What should I do? Trying to get 2nd room at ASMovies

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
Here's my dilema...

We are booking a Sept. "Kids go Free" package at AS Movies. We really, really want AS Movies! We have 3 kids that will be 9 mo., 3 and 5 when we go. DH and I have decided we could really use a 2nd adjoining room.
Problem: all AS Movies rooms with the $49 discount code are sold out for the whole month of Sept. The resort is not sold out , however (at full price). Our travel dates are very flexible...we are currently planning on Sept 21-25.

CRO said I should just keep trying for cancellations. Do you think there is really any hope of a code cancellation. Or, should I switch AS resorts where I know the code is still available.

This "kids go free" program charges fees inside of 45 days of the trip, so I really can't change things after that.

I don't know whether it's worth the "risk" to wait and rack up our phone bill calling CRO all the time... or should I just play it safe and switch resorts. But my kids will be a little sad not to be at Movies. Help!:rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Yes, by all means keep trying. I went through this last year. We had rooms in ASSp but wanted ASMo. I tried every day.

Finally, I got the ASMo with no discount. With the encouragement of people from this board, I kept trying every morning to get the Movies with a discount. It finally happened.

However, it happened day by day. At one point, I had 3 ressies. The first part of our trip with a discount, the middle without, and the end with. A CM looked at my ressie one day and said this is ridiculous. Went and talked to her manager, and they decided to make the entire trip discounted. It was a big help $$. Maybe they were just tired of me calling - but it worked.

So, I say call everyday. In the morning and after lunch if you can. Most people say try 1st thing in the morning. But, I had my successes after 12 noon.

Thanks OhMickey, does anyone else have an opinion...I'm just worried that if I wait too long, all the $49 discounts may be gone at ASSp and AsMu too, and then we won't be able to get a second room. (Which would be so great at nap time and bedtime!)

If you are willing to put up another deposit you could go ahead and make ressies at AsSp or AsMu (I prefer AsMu myself) and keep trying every day at AsMo. If you haven't gotten the other room at AsMo a day or two before the 45 day limit I would cancel the AsMo and go with the resort where you have the two rooms reserved.

Does the plan only work if you stay at the allstar? The reason I am asking is because Kaa had told me that the Port Orleans has rooms that include a trundle for a child under 10. I saw on mousavers that there are chances to get moderate rooms for as low as 89.00. It may not help, but thought it was an avenue to pursue.

I'm not sure where you are calling for your resverations but I called the disney travel company at 800-828-0228 and was able to add a second room at ASMu. just thought the 800# might help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter