What was your first resort?

My first Disney property stay was port orleans riverside, Im a florida kid, and have always lived about 90 min away, so I had taken many day trips, but staying over with a friend, when I was like 19? Total game changer, been doing it ever since.

My first resort stay was at Caribbean Beach Resort in 1991. My first stay on Disney properly was camping at Fort Wilderness in the mid-80’s. I have very fond memories of that trip!

First on property was the Swan in 1991. First Disney-owned resort would have been Dixie Landings.

Ours was the Wilderness Lodge for our Honeymoon back in 1998. We both had gone before as kids with our parents but never stayed on property for those trips. We absolutely love the WL but have never had the opportunity to get back. We have stayed at every moderate, one All Star Sports and many trips to POP.

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

Our first on site was Coronada Springs too. We liked it but haven't been back to CS since. We stay at the POR POFQ resorts.

First was AKL in 2005. It was just DH and DS at the time. Neither of them knew, they thought we were staying at POP, so it was a surprise for them. Nice resort, nice theming, but I remember a long walk to our room. Plus we were at the parks so much we never really got to enjoy it.

Haven't been back to AKL. I look back and wonder how we afforded it back then (probably because prices weren't so outrageous, lol). We make at least 3 times what we did back then, and still don't think I would pay the prices to go back.

OKW and ended up buying into DVC many years ago. A lot has changed since then and its kinda sad to see. First 15 years of DVC were great.

Polynesian, but in the '70s there were only two choices (and the campground).

Poly, CR, Poly, Poly, CBR, Poly, ...years and years on the West Coast at DL ... POR, YC, and this summer, Poly (for first time since '93).

In the 80s. Contemporary as a little kid. Then GF. Then Poly. Then my folks bought into DVC from the jump; I remmeber being little & touring the original DVC construction site at OKW with hard hats on. It was awesome. Then OKW loyal 20+ times since then with a few random trips to other resorts sprinkled in between.

1st onsite stay was at Caribbean beach, 2006. Many stays there afterward and have always loved each time we stayed. Have stayed across all levels value, mods, deluxe and villas and really love them all so far!

All star movies.

Yes I would stay there again.. we were forced to stay at pop during the pandemic and We loved the skyliner.. it was really nice.
They are the same rooms same building layout as pop but save $20+ a night

POFQ 2012. First visit ever to WDW. Loved it! Stayed there a couple of more times and then we stayed at AKL-we started staying at AKL every trip except before our DCL cruise and we stayed at the YC but went back to AKL after only one night at YC-we missed home :)

2-3 trips each year since 2012 and we bought into DVC in 2019-of course AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter