What was the first character meal you ever attended?

Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Holly oof and Vine Nov 2014. It was the first night that they began offering the seasonal dining. As much as we read about bad meals there, we loved it. The character interactions, food, and costumes were all wonderful. We even did it again for the Hollywood theme.

I also vaguely remember one at the park formerly known as MGM. I THINK it was at the Soundstage restaurant and it wasn't so much a character meal, as one that just had characters floating around. I think it was a cafeteria at that time, and Goofy was there, playing the piano. Does anyone remember that?

I'm I allowed to say none? Way to expensive to get blah food, most reviews comment the food never is worth the pricing. My husband almost refused to order food at the only sit down I booked. I told him to spend the extra for steak and he got pork and we both thought it was gross. My salad was 5/6 spicy. Barely edible. Server wanted to try again but I didn't want to sit there for another thirty minutes.

Now offsite hotels offer character meals with licensed costumes. I'll book one next trip, hopefully.

I just realized that every character meal I attended on our first two trips no longer exists. Minnie's Menehune, Melvin the Moose, Empress Lily, one whose name I don't even remember at a now-defunct Contemporary restaurant, etc. So what was the first one you ever attended?
Minnie's Menehune was either the first or among the first, I still have a pin they gave me with Minnie in Polynesian garb. I remember a CR restaurant that was a buffet, I don't recall if there were characters. The buffet was in the center of the room and was set up on a kind of pedestal or island, the food was very good.

It has to be The Aladdin Breakfast at Hollywood Studios in the 90's.
We loved it, did every visit for several years.

I think our first character meal was Akershus breakfast. My oldest daughter was 4 and an only child at the time. It was our last park day and we were running late because we did a DVC preview that morning. We made it a few minutes past our time but were still able to get in. I still think about those potatoes. #whyImfat

First and second - Crystal Palace dinner with Pooh and friends. None since then as we aren't big fans of buffets - Boma excepted.

Two weeks after 9/11, we had our first WDW trip. We hadn't made any dining reservations. There were so few people there, the characters were outside of Cape May Cafe begging us to come in. When Minnie asks you to come eat breakfast with her, of course you do! Our kids were 4 and 1.5 at the time. They had lots of interactions with the characters and the food was super yummy! It is a special memory of mine.

Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends. Kids were about 4 & 5 -- they were so excited! One of my favorite memories from WDW

Empress Lilly. I still have the wall pendant with all of the signatures.

I just realized-so do I! I also have the plastic cups they gave our kids for the strawberry breakfast juice (I forget the name) at Minnie Mennehuene's in 1987. Boy, that juice was good!

Our first character meal was Ohana breakfast a few years back and though most of the food is nothing to write home about with the exception of that bread...oooooo that bread my husband and I still dream about. The characters were a blast, my husband loves stitch and takes every chance to see him and mess around. We have been twice now and we always go as early as possible and there’s no one there, we get the greatest character interactions. Unfortunately we feel it’s too overpriced now just for the 2 of us but it’s such a happy memory.

I remember way back, my mom sitting on the phone to get Cinderella Castle breakfast. My DD's were 3 & 5 perfect brunch.

Chef Mickeys, it was our first trip to Disney.. our oldest son was 3 years old..now he is 28... love the memories! Even though the food is not the greatest its still a must to go each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter