What type of room is easiest to find?

ilovecoasters

DIS Veteran
When checking availability, what type of room is usually easier to get into? DH and I would never need more than a studio. Since these are obviously the lowest points, should I assume that they are the first to go? We just signed yesterday and I'm nervous about being told, nope nothing available.
Were any of you able to call within a week or two of a short one or two night trip and able to get a room without a problem? What time of year has the most availability? I appreciate your responses.

I've heard one bedrooms are the easiest to get.

I was able to book a 1 night stay at a BCV studio about a week before in early February in 2006 (Thursday night). I think that is more of an exception than the norm. I don't think you should buy expecting to be able to do that.

I seem to recall reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember where it was) that the order from easiest to hardest to get is...

1BR, Studio, 2BR, Grand Villa.

If you are looking to get a specific resort a week out - that will be tough. But if it isn't a peak time - you may be able to get a room at SSR or OKW as these resorts have the most rooms. Otherwise - I highly recommend taking advantage of your 11 month and 7 month windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter