What would you have done.....

It’s up to management to address the issue or it’s up to you to leave.

You trying to intervene may have ended up with the results you were seeking or it could have ended up very badly. It would’t be worth it if it were up to me.

Maybe I can't, but the people in charge can. Behave appropriately or leave. That's part of being an adult.

ok, you titled this thread, “What would you have done.” Why did you ask for opinions if you feel the need to come back at people who would have handled it differently?

As to the question...I haven’t been in a restaurant in months but in non Covid days, I’d have ignored them.

Indoor seating is a thing in Florida as well, but I would never sit inside a restaurant during the peak of the pandemic. A large number of people who get COVID report having eaten inside a restaurant in the previous two weeks.

Thankfully our weather in Florida allows for outside seating, as is the case for Texas most days.

Everyone makes different decisions. The restaurant didn't have outdoor seating anyway. I watched anxiety, depression, and fear of leaving the house result in the death of my oldest brother. I'm doing my best to keep depression from claiming the other. And yes, he is in grief therapy, but virtual therapy doesn't seem to be helping much.

ok, you titled this thread, “What would you have done.” Why did you ask for opinions if you feel the need to come back at people who would have handled it differently?

As to the question...I haven’t been in a restaurant in months but in non Covid days, I’d have ignored them.

Different people have different opinions. I get that. I don't mind different opinions. What I do mind is people implying that I did something wrong. I find as I get older, I have less patience with people who think they can do what they want, no matter how obnoxious, and others should suck it up. But I understand others are more able to let it roll off their backs. No one is wrong, but saying that I "not their parent" as a PP did, implies that I should have put up with it.

Last edited:
Indoor seating is a thing in Florida as well, but I would never sit inside a restaurant during the peak of the pandemic. A large number of people who get COVID report having eaten inside a restaurant in the previous two weeks.

Thankfully our weather in Florida allows for outside seating, as is the case for Texas most days.

I understand and respect your opinion.

I also have no objection to OP going to indoor seating. If your state allows it, then you have the right to go. It’s a personal choice.

If you don’t want to, that’s cool. But I’m not shaming anyone for going either.

Where do you live that restaurants are open for inside seating?
I mean who cares though :)

If this questioned was asked last year the discussion would still be there, it's probably already been asked before here somewhere in the past about loud, rude, obnoxious, cursing people so why is there a focus (not just you though) on actually being at the restaurant.

I know your state allowed indoor dining before recently enough (even if they backtrack they still had it allowed) so it shouldn't even be a question to ask.

You're paying the restaurant for your meal and in return they should provide a suitable environment.

I would have asked management to fix the situation. If they can't or won't, get up and leave, tell management you won't be paying for what was a completely unsatisfactory experience, then write whatever company owns the restaurant and tell them what happened and why you'll never be going back and why you'll be telling everyone you know not to eat there. (But tip the waitperson because it wasn't their fault)

If you're a paying customer, you deserve to get what you're paying for. You shouldn't have to put up with something like that just because the management doesn't want to offend people. I'm sure you weren't the only ones there who were upset.

If they were as loud as you say they were, for as long as you say I would have expected management to have already been aware of the issue. If they chose not to rectify it on there own, I would have asked for my check and left, letting the waitress or hostess know why. I then probably would not give said restaurant my business anymore.

I agree with this! I can't imagine being in a restaurant, a family restaurant at that, where the staff didn't take care of the problem before the OP and "several" other tables complained! Thats ridiculous! I would be finding a new place to eat fo rnext time!

If this questioned was asked last year the discussion would still be there, it's probably already been asked before here somewhere in the past about loud, rude, obnoxious, cursing people so why is there a focus (not just you though) on actually being at the restaurant.

I know your state allowed indoor dining before recently enough (even if they backtrack they still had it allowed) so it shouldn't even be a question to ask.

To be fair though, this is a discussion board and we are in the middle of a life changing pandemic that is breaking records daily. I don't see the issue with asking what state is allowing indoor dining. I looked at the question, like the poster was curious.

I live in a state that still allows indoor dining, so if someone mentioned in a post that their state didnt allow it, I might be curious enough to ask where they were located.

Also, this being a discussion board and all, the majority of posts often go off topic a bit. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic, where it is preached daily that being indoors without a mask on is dangerous. So, to me, it only makes sense that posters are going to comment on that too!

To be fair though, this is a discussion board and we are in the middle of a life changing pandemic that is breaking records daily. I don't see the issue with asking what state is allowing indoor dining. I looked at the question, like the poster was curious.

I live in a state that still allows indoor dining, so if someone mentioned in a post that their state didnt allow it, I might be curious enough to ask where they were located.

Also, this being a discussion board and all, the majority of posts often go off topic a bit. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic, where it is preached daily that being indoors without a mask on is dangerous. So, to me, it only makes sense that posters are going to comment on that too!
tvguy lives in CA, they allowed indoor dining before in October if I remember correctly, he even said it himself.

Of course discussions occur . If you were at an outdoor eatery well distanced apart the question would still be would you say something or not. I think people (as more than one spoke up) just didn't want this to become yet another moral covid thread; it's distracting when we have a million other ones to go have the talk on ( I'm contributing to that :o so I'm going to stop now).

Who cares? People who don't want to risk getting sick. Folks, we have to get serious about this pandemic.
Restaurants here have either been either closed to indoor dining, or been limited to 25% dining here basically since March. We favor small mom and pop eateries, I think one has 10 tables so at most they could have 2 tables, another has 6, so that is like one table. We have patronized restaurants for take out the entire time. But we did walk away from Panda Express last night because there were way way way too many people in line. But we did notice they all had masks.

Who cares? People who don't want to risk getting sick. Folks, we have to get serious about this pandemic.
Restaurants here have either been either closed to indoor dining, or been limited to 25% dining here basically since March. We favor small mom and pop eateries, I think one has 10 tables so at most they could have 2 tables, another has 6, so that is like one table. We have patronized restaurants for take out the entire time. But we did walk away from Panda Express last night because there were way way way too many people in line. But we did notice they all had masks.
It makes no sense to ask what places allow indoor seating when even your own state did. It comes off like you're ready to go into a "I haven't eaten out in this many months" thing. If you weren't then I'm sorry but with your getting serious about this pandemic comment I don't think I was too far off base.

For who cares part see below

I think people (as more than one spoke up) just didn't want this to become yet another moral covid thread; it's distracting when we have a million other ones to go have the talk on ( I'm contributing to that :o so I'm going to stop now).

I don't want this thread to get so off base so please understand if I don't respond :)

It makes no sense to ask what places allow indoor seating when even your own state did. It comes off like you're ready to go into a "I haven't eaten out in this many months" thing. If you weren't then I'm sorry but with your getting serious about this pandemic comment I don't think I was too far off base.

For who cares part see below

I don't want this thread to get so off base so please understand if I don't respond :)
Just amazing to me the different rules across the nation. I was just curious.
As for being off base, these are called "threads" because the zig and zag, the replies drive them, not the original post.

As for being off base, these are called "threads" because the zig and zag, the replies drive them, not the original post.
Our restaurants are mostly open in MA. The seating is roped off, though, to every other table, and in most they’ve put up partitions between booths. You keep your mask on until you get to the table, or if you have to use the rest room, and when you leave. Waitstaff and hostesses wear masks continually. I keep plenty of wipes and sanitizer on hand, and hand it out before eating and when done. I’ve also observed that most appear super-clean and freshly sanitized, probably more-so than pre-Covid.

No indoor dining in WA. Take-out and outdoor dining only.

Nothing. You can’t stop people from being loud or using bad language out in public. You are not their parent.

This is the attitude that has society deteriorating. If society does not police itself, then there is nothing stopping people from doing whatever they want. If people behaved in a respectful manner, then they wouldn't need to have someone tell them to. Doing nothing is the same thing as condoning it.

Language wouldn't have bothered me. How loud it was might have.

I have spoken to a manager about another table of adults being stupid loud. I have also spoken to a manager when a table with kids is being stupid loud. Neither should be allowed to happen.

Right. Ok. That’s what taking us all down. Minding our own business is why society is in the crapper. You can’t tell everyone how to live. And no one is perfect so get off your freaking high horse over this nonsense. She asked a wwyd and got a few differing opinions and is now pissy that not everyone is standing and clapping over her actions. It’s all bull sh it.

Nobody said anything about "telling everyone how to live". IDK if you are being deliberately obtuse or you just don't get what I am saying. We have societal rules for a reason, because we live in a SOCIETY where there are other people. Those who do things to disrupt others should be policed and expected to behave. It is common, basic courtesy. Why have rules and laws at all by your way of thinking? Let everyone just do whatever the heck they want to right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter