What's good at Akershus dinner?

People like the meatballs. They’re similar to Swedish meatballs. I’m not a Scandinavian food expert so I couldn’t tell you if there are any subtle differences. They’re also sold at the bakery across from the restaurant.

I’ve had the braised beef and I thought it was delicious however the two other members of my party that ordered it did not like it. Their main complaints were the texture and the sauce. I think they were just not used to what braising did to the meat. I go mainly for the appetizer buffet. This used to be a once a trip restaurant for me until it became character dining.

I really like the meatballs, I thought they were delicious. My husband really enjoyed the appetizer buffet (I can't eat fish so didn't try it) and his meal. Akershus is pretty much the only character meal we like to do anymore since the interaction and food are both great.

It sounds like the meatballs are like the ones served at the IKEA food court. They are yummy, for a food court at a furniture store, but nothing fancy. Is this about correct?

Last edited:

We went tonight and it was awesome! Buffet was amazing-especially the smoked salmon and the asparagus.

I ended up with the braised pork shank and it may have been one of the best entrees I've ever had!

Oh man I didn’t know they were changing the menu! We eat there next Wednesday. I’ll have to take a look. Did the braised pork have mushrooms?

Oh man I didn’t know they were changing the menu! We eat there next Wednesday. I’ll have to take a look. Did the braised pork have mushrooms?

I don't recall mushrooms on it, but it was a ginormous portion & it was so good-one of the best meals I've had at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter