes the perfect size. This can be used to clean the above water bottles, mix with water to make hand soap, I use it for my son's hair instead of shampoo, can be body wash too.
  • nail clippers - for nails sure but also little plastic things that hold tags on
  • water wipes - cleaning small messes, help take off makeup, also freshening up
  • 1 set of cutlery per person (fork, spoon, knife)
  • a good dish sponge
  • a good surface sponge
  • a plastic zip around sweater storage bag - to keep all this stuff together in my suitcase - and my house while I gather stuff up pre-packing! I also put my bigger liquids in this (it goes in checked luggage)
  • small amount of plastic wrap - for any liquids or gels, I take the top off, put on some plastic wrap, then put the cap back on to keep them less likely to spill. I also then put them in zip locks or wetbags, then the ziplocks go in the above sweater storage bag above. It is super duper easy to find things and/or unpack and I've never had a leak.
  • thermometer
  • ibuprofen and acetaminophen for adults and kids - especially since lately it is so difficult to find for kids, I just always take some with me.

Stuff for the kid (not just Disney, but travel anywhere):
  • twistable crayons - these are great for travel since you don't need a sharpener and they are unlikely to break
  • small spiral notebook - for the above
  • a tiny suitcase or backpack that he can fill with the toys or books he wants. It's small so it can't be that much stuff, and if needed we can pack it as is in a larger bag.
Did anyone mention antiseptic wipes, like Lysol or Clorox? I bring a zip-top bag with several wherever I travel -- they're ESSENTIAL for cleaning the airplane seating area & the remote control & door knobs in the hotel room.

I sat down on a plane once & immediately started to clean the arms, tray table and TV buttons. The woman next to me had THAT LOOK: "Oh, great. I get seated next to the Crazy Woman. Lucky me." So, I turned over the wipe & showed her that it was black with gunk. She was horrified & actually recoiled. I said, "Would you like one?" "Yes. Yes, please!" lol

Last edited:
Did anyone mention antiseptic wipes, like Lysol or Clorox? I bring a zip-top bag with several wherever I travel -- they're ESSENTIAL for cleaning the airplane seating area & the remote control & door knobs in the hotel room.

I sat down on a plane once & immediately stardeted to clean the arms, tray table and TV buttons. The woman next to me had THAT LOOK: "Oh, great. I get seated next to the Crazy Woman. Lucky me." So, I turned over the wipe & showed her that it was black with gunk. She was horrified & actually recoiled. I said, "Would you like one?" "Yes. Yes, please!" lol

I have wiped everything down before I sit on a plane since long before COVID.

I'm pretty sure I was doing it even then! People are gross, COVID or no COVID.
Especially the headrest! I've seen some nasty hair on airplanes! And if no one has mentioned it (too long of a thread to read the whole thing), a pair of children's scissors with the blunt tips is very handy! Never know when you may need to cut off a price tag, some moleskin, gum out of hair (don't ask) or whatever else!

I love flying, but I don't have the time or patience to drive. I've driven across country 3 or 4 times & I really, really don't like it!
My friend is like this even though she is a driver.

Meanwhile I like both. And while part of this is I just hate the MTA and would rather pay to park then take public transport, I also think part of it is motion sickness related. My aunt cannot be anywhere but the driver or passenger seat for this reason

oK, Wife forgot lip Balm with sunscreen. Wind burn caused chapped lips….

Bring lip balm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter