What to do while the fam is on ROTR?

Pirate1+Princess4

Mouseketeer
I get sick on motion simulators, so will only attempt ROTR if we can get on at end of the night. (I once spent 2+ hours on a bench in the Owlery looking up at painted on owl poop at US after riding HP). We plan to RD ROTR on 3/11 ETPE with my husband and four 19s riding. Will G+ @ 7AM for SDD and take whatever time we get. What should I do while they are in the queue and riding?

Queue with them and enjoy the ambiance? What is the best point in the experience to bail?
Hangout and enjoy peaceful uncrowded GE?
RD SDD or MMRR for myself?
Other suggestions?

TIA!

I always get in line with my family, then take the chicken exit and just wait by the exit. If I don’t line up, I’ll shop, grab a drink and people watch (and I get away from the family for awhile 😉)

A few places in GE to just mobile order a drink and find somewhere to sit and relax. That's what I did when my husband and son did the lightsaber thing.

We have ridden ROTR multiple times but never together - for a good stretch, I was pregnant and now we have to do baby swap. So one of us is killing time! Since we actually can't wait in the queue together, we wander GE (it's never uncrowded, but there are pockets to escape some of the crowds and find a seat).

Honestly, we never have to wait long for each other because we have never ridden standby. Unless it breaks down, I'm not waiting long so I don't go far.

If you can ride MMRR, I'd think you can do ROTR - it's basically the same ride vehicle with a different theme - and the 1 small drop. Nothing like the Harry Potter ride or Gringotts.

My ds and I grabbed a drink and found a place to sit and relax while the rest of the family went on it

I also get sick from simulator attractions. I have found a way to beat it. Meclizine. It actually works. Although the motion sickness is caused by the visual movement, it actually works. But, if you are still unable to ride, go get in line for something else and enjoy an attraction or two.

I get VERY motion sick as well. I do no roller coasters what so ever. I can’t even ride backwards on a bus or in the back seat of a car. I do ride Mission Space green & always get a little quesy at the end. However, ROTR is nothing like that. There is a very small motion simulator right at the beginning, but you are standing & can hold in. It doesn’t last long enough to cause me any issues. The rest of the ride is a moving vehicle with action happening around you. Can you take Dramamine or a similar med? You might be surprised & do OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter