What now defunct product do you wish would comeback?

Clear Magic - this was an all-purpose cleaner/degreaser that used to be sold in the automotive section of stores like Walmart or Kmart. It was concentrated, so a little went a long way. That stuff cut through grease and grime like nobody's business, did not require rinsing, and left a nice shine on everything. The before-and-after results were always astounding. The last time I was able to buy it was in Job Lot over ten years ago. I have tried other brands like Simple Green but nothing came close to the results I got with Clear Magic. I'm sure it had some kind of toxic solvent like TCE in it and that's probably why I can't get it anymore, but man could it clean!

Chi Chi's. Mexican/American restaurant. Loved it. I loved the environment and I loved the food. Nothing like a chimichanga at Chi Chi's

I agree. It was one of my favorite restaurants. I would get some type of a combo platter with fried ice cream for dessert. It had the best salsa I know you can get it in the store but not the same and the food was not very spicy perfect for us and so delicious.

Can be anything

Not the actual product but I preferred the original design of the cherry Coke
Oh and at McDonald's they used to do a fruit yogurt , I would bring that back.
Our McDonald's had them until COVID. I'm hoping they bring them back soon.

My pet peeve is when a brand takes something off the shelf to "improve it" or reformulate.

I had a favorite shampoo and conditioner- Fekkai. I used to LOVE that stuff. It disappeared for awhile and came back "new and improved"......garbage......it's awful. go back to whatever it was and leave it alone.
Yup. Not improved, and usually in a smaller container at the old price. I know my wife has some of her older recipes that call for sizes of products that are no longer made in that size. Her favorite calls for "1 standard (16 ounce) can of evaporated milk". Standard size these days is 12 ounces.

those corkscrew shaped fluorescent light bulbs..... I don;t know why but suddenly they're very hard to find.... I love them for plant grow lights, I used to use a few different sizes for my plants,and they were so happy in winter! They just don't like LED as much.... I found some on amazon,but they were expensive...

The only thing I could find on google was:

lol :)

I tried to google them, as well, and there was I think 3 posts by the poster mentioning these. 😊 I couldn’t find anything else with that specific wording, though.

I tried “British hard shell candy” and Galaxy Minstrels came up. Or Revels. 🤷‍♀️

I miss Togo’s! We don’t have them in the south. I’d love a #9. Yum!

I miss the tropical fruit lifesavers.

I've been eyeing a #24 on wheat with extra peppers for months, but I have a hard time spending $9 for a sandwich.

I miss fancy fruits lifesavers! I loved the grapefruit ones.

Regular registers with actual cashiers. Don't like self-checkouts when you have 10+ items. They won't accept your own bags, there's always an issue, AI takes forever to accept a scanned item, sensitive weighing, then you have to wait for approval, etc. It's just overall a more frustrating experience.

The self checks out at my walmart are fantastic! They don't have the scale thing anymore, and you can use your own bags if you want, I don't. I am ten times faster there than the regular lines. We even have some that have the belt if you want. BJ's are also awesome and if 15 and under amount of items you can go to the ones that you can scan everything in your cart no lifting...lol.

I tried to google them, as well, and there was I think 3 posts by the poster mentioning these. 😊 I couldn’t find anything else with that specific wording, though.

I tried “British hard shell candy” and Galaxy Minstrels came up. Or Revels. 🤷‍♀️
I guess this proves I REALLY miss them!

The original Pine-Sol with Pine Oil. Apparently the price of pine oil got too expensive. Even though it says "original" it's not -- such a lie. The one with the pine oil is available from a single provider (not Amazon) -- a real PITA.

Ry-Krisp Crackers!
Apparently the company changed hands, there are lawsuits involved, etc., etc. I still hold out hope that they will return someday -- for me to slather with butter as my favorite cocktail accompaniment.

I remember those! The Au Gratin flavor was like the best!

One for me had been Hostess Choc-Diles. For a while they weren't availabe here but wre on the West Coast. There was a company that shipped them in! Anyway, after Hostess went under and re-emerged, they brought them back so it's a win for me! They are a little smaller now, but do taste the same.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter