What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Pretty much every single 1 TS in-park restaurant with the exceptions of Spice Road and Skipper's. I feel, at this point, 1 TS food is about on par with QS, so why continue to waste our time and money? We will probably never go to Le Cellier, Narcoossee's or Monsieur Paul again either.

Hmm, I disagree. I have had great 1 TS Credit meals: Sebastian's Bistro, I love Garden Grill, Boma, Sanaa, Via Nappoli. Just to name a few recent ones.

- BOG..... You line up in a stuffy hallway and then order from a complicated touchscreen kiosk. The Disney person acted annoyed that people were taking too long to order, but the touch screen menu isn't obvious and if you have never used it before, takes time to figure out which sub-menu has which item. You get your own beverage/silverware and seat yourself, but they bring the food when read, a rather odd combination of table & counter service. Food for lunch was very average

I did BOG breakfast in February. Had an amazing meal with great service. I thought that was a phenomenal use of a QS meal credit. I decided to try it for lunch in September. What a nightmare.

It was so crowded I couldn't find a place to sit. Eventually after wondering around aimlessly looking for a place to sit for 20 min a cast member found me and paired me with some strangers at a small table. It took another 40 minutes to get my food. A CM at the 30 min mark apologized for how long it was taking and said they would get me some fast passes for the inconvenience. Those never came.

When I did get my food, my drink didn't come with it. I went to the beverage station and helped myself. Finally my beer came. My sandwich was basically ham and grilled cheese. Good but not great.

I decided to try it for lunch in September. What a nightmare.
Sounds like my experience. BOG lunch can be decent but completely dependent on what you order and when you eat. I always try for very early or very late lunch to miss the heavy crowds. BOG also doesn't treat single or 2 party guests well. Seem to prioritize parties of 4 plus. I've also waited at least 30 mins for my food with management popping by to make sympathetic noises. I don't want the sympathy. Just want my food. I asked the last CM to please just get my meal from the kitchen. No can do. Not her job.

I normally go to a restaurants three times before making a go or no-go decision for future trips.

1. Paradiso 38. Food was mediocre and service poor. Now that Frontera Cocina, I don't see any reason in recommending Paradiso for a Mexican food fix

2. Le Cellier. I cook a mean steak at home, and don't that you are packed in like sardines.

Dishonorable mention: Cape May Cafe. Mediocre seafood can get a bit messy with plates piling up. Also can be loud and hectic. I put this in a separate category as we wouldn't go to it if was just me and wife. However my in-laws love buffets esp. seafood, so we would go with them and have.

There are other places that we don't go through. Nothing inherently wrong with them service or food prep. wise. Just not on our radar for various reasons

Sci Fi Diner is really the only one (and I’ve eaten at Hollywood and Vine). The food was not good and the service was horrible. The kids also didn’t like the clips.

Where have you had bad enough dining experiences that you won’t go again? Or where have you gone that has just been consistently underwhelming enough that you’ve given up?
Several, and I give any restaurant more than one chance before putting it on my no-go list.
'Ohana - just too noisy and mediocre food
LeCellier - Not a signature dining experience despite the price point. Way too crowded and food isn't up to signature standards.
Big River Grill - poor service and food

Went to my beloved Olivia’s for brunch last Sunday and there was definitely something off. We were seated 20 minutes late despite the place being only half-full. Our server was friendly and warm but we had to wait half an hour for our appetizer and then almost 40 minutes for our entrees after that. There was clearly something going on in the kitchen- we heard tables around us complaining (we felt bad for the waitress and had hours to kill so we didn’t complain although it was very annoying!) we saw a manager with a walkie-talkie come in at one point and speak seriously to another CM. (The table near us full of kids was VERY unhappy and got their meals before everyone else despite coming in later, they made such a fuss.)

When the food finally arrived it was much more mediocre than I remembered from years past. The conch fritters were great but my friend’s breakfast plate looked slapped-together and sad after (and that after an hour of waiting!) My fried chicken was good but almost impossible to taste under the overwhelming amount of bland sausage gravy.

Our waitress never said a word to us about the delay.

All in all, very odd.

I’m sure it was an off day, some weird crisis in the kitchen, but wow, was I surprised. Will consider my options before going back, in all honesty.

Don't get too nervous. A lot of the ones getting mentioned here as people's least favorites (Garden Grill, Biergarten, Sanaa, Via Nappoli) I've had great meals at. I'm sure others feel that way about some of my least favorite places.
Ain't it the truth...
We've been going to Disney World for about twenty years, and every restaurant we've ever had a breakfast, lunch, or dinner at has received, over the years at any given time, both extremely poor and extremely great reviews. This has been so consistent, on these boards (the best of all in my opinion) especially, that I just encourage everyone that if a place looks appealing, you like the menu/price, and it's convenient for your plans and stay..well give it a try.
JMHO, and however it tuns out, at least you'll be able to post your experience here!
Hope you are all having a magical day! :goodvibes

Last edited:
V&A...... oh who am I kidding, I'm already saving up for our 40th Anniversary meal there!

Citricos - experienced poor service, cold food and lousy location even though the place was empty. Manager offered to comp, but I had eaten the food and like to pay my fair share. Too many other palces to try before we have a desire to return.

Art Smith's Homecomin! I know that most people love it, but one bad experience is enough for us not to return.
The potatoes were runny and had to be eaten with a spoon, the much touted chicken was just okay, not bad, but not special.
The gravy on the potatoes had a "funny" taste to us. To top it off, we were charged twice for our meal. It was my fault for not checking the bill when we received it. I always do that now! Maybe it was an off night but we didn't have a horrible meal, just mediocre and disappointing. I like my mashed potatoes with some substance; honestly that funny tasting liquid mess was a turn off.

I can't say there are any we would never, cause never say never. We try not repeat since there are so many restaurants to try.

Having said that, we weren't crazy about Sanaa - horrible service the worst we have ever had on property and just so so meal so we aren't in any hurry to go back. We also weren't blown away by Jikos - not horrible service but just so so service and our meal was just so so, so again, we aren't in any hurry to go back. Chef Pauls - again service was just so so - border line bad and food was just so so, again not in any hurry to go back. Flying Fish - the food was good, our server was pretty bad but we will probably go back at some point. The restaurant in GB at WS (I can't remember the name) the service was second to Sanaa as bad - our server actually ended her shift and just left and after about 20 min. after we finished our meal and wanted to pay we had to get up and go ask someone who we could pay. The food was just so so, I had corned beef and cabbage and it only had one piece of cabbage in it, since it's in the name one would have thought there would have been at least 2 pieces. We might go back again at some point.

I'm sure we will go back to them all at some point since everywhere has bad days so we try to not judge by one time.

Via Napoli - didn’t like the pasta or pizza
Spice Road - the worse service I have had anywhere in my entire life, rude, disinterested, at one point the waiter asked my DH if he was done, he said yes, the waiter grabbed his plate & MINE while I was still eating! The food was also bland.

Biergarten in Germany
Has been years since we went, but won't pay those prices again for regular weiners, sauertkraut tasting out of can and other foods I can't remember now. Was so disappointed.
Know restaurants can have off nights, but that's not what this is about - just didn't care for the type/quality of food on the buffet. Probably the only restaurant we won't go back to.

Last edited:
I think everyone who reads this will find disagreements with almost every restaurant that others hate. Everyone has different taste so just remember take what we say with what our families experienced and not as gospel. You might have a different experience then others have stated. I will always try for myself and then be mad that I didn't listen lol.

Boathouse: our dinners were not even mediocre, virtually tasteless, service poor, noisy
Tutto Italia: gave it 2 tries, both time rude, inattentive wait staff, food just ok, there are better places
Biergarten: just too much of a crap shoot if you’ll get good table mates, if you do it’s fine but you can have a horrible evening if you get a bad table

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter