What's up with Carnation Cafe Reservations?

ironband74

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what's going on with Carnation Cafe Reservations? Tomorrow is my T-minus 60 so I'll be on early to make my dining reservations. I've been doing dry runs this week and have not seen any reservations open up at 6am Pacific. There are a few reports of folks getting reservations in early April, but I've not seen anything drop all week.

Are they really just getting snapped up so fast that at 06:01:01 they're all gone? Are they not releasing them until a later date? Anyone have any intel?

The uncertainty is messing with my planning gene...

I believe they're only open for breakfast and lunch so the reservations get gobbled up quickly. I swore I saw some 9am spots this morning for 4/18 when I was checking a little after 8am CST.

I was trying for early April at the 60 day mark and every day thereafter and was never able to grab a spot. They must get snapped up really fast!

Well, this morning was a non starter with lunch hours not even posted:

And now looking at all the dates, only breakfast hours are posted...is lunch going away? I need my potato soup!!! (first world problems...)

Well, I called and spoke to a cast member...they can see the hours for lunch, but can not see any reservations. The individual told me that I should keep checking back, and that failing all else I can put my name on a waitlist the day we are there. However I made a backup reservation for River Belle which I would have to cancel the night before, so...I'm in a fried pickle. We'll just have to roll with it and see what happens. I signed up for an alert with MD, we'll see if it triggers at some point.

Anyone else get a reservation for April 19 today?

I’ve been wondering about Carnation Cafe too. I’ve been trying every morning at 6:00 am since April 3rd and haven’t seen any reservations available.

How did you call to talk to a CM about dining reservations? The previous 714-781-DINE line is no longer in service.
disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/help/phone/

I called the number under Dining Reservations. I went through a number of menus as this appears to be a general customer service number and is not dedicated to dining for sure, but I was able to finally speak to someone.

Would they take reservations over the phone? Or did they say you had to do it online? I have two large groups (7 + 8) and always in the past I would call Disney Dine to make reservations because it is very hard to find slots even in old times for parties over 6.

Would they take reservations over the phone? Or did they say you had to do it online? I have two large groups (7 + 8) and always in the past I would call Disney Dine to make reservations because it is very hard to find slots even in old times for parties over 6.
They did not offer me a reservation - the CM said that he couldn't "see any reservations" and mentioned that they could become available anywhere from 1 to 60 days. I suspect that if the CM was able to make a reservation he would have offered considering my plight...But to be fair, I didn't specifically ask if they could make a reservation for me.

The reservations did not drop like they have in the past. I’ve never had an issue grabbing a reservation in the past when online when reservations drop. This last time, they did not drop for any slots.

Looks like they finally dropped reservations for CC. I was able to grab them this morning for our April 3rd trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter