What restaurants won’t you go to again?

I love threads like this! It’s funny to see places I love on people’s lists of restaurants they won’t go back to.

Boathouse: Overpriced for what we got - food was just okay.

Via Napoli: Long wait to be seated, long wait to order, long wait for food, long wait for check. Terribly slow service. We had a 6:00 ADR and when we left, Illuminations was close to starting. From arrival at the restaurant until we left, it was nearly a 3 hour meal. All that for some arancini, pasta and pizza that really weren’t any better than what we can get at home. We had a one year old at the time. Total nightmare and will never go there again.

Nine Dragons: This is a totally irrational reason to not go back, but last time I was there, I walked in the bathroom and the sink was overflowing with vomit. I couldn’t eat after seeing it and it’s honestly all I think of when I think of Nine Dragons.

Pinocchio’s Village Haus: I really wish the food was better here. I’ve tried it 3 times, disappointed every time.

Chef Mickey’s: We love character meal experiences. We don’t ever expect the best food ever, but of all the ones we’ve ever done, Chef Mickey’s is the absolute worst. The food did not taste fresh and the character interactions were lackluster. And we saw birds flying around —that freaks me out with the buffet food just sitting there. Not a fan.

Don't get too nervous. A lot of the ones getting mentioned here as people's least favorites (Garden Grill, Biergarten, Sanaa, Via Nappoli) I've had great meals at. I'm sure others feel that way about some of my least favorite places.
I agree. Some of the restaurants listed here our my family's favorites. Every visit we must do Garden Grill. Never had a bad one there and our last visit now two weeks ago, had the most amazing beef, my wife asked for seconds for the table. She never does that. Via Napoli is another. I was overwhelmed by the service and speed at which we received our meal of pizzas. I do not have a Dominos, Papa Johns, or brick oven pizza in my neck of the woods. We have a corner Family Market who also make pizza. So I found the VN pizza to be spectacular. As always, just enjoy yourselves!

Sahna: It was just avarage
Ohana: Food too inconsistent and it is honestly tooo sweet
Skipper Canteen: Our food was cold and not good quality
Liberty tree tavern: Canteen style food and the ooygoowey toffee cake was average at best, and that was my only reason to go there
California Grill: Sushi was just bad

The only place we went to that had actual Inedible food, was Boatwrights Dining Hall at Port Orleans Riverside. We spent around $150 and then had to stop at the QS on the way back to eat.

But I will say this, everyone has their own preference and so many places on this list that are some people's worst are some people's best. If I read this list I will end up not wanting to go eat anywhere lol

Hollywood and vine for me is a never again. We did breakfast on our last trip, and yuck. I thought the food was so below average.

BOG is on the list for me as well. We booked for next December and quickly eliminated this. We did lunch here, and it was a zoo. We will explore other options on our next trip.

Tusker House. Booked it for the characters, but food was very underwhelming, and we found other ways to meet Donald and gang. I’m an adventurous eater while my husband is not, and neither of us was happy with our food.

I’m not saying “never again” to ‘Ohana, but probably not for a while. Loved the atmosphere, view, and appetizers, but wasn’t a fan of the shrimp, chicken, or steak. Meh.

I don’t like buffets period but have done Tusker house, Boma, and trails end with our vegan daughter as there were more choices for her to eat. I would not go back to any of those unless she was with us and requested to return. I did not care for the food at Prime Time, BOG where we tried breakfast and lunch each once (what a zoo), Sci Fi, Boathouse, restaurant Marrakesh, Nine Dragon, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Woody’s lunch box, Cosmic Rays.

I would rather save my calories at any of the above and just eat a piece of fruit or an energy bar.

Don't get too nervous. A lot of the ones getting mentioned here as people's least favorites (Garden Grill, Biergarten, Sanaa, Via Nappoli) I've had great meals at. I'm sure others feel that way about some of my least favorite places.

::yes:: I agree.

Many of these restaurants are favorites for many people. A place can have an "off" day or night too. Some are over priced AND you may also leave hungry, some the food is so so, some the place is loud/slow, etc.

One really needs to try for themselves and definitely give it another chance if the experience was not a good one the first time (unless the food is really awful. For example, we like the Wave. We have been multiple times and would go back, but for some reason, our experience early this month was a little on the negative side due to slow service........extremely slow. If this were to happen again/become the norm, we would scratch if off the list for a long time.

After reading the rest of the responses, I realized in my original response I forgot to mention T-Rex. Again, decor and theme was great! Service was great! Food, not great. Which is good because there are other restaurants in Disney Springs I'd love to try (like Raglan Road).

BoG both food and service was bad. Now there are a half a dozen places that have come off our regular list but 2 or 3 trips in the future we will give them another chance. BoG is the only place to make our never again list.

Be Our Guest-- lunch a zoo sticky dirty tables food nothing special really wanted to like it after all the hype.
Sci Fi-- food just awful
Prime Time -- poor service never had any of the great interaction people talk about. Food just ok.

We go once, twice, sometimes three times a year, so the list of places I WILL eat at is getting shorter as my “never again” list gets ever longer.

Coral Reef - garbage, awful, terrible. Almost as bad as...
Biergarten - just...terrible awful food glop.
BOG - after it converted to signature the quality (which has been in decline for a while) took a total dive while the price jumped. Nope.
Cosmic Rays - terrible food and I hate the service system.
Le Cellier - overpriced and over salty with bad service and crappy atmosphere
Skipper Canteen - all time worst. Cold steak. Shrimp dish wasn’t worthy of a TS. They kept trying to replace the steak with more cold steak so we just gave up.
Ohanas - over salty chaos.

Mama Melrose's and Boatwright's.

We have only eaten once at Mama Melrose's, but the food and service were both horrible.

We gave Boatwright's a 2nd chance, and it didn't redeem itself. The food was very bland. We did have good service, but there are just too many other great places to enjoy at WDW to go back there.

Sadly Yak and Yeti dropped out of my regular list last trip. I had the sweet and sour chicken and is was drowning in a florescent pink sauce that looked like it had been dumped out of a jar. And while it was very colorful, it had no flavor and it was starting to congeal, like the dish had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter