What was the first character meal you ever attended?

Winnie the Pooh and Friends at the Crystal Palace in 2009, I did however do one in 1999 in Magic Kingdom on a school trip I was a teenager, I can't remember the name of it though. It was a buffet, I remember Chip & Dale being there. I had really bad sunburn on my shoulders & one of them came to the table & put their hand on my shoulders, kind of jumped on me as I had a t shirt on, I was like Ahhhh, Had to show them my sunburn, was funny!

Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. I had to go for this one since it has my favorite princesses 😇.

If we did any in 1996, I don't remember. I just know I was a really shy kid and was super shy around Mary Poppins. The footage was in the GF lobby so idk.

My first was The Liberty Tavern in 1989, when they had the colonial characters.
I've always wondered if LTT ressies would be so easy to obtain if they still had the characters. A small detail to boost interest, huh?

Also, someone mentioned The Soundstage in MGM. Boy, that was a lost memory. I do remember that Meeko, Aladdin, Jasmine, Hunchback, Esmerelda and others were there. That was different. Did that go away when the Backstage tour of The Golden Girls House disappeared? Perhaps when they switched over to Hollywood Studios. There's probably some copyright laws or something. That was a great ride though where the whole tank blows up in flames, and the tank spills water all over it!!!!

Fast Forward to today. My absolute, hands-down favorite is Cape May.

Ours was in 2011 when our kids were 3 and 1. It was Donald Duck's Safari Breakfast. The first scheduling was actually CRT but I was able to get TH and since Donald was always my favorite and I never really got to meat him, we changed plans around a little bit and that ended up being the very first Disney experience for DH and my 2 kids. I still love that the first character they met was Donald Duck - and I finally got my picture with him! Other then DS1 throwing food everywhere and being a little stinker lol it was an amazing time. (The next was CRT which didn't go so well the next day. DD3 had just finished BBB and screamed the whole time about her hair being tight and wanting it down and she didn't want to eat and DS thought it was fun to join in on the tantrums - poor Ariel didn't even want to come to our table! we walked out after hardly eating anything and me almost in tears and DH complaining about the money spent lol. Thankfully got DD's hair down after and then the rest of the day went great except being stuck in the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe during a thunderstorm but that's a whole other story lol). Oh the memories :)

Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. My oldest was crazy obsessed with Pooh back around 2005.

My first childhood trip was in 1984 and I’m not sure if we had a character meal or not. For the next trip I remember Crystal Palace and how it was so fancy!

1981- at what was then the Golf Resort (now shades of Green). I was 1. I obviously don’t recall it, but there is a fabulous picture of Pluto and me that is still hanging in my childhood bedroom. I would love to know the name of the restaurant if anyone remembers??

1995 Cinderella's Royal Table(not sure that was the name, we always called it Cinderella's Castle).

I was in the 4th grade and my brother was in the 1st. We both still remember it.

Last edited:
When I was a LOT younger in the 70's, we had a meal with Mickey and Goofy inside CR, before Chef Mickey was there. I do not remember what the restaurant was called.

When I was a LOT younger in the 70's, we had a meal with Mickey and Goofy inside CR, before Chef Mickey was there. I do not remember what the restaurant was called.

Was that called the Concourse Grill? Was it a buffet? If so, I think we also ate there in 1987. We thought it was so cool that the monorail went almost right overhead.

Was that called the Concourse Grill? Was it a buffet? If so, I think we also ate there in 1987. We thought it was so cool that the monorail went almost right overhead.
I did some searching and it was at the Coconino Cove back in '77' ugh i'm old.

CRT in 2004. DD’s were so excited and I think I was beyond excited!!

Chef Mickey's 2010 or 2011. 7am ADR so we got see meet all the characters and joined in the napkin waving before 8am. Then strolled to MK for EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter