What spots are you OVER??

Wave lately. Last time we went our server was nice but seemed very stressed, confused, and slow (restaurant was pretty empty). The food was still good but we kept having to remind him of things and felt like pests. We even tipped extra because we felt sorry for him, but it doesn't make me want to go back there any time soon.
Via Napoli. I love it but it's just too loud and crazy. Last time I felt like I needed a Valium during lunch. My chair also kept getting bumped by people passing through.
Le Cellier and 'Ohana I agree with everyone else. These restaurants used to both to be amazing and favorites of ours but they are both underwhelming and not worth the $$ and time anymore.

What? No apps at the Fantasmic? Headed there next week! Is that for 18??

I’m pretty sure that change goes into effect after January 1, so you should be OK next week.

When we started going in 1999, our top three were Chef Mickey, Cape May Cafe and Ohana.

Dinner food always got panned on the Disboards, but we really liked CM’s between the prime rib, Parmesan potatoes, soup and fabulous desserts. They dropped the prime rib at some point, but we still went. Last time we went in 2010, the dessert selection was flat out pathetic—squares of not-so-great cake and rubber balls in the containers that once held a huge selection of candies. I swore we were done then, but we may try again next visit because my great nieces really like the characters. In recent photos I’ve seen, it looks like the desserts may be better than last time.

The steamed clams and mussels at Cape May used to be awesome with chefs waiting to steam them fresh for you, but last time we were there in 2016, they were out on the buffet like any other dish. We ate at the Garden Grove the same week, and it was about 500 times better quality food.

Ohana dinner, we still love and go to every trip. The food, drinks, atmosphere and entertainment all add up to a wonderful experience every time.

Akershus. We've done it both times we visited. I don't really *need* to go there anymore. The food was great, we are just ready to try something else.

Kona cafe. We went for dinner and the server was reading from a script and the food was mediocre. We also had breakfast and while the server was fine, the food was also mediocre. I've had better at IHOP. The atmosphere being sort of airport lobby-ish didn't help much, either.

Crystal Palace. The food's not bad but it's not better than any other character buffet. Our kids aren't big into WtP characters. We've done it a couple times and time to move on.

Ohana, Chef Mickey’s and CRT.

I’ve dond these plenty of times with the kids. Next trip I’m going with only DD12. She still requests CRT which I’ll do since its her #1 request. But have no desire for the other two. I’ve never had a bad meal at either place but I’m over the chaotic meals.

Kona Cafe (lunch and dinner). It was always such a nice diversion from MK. But we really struggled with our choices on the new menu this summer. We are pretty easy to please with meals, especially at Disney, so this was pretty disappointing.

Columbia Harbour House. Used to be great but the last few times the food has been So-so. The final straw was when we were there last month; the fish was mushy and the shrimp was burned. No thanks!

Chef Mickey's. We had a great experience here in 1997 and spent a further 20 years trying to recreate it. No more.

Other places like Ohana's and Whispering Canyon we have just done too many times and need to take a break.

Boma for us- we still love the place, but I think we love it too much. We've termed the phrase "Boma Coma," because neither of us know when to stop when we eat there and end up leaving the place feeling way too heavy and guilty for what we've eaten. I guess it's akin to the phrase "too much of a good thing." It's gluttony at its finest.

We're doing it again to ourselves on our upcoming trip December 23rd- I think that will be our last hurrah there. Bring on the Boma Coma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter