What was your first resort?

First trip we stayed at a borrowed timeshare condo offsite. My first time onsite was in high school at All Star Music--it was alright but I'm not a huge fan. I've done single nights at All Star Movies since then for various reasons but haven't really been back to ASMu.

My favorite right now is Art of Animation. I stayed in a Little Mermaid room on my solo trip at the start of this year and really liked it. If money were no object I might even consider a family suite there over booking a higher category resort--love the Skyliner, love the atmosphere.

I stayed at All Star Sports. Was a great way to to go to Disney World for the first time. Although crowded it was fun and everyone seemed to be so happy and enjoying themselves. Since then have joined DVC at Animal Kingdom and Old Key West! That trip made me want to be part of Disney World forever :)

My first I THINK was Fort Wilderness campground. I was 3.5 my grandparents took myself and my 2 cousins ages 6 and 3. We were in a camper. My sister and I went in 1994 and we stayed off site the "free shuttle" did not run regularly and we ended up parking at the parks. My first trip on sight was when I was in college with my friend and we stayed at CBR. We returned when my daughter was 1. We have stayed at a wide variety of levels. This time we are trying Art of Animation. With my son being on the spectrum, not being reliant upon an outside bus service is key.

When we go to Disneyland, we stay offsite because it is a 10 minute walk to the park either way and it is cheaper to stay off site.

Animal Kingdom Lodge. We haven't been back to a Deluxe since. The prices have skyrocketed since 2009, and now we have 4 kids.
I'm hopeful that I'll be able to convince DH to stay at a Deluxe for a 15th anniversary trip.
Our next family trip may end up being at SoG, if we don't decide to venture off-property altogether.

First trip was Yacht Club. Loved it. Haven't stayed there since though. We bought into DVC shortly after that trip, so that is why we haven't stayed there since. :)

Polynesian, post Thanksgiving, 1999

Booked a standard room, about $180 then, about $700 now. Before we arrived, we were upgraded to Theme Park view, about $1,000 today. At arrival, we were further upgraded to Theme Park View, Club level, about $1,300 today. A real glorious first experience.

Contemporary Resort, and they upgraded our standard room to a theme-park-view concierge level room. They really knew what they were doing, because they hooked us with that move right there...years later we've racked up a dozen+ resort stays despite living 40 minutes from the parks. :rotfl2:

1st onsite POP with 2 adults/2 kids 10 years ago. Moved to moderates due to wanting more space. However, stayed again at POP last Dec and loved the space now that there are just 2 of us in the room, especially with the remodel. We don't go that often, the resort to us is just basically a place to sleep and we don't like spending a fortune on a room, so POP and the Skyliner access are perfect. Glad we went back to POP and will definitely stay there again.

Our first stay was at Dixie Landings Resort (Port Orleans Riverside) all the way back to 1996. We are now DVC members and haven't stayed there in years.

Poly! It was amazing, of course. I miss that military discount :(
I just can't justify the price of a deluxe without it. Especially not when the other resorts are so nice.

All Star Sports with our 5 year old daughter (she's 18 now). We had the best time but man those beds were SMALL back then.

POR- Easter week 2005. Was lovely. Had dining plan too for 1st time. That trip made us fall in love so much that we bought DVC.

Poly back in the mid-90's for our first trip - now my parents own DVC there!

Port Orleans French Quarter in May 1993. It was the first time I took my spouse to WDW. We had been married for only 7 months. She had never been and really wanted to go.

They still were doing animation at Disney-MGM Studios at that time. We still have this souvenir hanging on the wall as a reminder of that trip.

Mickey-resized.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter