What spots are you OVER??

Rose and Crown, the foods always been good when we've been but with the price increases we can't justify paying it for food we can get at home in the UK...and my mum makes the best sticky toffee pudding which the rose and Crown won't beat :rotfl:
We never do the UK restaurants in wdw, since we live here. And as others said, we don't go enough to get sick of somewhere, so, we try new, and keep some favourites on our trips

Boma and Garden Grill. Loved them the first few times. Last time, not so much.

Boma was good. There was nothing wrong with dinner. I think we're just ready to move on.
Garden Grill's potatoes turned me off. They seemed like instant mash and our server seemed so rushed.

We might be over Ohana. I prefer to grab a drink and the bread pudding from the Tambu Lounge.

We rarely repeat a TS so none, there are some that were one and done for us but we like to try new places and don't book ADRs in advance, just day of so we find all sorts of new places.

Hollywood Brown Derby - used to be a favorite and then they did away with the chicken alfredo. I made due with the chicken with macaroni & cheese, but now they've managed to screw that up as well. There is nothing at all appealing on the menu, and I can get the same wine & cocktails outside at the lounge.

Kona Cafe - The sushi is terrible. I can't continue to make excuses for it ("Oh, they just want to cater to everyone!") because grocery store sushi is better. Plus, getting to Poly has become a real beating and it's easier to go to Morimoto or Kimono's for higher quality stuff in a more luxe environment.

Be Our Guest - I'm definitely out on lunch (is the bread always from the day before?), but after my upcoming ADR to try the lobster bisque, I'm probably out on dinner as well. I'm just going through a phase where I don't like spending time at MK and the draw of BoG isn't enough to get me through the gates at Strollerville right now.

La Cava del Tequila - DESPITE WHAT THE MENU ONLINE SAYS ... they took away my favorite margarita (San Angel Inn) and replaced it with a lesser quality, more expensive margarita. I learned to live with that ... AND THEN THEY TOOK THAT MARGARITA AWAY TOO! NO, I DON'T WANT A SKINNY MARGARITA! I WANT A REAL MARGARITA. I live in Texas and I KNOW margaritas ... and these margaritas aren't just up to the level they need to be at any longer. Sad.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Thankfully, now all of my first-timers have had the dine-in experience so I don't have to work that in. I wish they'd redo the menu slightly - especially the salads. The turkey croissant is pretty good though.

I'm so glad I read your post. We are from San Antonio and were debating in whether to try that restaurant. I was interested in the margaritas, buy if they are that bad, we will definitely skip it.

I have to say Be Our Guest. We are vegetarian, and loved their quiche in the past. They changed the recipe and no longer has a flaky crust. It is now an omlet disk a with a flavorless piece of puff pastry. What a disappointment.

Last edited:
I'm over the ones that get so much hype. Among them: 'Ohana, Be Our Guest. Until such time as the menu changes we're completely done there. If you love these places you can thank me for being one less person trying for an adr! ;)

I'm so glad I read your post. We are from San Antonio and were debating in whether to try that restaurant. I was interested in the margaritas, buy if they are that bad, we will definitely skip it.

The blood orange margarita is good ... but if you want a traditional one, it’s overpriced and underwhelming. It’s definitely not a Rosario’s margarita, that’s for sure!

Ohana and Biergarten

Ohana breakfast has been my favorite and we have been many times. This summer there were too many changes that we will not be back.

My husband's fave is Biergarten but they changed some of the sausages he likes so now it's a no. This was his only request so he is disappointed.

We would be back to either one day if we hear differently.

Liberty Tree Tavern. I loved it in years past, we went again in January and I hated it.

I'm over Biergarten. Not because we have had any problems there, but just because we have been so many times. It's my DH's favorite place and so we go every trip. I like the food fine, but it isn't anything that I just love.

Agree! Best meal our 2014, soooo disappointed with our meal 2016!

Agree with this... in 2015 (and before) our meals and service here was great... but in May 2016 and Dec 2016 both food and service was nowhere near signature --- service issue was timing (appetizer, bread and entree all at once --- not so good --- and it happened both in May and Dec) then we basically didn't see our server again at all --- We were DXDDP for both trips so we should have had a dessert but we didn't see our server again and we just wanted out of there by that point. We've always booked here but we won't be going for our 2018 trip... Sci-Fi diner is quirky but themed and cheap -- so we'll try it... but we're not expecting much. We have a few special events/tours booked but I think we'll do QS and off-site mostly this trip.

For us the DHS dining experience has definitely become some sort of race to the bottom.... and they seem to find a lower bottom every trip. I think we're close to reaching the point that on DHS days we'll just leave for dinner at BW/YC/BC/Epcot then come back for Fantasmic or Fireworks/projection show.

For me I'm done with Ohana and BOG.

With Ohana, I'm tired of being seated 30 minutes or longer past my scheduled ADR only to get rushed service and some rather average food. For me, it's not the same as it used to be. As for BOG, it's a whole lot of selling the sizzle and then falling short of delivering. Incredible beautiful decor, but the food is rather average. Twice is enough for me.

For me, Le Cellier, Biergarten, and Kona Cafe are no longer favorites. I stopped going to Le Cellier and Kona because of menu changes. I like the food and entertainment at Biergarten, but decided I don’t like them well enough to sit at a table with people I don’t know.

I'm over Be Our Guest. The food is what it is, but we've been every trip since 2013 and it's just not quite as special. Though, old habits die hard - when I saw an ADR for BOG I swooped in.

We've also done Mama Melrose every trip since 2013, and it's been nothing but exceptional, but with them removing the appetizer from the Fantasmic package we'll probably give it a break for a while.

I'm over Be Our Guest. The food is what it is, but we've been every trip since 2013 and it's just not quite as special. Though, old habits die hard - when I saw an ADR for BOG I swooped in.

We've also done Mama Melrose every trip since 2013, and it's been nothing but exceptional, but with them removing the appetizer from the Fantasmic package we'll probably give it a break for a while.
What? No apps at the Fantasmic? Headed there next week! Is that for 18??

Everytime we go to WDW we like to try new places...but there's always the ones that we do over and over. 2 of them are The Wave and Trattoria Al Forno. After the last trip, I think I'm over both of them! The service was less than....the portion sizes were less than....and the overall experiences were just less than......that we thought....OK we're over these places for now. What are some places that you always go/went to....that you're over??

Does Magic Kingdom count as a spot? I’m really over the crowds at MK!

I used to love Tangerine Cafe but it’s been pretty blah in recent years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter