What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

It took me a minute to realize the date when I started reading this but what’s funny is it’s been that long since I’ve been to WDW!

With the tech changes and products invented since 2010, I’d have to recommend laundry strips Tru Earth Eco-friendly, Biodegradable, Zero Waste, Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets/Eco-Strips for Sensitive Skin, 32 Count (Up to 64 Loads), Fresh Linen Scent https://a.co/d/1diTlba

Liquid IV packets. They have mixed packs for hydration, energy, immunity which are awesome and they taste good unlike emergen-c

mission cooling hat. You can wet it down, ring it out, and keep cool while being shaded. MISSION Cooling Bucket Hat- UPF 50, 3” Wide Brim, Cools When Wet https://a.co/d/2odR0WA

butt wipes. And I also bring a handheld travel bidet but keep it in the room. I’m spoiled with my bidet seat at home and I just need to feel clean when I’m sweating. If you catch my drift.
DUDE Wipes On-The-Go Flushable Wet Wipes - 1 Pack, 30 Wipes - Mint Chill Extra-Large Individually Wrapped Wipes with Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Oil - Septic and Sewer Safe https://a.co/d/1RW4tFK

I’m going to comb this thread for more ideas to make sure I’ve thought of everything.
Thanks for the update of the laundry strips, I wondered if there was anything out there similar to the puréx sheets. Also very interested in the travel bidet…..I didn’t realize that existed……I’ll be looking into that one.

I absolutely LOVED reading this whole post, it took me over a week, but was definitely worth it. Hopefully some additional new/updated info can be added

Last edited:

It took me a minute to realize the date when I started reading this but what’s funny is it’s been that long since I’ve been to WDW!

With the tech changes and products invented since 2010, I’d have to recommend laundry strips Tru Earth Eco-friendly, Biodegradable, Zero Waste, Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets/Eco-Strips for Sensitive Skin, 32 Count (Up to 64 Loads), Fresh Linen Scent https://a.co/d/1diTlba

Liquid IV packets. They have mixed packs for hydration, energy, immunity which are awesome and they taste good unlike emergen-c

mission cooling hat. You can wet it down, ring it out, and keep cool while being shaded. MISSION Cooling Bucket Hat- UPF 50, 3” Wide Brim, Cools When Wet https://a.co/d/2odR0WA

butt wipes. And I also bring a handheld travel bidet but keep it in the room. I’m spoiled with my bidet seat at home and I just need to feel clean when I’m sweating. If you catch my drift.
DUDE Wipes On-The-Go Flushable Wet Wipes - 1 Pack, 30 Wipes - Mint Chill Extra-Large Individually Wrapped Wipes with Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Oil - Septic and Sewer Safe https://a.co/d/1RW4tFK

I’m going to comb this thread for more ideas to make sure I’ve thought of everything.
We even asked the GF if they had any rooms with bidet and even considered bringing one 🤣

(can you bring a plumbing wrench through the airport? Asking for a friend)

I use the pop tops from canned drinks put them over the hook of a hanger and then take your next item and put it on the other part of the pop top. Keep cascading your hangers down. Takes up less space in the closet.
This is genius.

Last edited:

Same here! We packed a few for our last trip and while we didn't need them, it was good to know they were there if someone started feeling sick.
It wouldn't occur to me, but yes - this is an excellent idea.

I pack lots of moleskin to prevent blisters, a small spray bottle I can fill w/ chilled water, a flashlight, tweezers & a magnifying mirror, talc for my feet & to keep sunscreen from melting into my eyes, safety pins [I once saved a colleague's 1st Broadway opening night party w/ a single little safety pin. She thought I was a genius.] There really are a lot of things, now I think about it! lol

I love this thread, and have gotten so many tips from it! Has anyone composed a master list by the way?

However…

I just want to throw in what I just learned (well, I’ve always known but just had the unpleasurable experience of dealing with firsthand). Be careful that your packing doesn’t get out of hand! We took a trip where we drove and had a 15 passenger van. I threw in so many things “just in case”. Unpacking it all in the villa and then repacking for home, and again when we got home (we’ve been home since Sunday night and I’ve only unpacked a little because we’ve been so busy since we got back!). I’ll bet I had the equivalent of a full sized suitcase or more of things I took that might come in handy and I never touched!

For the future I want to think of it differently.
1. Items that if we forget we are really in trouble - glasses, contacts, prescription medications, medical supplies.
2. Random items I will use- zip lock bags, cloth diapers for rags, hand sanitizer, pool dive toys, small screwdrivers, batteries, ponchos, umbrellas.
3. Things I like but don’t need-and might not use- Disney bubble wands, lots of Minnie ears, quarters and pennies, extra shoes, every OTC med known to man, clothes pins, kids toys
4. Things we might think we want but should not drag along! - Jedi robes (particularly in summer), droid depot droids, tons of different shoes for different outfits, long pants in summer, stroller lights, kids lighted nightlight toys/stuffies.

thise are just examples from each category off of the top of my head. But I want to remember the future that we are going to Disney, not a remote village in Africa, and I can buy most things we might need if it was urgent enough. Heck, with Amazon prime now we can get a lot without going to a store. And it’s better to over pay for a few things than drag along the entire house with me lol! The gift shop even has a lot of things we might need, and it’s worth the cost if it saves time.

So while I love these things and think there are some great ideas,I know that I, in particular, need to be careful what I add and try to pare down haha. I’ve always been an over packer, so we’ll see how I do, but I really need to not do this again!!
I'm with you on everything except the long pants. I'm not a fan of a/c.

And once my friend didn't pack long pants or a jacket because he figured going from 30 degrees to 75 was fine. He was miserable the whole trip. It got to about 45 every night! Obviously not summer, as you say, but the same idea.

I once bought super-cheap sunscreen to take only to realize it was just lotion & I was walking around WDW w/o sun protection. Thank the gods for sundry shops at the hotels.

And once my friend didn't pack long pants or a jacket because he figured going from 30 degrees to 75 was fine. He was miserable the whole trip. It got to about 45 every night! Obviously not summer, as you say, but the same idea.

I once bought super-cheap sunscreen to take only to realize it was just lotion & I was walking around WDW w/o sun protection. Thank the gods for sundry shops at the hotels.

No matter when I go I pack one pair of jeans. If it gets cold it is easy enough to find a hoodie or sweater somewhere. Pants are another story.

Also my feet are happier if I switch shoes every day. So I do pack multiple pairs of shoes.

I've seen several TV news segments, flushable wipes shouldn't be flushed. I can't quickly find a link to a news article...this link gives a decent summary.
https://strictlymanology.com/are-du

I've seen several TV news segments, flushable wipes shouldn't be flushed. I can't quickly find a link to a news article...this link gives a decent summary.
https://strictlymanology.com/are-du

A plumber we had at the house recently (somehow a toothbrush was flushed) told me that just because they call wipes "flushable" doesn't mean they should be flushed. I guess along the lines of just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

I didn't read the entire thread. I haven't seen apps mentioned.
Disney Experience app--make sure it's installed on whatever device you plan on using. Make sure you know your password

Transportation apps such as lyft and uber. If you're not already a member wait until a few days before you leave to sign up. You may get new customer deals. Mears app for taxi. Great option if you're going to be using a scooter.

Meal delivery such as doordash and uber eats.
Delivery apps such as instacart. Shipt is a good option if you have a VISA card. You get a trial membership, 1 month for some cards, up to 3 years with others. Shipt charges regular Target prices with no markup. Services like instacart normally mark up store prices.

LOL, I agree with the long pants and even a sweatshirt or jacket even if they are calling for 70 and 80's.
One year, I didn't pack a jacket or long pants as it was calling for 70's.
You can guess what happened! The temp dipped and I Froze. I wore my husband's only sweater the whole time, bless him, and was still cold. It's a different kind of cold in Florida - it creeps into your bones with all the humidity. We live in a cold climate so I know what cold is:)
We ar e leaving on a trip to Florida soon and I will pack warm clothes this time.

LOL, I agree with the long pants and even a sweatshirt or jacket even if they are calling for 70 and 80's.
One year, I didn't pack a jacket or long pants as it was calling for 70's.
You can guess what happened! The temp dipped and I Froze. I wore my husband's only sweater the whole time, bless him, and was still cold. It's a different kind of cold in Florida - it creeps into your bones with all the humidity. We live in a cold climate so I know what cold is:)
We ar e leaving on a trip to Florida soon and I will pack warm clothes this time.
Yeah, my friend stole my sweatshirt, too, & I was left with a lightweight blazer I'd brought for dinner shows. lol At least my legs were covered.

I am from NYC & lived in Tampa for 3.5 of the longest years of my life. The 1st yr I was in FL, I felt the cold more than any time in my life & my colleagues transplanted from New England said that everyone from the NE & mid-west says the same thing.

Now I'm in Los Angeles & they either wears short & sandals 365, claiming it's some sort of birthright, or just a light jacket & no hat & complain they're cold. To be fair, it's nearly impossible to get warm coats here, even though you can drive an hour to the mountains where it routinely gets below freezing. I got a gorgeous winter coat at a thrift store & realized after I'd worn it several times that it was about half the weight of my NYC "heavy" winter coats -- cuz had 2 winter coats back home, one for most days & one for when I had to leave for work at 4:30 a.m. & it was 17 degrees [which happened more often than I'd liked]. 🥶

Yeah, my friend stole my sweatshirt, too, & I was left with a lightweight blazer I'd brought for dinner shows. lol At least my legs were covered.

I am from NYC & lived in Tampa for 3.5 of the longest years of my life. The 1st yr I was in FL, I felt the cold more than any time in my life & my colleagues transplanted from New England said that everyone from the NE & mid-west says the same thing.

Now I'm in Los Angeles & they either wears short & sandals 365, claiming it's some sort of birthright, or just a light jacket & no hat & complain they're cold. To be fair, it's nearly impossible to get warm coats here, even though you can drive an hour to the mountains where it routinely gets below freezing. I got a gorgeous winter coat at a thrift store & realized after I'd worn it several times that it was about half the weight of my NYC "heavy" winter coats -- cuz had 2 winter coats back home, one for most days & one for when I had to leave for work at 4:30 a.m. & it was 17 degrees [which happened more often than I'd liked]. 🥶
I found it impossible to get a real warm sweatshirt while at Disney that time. What they call sweatshirts in Florida are what we can summer tops, LOL.

I found it impossible to get a real warm sweatshirt while at Disney that time. What they call sweatshirts in Florida are what we can summer tops, LOL.
Oh, yeah. The weather reporters in SoCal get absolutely hysterical when it rains or gets cold. They send out native SoCalers to report on snow with only a windbreaker & little knit gloves. These poor kids think they're going to perish right there. And I'm screaming at the TV: "It's called WEATHER! It's called SEASONS! Give that kid a COAT!!!"

It reminds me of when a friend invited his girlfriend to join us in Kansas City in January (long story) & she showed up in her "winter coat", which was equivalent to a spring-weight trench. It was 40 below with the wind chill. Poor kid was literally in tears. So cold that gas pumps were frozen & my mom got into an asthma attack going through a revolving door, before she ever got outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter