Whats you and your families top 3 Disney rides?

Melbourne5

DIS Veteran
Hi all

After some interesting items that came up in the thread about your favorite disney souvenir i thought I might again put out the question....

What's your families top 3 rides at Disney and why?

I tried and came up with a short list of 10 so it's not as easy as it seems.

For the Melbourne 5

3. Matterhorn - our first ever Disney ride back in 2009 and steeped in Disney history. I understand it's coming out of a 4mth refit soon.:yay:

2. Everest expedition - a tough one given all the magic at wdw but our favorite ride at WDW . All of us got to go on including DS3. The theming and the ride itself is great:banana:

1. Splash mountain - an oldy but a goody. Despite being stuck on it for over an hour at the MNSSHP in WDW in 2010 it's been voted no1 by the melb 5. Why? It's wet, scary drop and lots of music and scenery. We all reckon it's also the ride we have done the most in our 3 trips across WDW and DLR.:cheer2:

I await this esteemed groups top 3popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Just 3? From all the Disney parks?? :scared1: That's crazy talk...

OK, I'll give it a go, but there's a good chance I'm going to change my mind several times after posting...

1. California Screamin' - It's just so much fun. I get tingles when I watch it on YouTube - the voice at the start does it every time!

2. Indiana Jones - My family and I went on this ride back when it first opened. It was the first time we'd been on a ride where it seemed like they'd put just as much if not more effort into the queue.

3. Buzz Lightyear/ Toy Story Mania - It's a toss up between the 2, I'm very competitive, so naturally this is so much fun to challenge someone. I've only ridden TSM once, so it is probably better the Buzz, but I think I need to ride it a few more times to say for sure :rolleyes1

Toy Story Mania

Tea Cups (DS's favourite, he loves trying to make me sick from spinning :rotfl2:)

Soarin

I have to say it was hard choosing three!

That's very difficult for a family of 6.....

Unanimous #1is California Screamin'
#2is probably Indiana Jones
#3 is Test Track and Tower of Terror

Special shout out to Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean :):cheer2:

Cheers,
Sally :)

There are some rides that 3 of us like, but the youngest is not so keen on!.

So here are 3 that the family enjoy together:
1.Big Thunder Mountain
2.Soarin
3.Haunted Mansion

(pssssss, 3 of us really love California Screamin & TOT as well)

Hmm, this is hard to narrow down!

1) The perennial favourite of cute, calm rides for us is Peter Pan :lovestruc

2) Certainly our favourite family thrill ride is Test Track :banana: Really wish this was at DL or DCA as, in reality, thats all I have hope of getting back to one day.

3) Several ties: Haunted Mansion, Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates of the Caribbean at DL, Expedition Everest (however, although I love the theming on it, I don't enjoy the ride because sadly it makes my neck uncomfortable - the rest of the family rode it heaps though)

Gosh, my list could go on and on.....

Oh what a lovely memory thread :grouphug:

here's mine

3.Living in the land or tommowland transit authority for a bit of snuggle wuggle time :hug:
2.Soarin
1................SPACE MOUNTAIN BABY!!!!!:woohoo:

worst 3 of all parks at WDW
3.Peter pan...oh dear
2.snow white..scares me
1.Gran fiesta tour boat of doom thing :eek::eek::eek::eek:

did i mention i have the flu :sick:

We are the fraidy family so our ride favourites will probably more tame than most :rotfl::-

1. Indiana Jones
2. BuzzLightyear/TSM
3. BMTRR

Note:- cuteness ride Peter Pan/Dumbo/Teacups are all my faves.

I will ask my family later going to be fun getting them to agree on 3 :rotfl2:

Mine would be
Tea cups
Dumbo
Buzzlightyear/TSM

Should i admit that i :sad1: riding Dumbo and the tea cups for the first time as it was my childhood dream and DH's to do it and to be able to take our kids was:cloud9:

rofl I said s n i g g e r, not that other naughty word!!! :lmao:

:rotfl:

and we all know that "snuggle wuggle time" is just as G rated as Disney is...............

Indiana Jones
Buzz Lightyear
and our absolute fav is Space Mountain!!

Indiana Jones
Buzz Lightyear
and our absolute fav is Space Mountain!!

Totally with you re space mountain :thumbsup2

although i have to confess I still haven't seen Indiana Jones show....this year def.

Mickey's Philharmagic, that's a ride isn't it!

Haunted Mansion.

Splash Mountain.

Can I add the rest, how do you stop at three!

we were totally fraidy cats on our first trip, so we barely rode any rides...

our favourites...

the teacups
star tours - omg, so much goodness!!
the main street vehicles

this trip we plan on hitting every ride in the park -- every single one of them and we'll do a thorough review...

And the trip review will only be after your 6 months of compulsory confined bed rest in a nice sanatorium with pretty flowers and unchirpy birdies....

are you crazy...every ride????And then a report on every ride....

ooooooooh, i really want to see how this pans out (where's my damn stirring smillie thingy...)

there it is:stir::stir::stir:

I'm not a thrill junkie at all.
My favourites were TSM, Test Track and BTMR.
DP would be California Screamin', Space Mountain and TSM
DS (5) would be Peter Pan, TSM and Roger Rabbit in Disneyland.
DD (4) is the carousel, teacups and the Barnstormer in Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter