what weeks do kids have spring break in april?-what weeks are busy?

Seeing that Easter is the 16th this upcoming year.................I know my son has that week (April 14th thru April 23) off. I was thinking about going that week. How crazy is Easter week around Disney?

We went at Easter in 2002. It was mobbed. Very busy. The parks will be overflowing. Get to the parks early and take advantage of early openings. If you want to see a parade get your seat at least two hours before it starts. I don't like it that busy but thats when the kids are out of school. Aside from taking them out two weeks before or after easter it will be crowded. :crowded:

For our school district, spring break is the last week of March, and WDW will be crowded then too.. Last time we went to WDW for Spring Break, there was a steady line of cars driving all the way to WDW from Chicago and they all went to WDW with us.:badpc:

In most of Northeast OHIO it looks like the kids are off the 3rd week of March.
Good Luck!

Spring breaks vary so much across the country that I think March and April are going to be more crowded than other months, but the week of Easter will be the worst.

My nephew has the first of April off.

he is a teenager so he doesn't enjoy WDW. He is going to PCB for spring break next year.

Check out this link: http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

Looks like the "experts" think the spring peaks this year will be late March, rather than right at Easter (although that's busy too). I think this is driven largely by their data on school breaks.

HTH!
Leslie

Just FYI - The school systems around us seem to all be out the first week of April this year (Fayette Co., GA - southside of Atlanta)

the best way to tell is Disney itself.

If they are expecting more people than they had originally planned - they increase the park hours.

if the less - they decrease the park hours.

only seem one decrease (march, 2002) - several increases.

so always check the dis hours before you leave.

if they got reduced - hey you are a good planner.

if they got increased - hey you were going to Florida anyway and it is a great time to spend time exploring the resorts and enjoying the swimming pools!!!

this last change is about 2 or 3 weeks before you leave. I think someone says that Disney actually calls all the hotels in the area and asked about their capacity during that week. Now considering there are several hundred hotels in the area - I don't know about this.

We went Easter week this past year (end of March). We woke early and did the parks like the books tell you, and I thought it was fine. We had great weather, too! Then we went for two weeks (last week in June through July 8) and I thought the crowds were much worse and the heat made walking unbearable. My family agreed that we would do Easter week again before we would do summer again. I would plan for us to go again in April 2006 during Easter week, but we've decided to try HH instead.

We did go Easter week another year without a good plan (I don't know what I was thinking) and I said I would never do it again. But, we did! I also now say I won't go in the summer again, but I know we will!

Oops. Sorry to ramble. My kids have off the week before Easter in 2006 and the Monday after.

This year is one of the calendar years where Easter (4/16) and Passover (begins 4/12) occur in the same week. This usually results in many districts in the northeast to have coinciding spring breaks. For example I live and my son attends Fairfax Couny, VA schools where spring break is the week before Easter; I work in Montgomery County, MD where spring break is generally the week after Easter but this year it's the week before. We go every spring break (Fairfax) and have reservations for this year at SSR and expect the crowds to be a bit thicker as we've experienced in the past when breaks coincide.

Breaks are scheduled for 4/10/05 - 4/17/05

That's the week AFTER the week after easter. I've heard that's a good week to go, since that week off is fairly unusual, therefore the crowds are lighter than the weeks surrounding easter. I have not tried it, though. I usually try to avoid the crowds at all costs, so we usually go in the fall, when attendance is really light.

Here in PA, our school district has off April 10th- 17th. Everyone's spring breaks are going to be different, but Disney has upped points for the week of the 10th and the week of the 17th since they fall a week before and after a holiday.

Our Ohio parochial school has the week of April 10 off. We have been to WDW Easter weeks in the past. I echo what others are saying-the weather is great but the parks are horribly crowded. The buses are jammed. The only tolerable approach is to arrive before the parks open, stay a few hours, return to the hotel for a swim and nap, then back to the parks, realizing they will be crammed. Patience is the key.

we're out the first week of april ( it is always the same as Masters week, so guess where we live!) So we are heading to WDW that week! Missy :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter