What's your best kept Disney secrets?

Most of my secrets are food-related. You can get a side of chicken fried rice at the Yak & Yeti counter service for only $3.99. It's a large takeout container and the portions are so huge I can't even finish them. Last time I ordered it there were people at other tables who had ordered meals staring at us trying to figure out what we had ordered!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card game! My sons absolutely love this game and it's FREE. Even if you don't play the game, the cards are beautiful souvenirs and everyone with a ticket can get a free pack in MK. Each day you go back you can get another pack, as long as you play at least one portal of the game. It's interactive, takes you through several of the lands in MK, and just a lot of fun!

How about the little things like hearing the music school down off Main Street, the key under the mat at Muppets, and the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella at HS?

Transportation cards--again a freebie and great souvenir. You can ask the drivers of any boat, monorail or bus. Some have them, some don't. But it doesn't hurt to ask!

I've always wanted to play this, but we run out of time. A couple of years ago we picked up the cards at MNSSHP. Could we use those when we go in July, or do cards "expire"? Do all of the cards have the same functions, or do all the cards do specific things?

I've always liked to let people know they can walk from the Studios to EPCOT faster than waiting and taking a bus. It's really only about a 25 minute walk to get to the Boardwalk from the Studios. I always take this path unless it's raining or just stupid hot.

This is great to know! I hadn't thought of it. My daughter and I just became AP holders :banana: and I had the crazy idea of one day doing all four parks in a day. I was thinking that transportation between them might take too much time, but this idea might be a way to make it work (well, maybe three parks . . .).

I've always wanted to play this, but we run out of time. A couple of years ago we picked up the cards at MNSSHP. Could we use those when we go in July, or do cards "expire"? Do all of the cards have the same functions, or do all the cards do specific things?

Yes, you can definitely use the party cards to play! You'll need to go to the firehouse or kiosk in Liberty Square to get a "key" card, I believe. That's where info is stored about your progress in the game. And the cards bring up different "spells" at the portals. So the little video you see will be different with each character's card. Honestly, my sons could explain the whole thing better than I could! I just think the cards themselves are really cool and a great keepsake. I've also seen people now having the characters autograph the cards, which I think is a great idea!

This is great to know! I hadn't thought of it. My daughter and I just became AP holders :banana: and I had the crazy idea of one day doing all four parks in a day. I was thinking that transportation between them might take too much time, but this idea might be a way to make it work (well, maybe three parks . . .).

I've hit all four parks in one day before several times. Now I am not saying I rode every "big ticket" ride at each park. But I did ride what I wanted to in all four parks in one day. It can be done with good FP's, right FP's (timing wise) and starting time for the day.

Started at Magic, then to AK, then to Studios then finished at EPCOT (with Illuminations)

Rope dropped Magic. Hit all the mountains and the Haunted Mansion

Bus to AK and did single rider on Everest and did Dinosaur then the Safari

Bus to the Studios and had FP's to RnR, ToT and Star Tours (all within three hours ... Good FP timing there was the MUST)

Bus to EPCOT and did Mission:Space (nearly walk on) Single rider Test Track and did Spaceship Earth before Illuminations

In Adventureland, you can get Treasure Maps and search for pirate treasure. My DS age 4 loved it! He's too young for Sorcerers, but we had to follow my 10 yo DD all over MK for the Sorcerers game. When we found Pirate's Adventure, he was hooked! He wants to go back with HIS treasure maps!

The Oleszewski pokitpal boxes
I have 6 of them (magic kingdom, cinderella, aurora, belle, tinkerbell, Snow white). They are tiny and easy to place in your luggage :rolleyes1

You can find them at Uptown jewelers and art of Disney at Epcot

400007949201-1.jpg

If going to MK for the afternoon parade. Arrive early and you can go up top to train station. They have a few rocking chairs there you can sit in and have a great vantage point for the parade.

Also, if you've never eaten at Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney, you don't know what you're missing. They are reasonably priced, and they have some of the greatest sandwiches, wraps and salads in this world. Also, they give a discount to AAA members, something to keep in mind.

I live in Boston and we have one on the common (so it's never seemed like a big deal to me, personally.) But the AAA discount is intriguing. I wonder if they do it up here.

Great to know about 4 parks in one day though DrivenByDisney. I'm planning a 4 in 1 day too - we're doing AK - HS - EP - MK.

Also, the path to the Boardwalk from HS is doable in about 10 minutes if you run. I had the unfortunate experience of doing that last year on my first day (my friend and I needed to see the Belmont and the ESPN lounge was apparently the only place with a TV!) It was a HOT day in June with no breeze and the host at the ESPN probably thought we were going to die from heat exhaustion so he let us in to the bar to cool off.

Another tip I like is the best spot to watch Illuminations from (for me). If you are looking at the Rose & Crown in the United Kingdom ... There is patio seating to the left of the restaurant/pub. Many people do not sit over there as they think it is a part of the Rose & Crown, but it's not.

We always watch Illuminations from this spot as it is pretty much gives you an unobstructed view of the entire show, front & center. There are few chairs available (probably around 30 or so) and the tables are fixed to the ground so you do have to get there early to garner a spot. However, we typically grab some fish & chips from the Yorkshire County Chip Shop (out door vendor at Rose & Crown) a few pints and enjoy the best view of Illuminations.

Great tips! I just got approval to plan our next trip (yay!!!) and joined to study up on what is new since our last visit in 2012!

My favorite tip is to study the maps BEFORE the trip. I never want to be the person who knows what I want to do first but has no idea where to go. Plus it's fun!

Great tips! Looking forward to using some (all??!! :)) during our trip in Sept!!

On my last trip I stayed at Caribbean Beach in the pirate rooms. If you follow the path through the pirate buildings and past the pool there will be a beach with hammocks. If you visit this spot during the night you will see Illuminations and you can hear the music too! There are beaches all over the resort- I am sure you can see the fireworks from many spots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter