• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats been happening with VGC points?

They allowed Downtown Disney to open sp obviously its not a health crisis or safety issue. Im not sure the contract covers arbitrary closures to protect the bottom line of the company.

It does not but Downtown Disney is run by a different part of the company than who makes the decisions to keep DVC closed.

That is why is I said you have the specific reasons from DVCM as to why it remains closed and how it meets the legal standard for doing so.

Unless someone has that information that proves they are in violation for keeping it closed...and again, DVC owners have no say in them opening or providing CMs to run any aspect of the hotel...DVCM must believe they are within the terms of the contract to be closed for a valid reason,

And, as I shared, the contract addresses the remedy that can be provided for owners when this happens,

I agree from what I have followed in CA, it does appear they could get it open, but if running VGC relies on Disney deciding to operate aspects of its property, then it’s not clear.

Personally, if I was a VGC owner I would be pushing it and sending letters to DVCM and the legal department demanding clear answers as to why.

It sounds like the answer is if you don’t want to (or can’t) use your points on the East coast then you need to transfer to RCI. Maybe, hopefully, we get a dues refund. And that’s just it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter