What sort of mattress topper can you ask for to put on the sofa bed?

Are the sofa beds at SSR uncomfortable? Uh- oh we're going to be needing to use for a bed soon....
I hope the room you get has a good one.
10 years ago, I was on a sofa bed at BCV, and I slept.
Apparently comfort is very subjective.

The few times I've called to housekeeping they've been good with delivering an egg-crate. (Kidani and VWL-BR). On my last trip to Jambo I called down for the same and the cast member i spoke with on the phone did not know what a mattress topper was. After a call back someone arrived with a very thick memory foam/gel topper that was so large they had to utilize a crib to bring it to us. It was perfect. We moved rooms twice during the stay and brought it with us each time, finally leaving it behind in the last room.

Last edited:
The few times I've called to housekeeping they've been good with delivering an egg-crate. (Kidani and VWL-BR). On my last trip to Jambo I called down for the same and the cast member i spoke with on the phone did not know what a mattress topper was. After a call back someone arrived with a very thick memory foam/gel topper that was so large they had to utilize a crib to bring it to us. It was perfect. We moved rooms twice during the stay and brought it with us each time, finally leaving it behind in the last room.
How about that! Well, we will soon find out how our sofa bed is....our trip begins on Saturday!

I can't believe I've never thought of doing this! Going to try this on Friday at Kidani for our friends who will be on the sofa bed!

Are the sofa beds at SSR uncomfortable? Uh- oh we're going to be needing to use for a bed soon....

We are not frightfully fussy although there have been a couple of beds at various places that have been super uncomfortable. We found the sofabed at SSR a bit uncomfortable but once we requested an eggcrate topper, we had no issues sleeping on it for a week.

We have asked for and received egg crate toppers at AK Jambo and OKW but we usually double up on them.

I'm pretty sure the murphy beds we're seeing in the new resorts are in response to the complaints about the sleeper sofas and calls for mattress toppers.
I wonder if this makes for a hard sofa though. I doubt we can win both ways.

We had the same at Jambo back in January-it was amazing. We also took it during a room switch.

You could have Amazon deliver a topper for about 41 bucks for a queen sized bed if it's terrible. https://www.amazon.com/Maevis-Mattr...B7FMD8R4AB9&psc=1&refRID=2BFMCM56NB7FMD8R4AB9
There is an Amazon Basics one for less AmazonBasics Down-Alternative Mattress Topper with Microfiber Shell - Queen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FYG5V79/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WII3CbTY86SRM

There is also Lucid Memory foam for around the same price as what you posted LUCID 2 Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Full https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2N2BJU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uKI3CbK8BDCKZ and there are several others as well.

Just a thought and we will be keeping this in mind for our stay at OKW in case the beds are uncomfortable.

We were at BWV last weekend with friends. I again asked for the mattress topper, but this time only received a quilted mattress pad/cover. Our friends said the sofa bed at BWV was very comfortable and much better than AKV (Kidani), even though we had an egg crate topper and pad at AKV.

Anyone stay in an OKW 1 bed + post-renovation? Did they replace the sofa bed mattresses? My mom slept on it last summer and said it was pretty uncomfortable until HK brought a topper. We're there in a month :-)

We were at BWV last weekend with friends. I again asked for the mattress topper, but this time only received a quilted mattress pad/cover. Our friends said the sofa bed at BWV was very comfortable and much better than AKV (Kidani), even though we had an egg crate topper and pad at AKV.
They're not kidding. The AKV (both Jambo and Kidani) use a horrible thin mattress on that pullout. I'm screaming mad as when we bought in AKV had some of the best pull out beds, now they have the worst.

They should make whomever is selecting the beds for any refurbishments actually sleep on the items they're purchasing for us, for a week.

We did not have to request a topper.
Why do the different DVC resorts use different mattresses/manufacturers? You'd think that by now Disney would have an specific brand they use so they can be sure the comfort is there while still fitting with the design (I use "design" loosely here as some sofas have as much style as a paper bag, and pretty much the same comfort level.)

Has anyone stayed on the sofa beds at Copper Creek? Wondering if we will need a mattress topper for it or are they the newer style? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter