When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

Oh wow I WAS way off, minus Santa Fe, which he did sing really well. I'm a total fansie so any song from that show I LOVE. I'm just sad he didn't go full NYC accent on it. It felt too posh and enunciated for a Jack Kelly song but he still sang it incredibly (just not as good as Jeremy Jordan).

My jealousy just increases so much every time you post more about who you got to see and MEET in the Broadway Concert Series and this is no different. While I do believe Laura Michelle Kelly (originated the role on the West End with Gavin Lee BEFORE Broadway and won an Olivier for it then joined the Broadway cast later on (she's done other things too but I'll hold my tongue on that hehe)) and Julie Andrews were better Mary Poppins than Ashley, she's still fabulous, never knew she played Belle too that's a news to me, and Josh just SLAYS me with the Tarzan OBC recording every time I listen.

I love the choices in songs that they did, but I'm SCREAMING over the fact that they did Aida because I LOVE that score (Elton John wrote it not long after The Lion King was on Broadway and the original Nala, Heather Headley, played Aida and won a Tony for her performance) and My Strongest Suit is probably my favorite song. Sherie Rene Scott sang it originally and she is a powerhouse vocalist who is known for taking on big belty pop-influenced numbers and Josh sang it fantastically. You can tell his vocals have really strengthened since Tarzan. WOW.

That's interesting you say not to get the Dining Package for the Broadway concert series since I know it is SUPER helpful for the Eat to the Beat concert series. I'm glad at that but I wish Broadway would be just as popular as has-been acts (all tea, no shade).

I can see the joy on your face in those pics from enjoying this series of shows! How exciting to be able to meet and have a chance to talk with the performers again following the show.

Oh wow I WAS way off, minus Santa Fe, which he did sing really well. I'm a total fansie so any song from that show I LOVE. I'm just sad he didn't go full NYC accent on it. It felt too posh and enunciated for a Jack Kelly song but he still sang it incredibly (just not as good as Jeremy Jordan).

My jealousy just increases so much every time you post more about who you got to see and MEET in the Broadway Concert Series and this is no different. While I do believe Laura Michelle Kelly (originated the role on the West End with Gavin Lee BEFORE Broadway and won an Olivier for it then joined the Broadway cast later on (she's done other things too but I'll hold my tongue on that hehe)) and Julie Andrews were better Mary Poppins than Ashley, she's still fabulous, never knew she played Belle too that's a news to me, and Josh just SLAYS me with the Tarzan OBC recording every time I listen.

I love the choices in songs that they did, but I'm SCREAMING over the fact that they did Aida because I LOVE that score (Elton John wrote it not long after The Lion King was on Broadway and the original Nala, Heather Headley, played Aida and won a Tony for her performance) and My Strongest Suit is probably my favorite song. Sherie Rene Scott sang it originally and she is a powerhouse vocalist who is known for taking on big belty pop-influenced numbers and Josh sang it fantastically. You can tell his vocals have really strengthened since Tarzan. WOW.

That's interesting you say not to get the Dining Package for the Broadway concert series since I know it is SUPER helpful for the Eat to the Beat concert series. I'm glad at that but I wish Broadway would be just as popular as has-been acts (all tea, no shade).
Wow! That was an awesome read!

- I agree Josh isn’t any Jeremy Jordan. However, after seeing videos of Josh singing “Santa Fe” last year, I was praying he would sing it again this year and he did! :)

- I do like the performance of Mary Poppins on the album that I have and I know that’s not Ashley. Just for some reason, I have always wanted to see her perform.

- I did a little more research on Aida after these performances and I was surprised to see Heather’s name. I still haven’t listened to much of the soundtrack. I might have to!

- I always say Broadway has better singers but I know it’s not fully supported in the music world sometimes sadly.

I can see the joy on your face in those pics from enjoying this series of shows! How exciting to be able to meet and have a chance to talk with the performers again following the show.
It was an awesome experience getting to meet them!

That is so cool that you were able to go to all 3 shows and meet them too!!! :cool1: And thank you for posting the videos... They sounded amazing!!!
- You’re welcome! It was an awesome concert!!!

Sorry I am late again in replying to this TR but another fab report! :D Congrats on soon moving to Florida! :D I have been here for a little over two years now (ex-NYer) and love living down in Delray Beach (about 1 hour north of Miami and 3 hours southeast of WDW)! Based on your pics, Boma looks like a restaurant I would definitely love to visit and Rose and Crown doesn't look too bad either. Wish I could have the Fish and Chips but I am allergic to eggs and all grains except for corn and rice, so that's potentially a no-go but knowing Disney, I think they could make it so I could eat it. It sucks that it took so long to get the check at Rose and Crown though, but hopefully, there will not be any screw ups again. Watched Voices of Liberty and I must see them, as they are truly amazing! :D Sadly, the timing has not worked out on my past two trips. Finally, Josh Strickland and Ashley Brown were amazing! :D Cannot wait to read more! :D

Sorry I am late again in replying to this TR but another fab report! :D Congrats on soon moving to Florida! :D I have been here for a little over two years now (ex-NYer) and love living down in Delray Beach (about 1 hour north of Miami and 3 hours southeast of WDW)! Based on your pics, Boma looks like a restaurant I would definitely love to visit and Rose and Crown doesn't look too bad either. Wish I could have the Fish and Chips but I am allergic to eggs and all grains except for corn and rice, so that's potentially a no-go but knowing Disney, I think they could make it so I could eat it. It sucks that it took so long to get the check at Rose and Crown though, but hopefully, there will not be any screw ups again. Watched Voices of Liberty and I must see them, as they are truly amazing! :D Sadly, the timing has not worked out on my past two trips. Finally, Josh Strickland and Ashley Brown were amazing! :D Cannot wait to read more! :D
- No need to be sorry. Always feel free to comment whenever you are able to. :)

- Thank you! I'm excited to get down there (like very soon)!

- I will definitely be going back to Boma! Rose and town just had an off night with the service, but the food was still top-notch quality for that restaurant.

- You must make room to see at least one performance of the Voices of Liberty!!!

- I still can't believe I got to meet Ashley and Josh! That was an incredible evening, and they are fantastic performers!

Day 7: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!

After having the time of my life getting to see 2 of my favorite Broadway Stars perform great concerts, as well as, meet them afterward, I was wondering what could possibly make this evening even more special? Well, I think I came up with the perfect idea.

That is by walking over to Italy to see my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!

With the meet and greet lasting pretty close to showtime, the show would be starting as I was walking up to Italy.

Enjoy some pictures of the show:

After a great fireworks show, it was time to make my way out of EPCOT. I have found that the benefit for watching the show all the way in Italy is getting to experience the Illuminations walk-out music for a bit longer. I absolutely love the songs that Disney plays after Illuminations. I get them stuck in my head for weeks!

It was time to leave EPCOT and make my way back to Saratoga Springs.

I would decide to stop at the quick service location when I got back to Saratoga Springs. I would order the Buffalo Chicken sandwich and got it to-go with some chips. I’ll sum up this dish by saying that the chips were better than the sandwich.

Even if I wasn’t enjoying a sandwich, I was enjoying watching Kansas beat TCU! Rockchalk Jayhawk! Go KU!

After a successful day, it was time for one more sleep at Walt Disney World!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Illuminations Highlights!

Here is my highlight video of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT! This video mostly includes the fireworks segments, as well as, the finale. This is my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World, and I am going to be really sad to see it go away forever!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

EPCOT - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Highlights!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

Reactions: DLo
Life Update: Moving To Orlando Right Now!!!

Hi everyone! Greetings from Murfreesboro, TN as I am writing this update! :) I just wanted to give all of you an update on what has been happening.

As you can see, updates from my Trip Report have slowed down a little bit. That is due to a couple factors:

1. I got really sick a couple weeks ago.
  2. I have been packing away.
Well, the packing finished yesterday as my moving company arrived to pick up my stuff!

Saying “see ya’ real soon” to so many friends was definitely difficult, but I’m excited for this new adventure that I am embarking on.

After the moving company picked up my stuff, I would hit the road with a friend as we would drive 8 1/2 hours from Kansas City to Murfreesboro, TN.

It’s always nice to see some national landmarks as we drove through the MidWest. In St. Louis, we got a great view of the arch!

My friend and I would arrive at our hotel in Murfreesboro, TN around 12:30 a.m. where we would get some sleep.

We are about to embark on our final 9 hours and 15 minutes of driving! We should be in Orlando tonight!!!

I can’t wait to officially become a Florida resident!

Stay tuned for more updates from my previous Walt Disney World adventure!

YAY!!!! I'm excited for your big move! We've traveled through Murfreesboro--I specifically remember taking a pic of the sign because it's such a random name and spelling!!

Hope the rest of the drive down is uneventful for you (and QUICK!)

Currently driving through Atlanta, GA!

YAY!!!! I'm excited for your big move! We've traveled through Murfreesboro--I specifically remember taking a pic of the sign because it's such a random name and spelling!!

Hope the rest of the drive down is uneventful for you (and QUICK!)

Thank you! The city spelling is definitely interesting.

Whoo-hoo!!! That day is finally here!!! Welcome Home!!!! :cool1:

If you posted it, I must have missed it, but are you working for The Mouse??? ::MickeyMo
It is!!! :)

I’m going the risky route. I’m hopeful to work for the mouse, but I wanted to make sure I would be able to live in Orlando first.

How exciting the move-in day is here! Best of luck on all of that!
Thank you! I’m really excited!

Darn those pesty adult responsibilities that get in the way of doing what you really want to do!!! LOL!!!! Sending you lots of Pixie Dust and hope you get to work for the Mouse now that you're living down there!!! pixiedust:

Nothing like Illuminations to end off the day at Epcot :D . I will miss it, but I will admit that the new show looks nice. Holy smokes can't believe you are already moving to Florida it's going to be exciting! :jumping3: While I have not been to Missouri, I love your pictures of the arch. I also have not been to Murfressboro, TN, but a good friend of mine who is into civil war history says its amazing and being that I like civil war history also, I may have to drive up from Florida one of these days. Cannot believe you are in Atlanta already and soon enough, you will be in Orlando! :D Safe travels and to happy living in "The Sunshine State! :D"

We arrived at Walt Disney World yesterday! We are staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village in a one bedroom DVC savannah view room! We then spent some time at Disney Springs.

Today...We went to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and we are now preparing for a Disney After Hours Event at the Magic Kingdom.

There will be reviews later in this trip report of everything listed above.

Darn those pesty adult responsibilities that get in the way of doing what you really want to do!!! LOL!!!! Sending you lots of Pixie Dust and hope you get to work for the Mouse now that you're living down there!!! pixiedust:
Yep! Thank you!

Nothing like Illuminations to end off the day at Epcot :D . I will miss it, but I will admit that the new show looks nice. Holy smokes can't believe you are already moving to Florida it's going to be exciting! :jumping3: While I have not been to Missouri, I love your pictures of the arch. I also have not been to Murfressboro, TN, but a good friend of mine who is into civil war history says its amazing and being that I like civil war history also, I may have to drive up from Florida one of these days. Cannot believe you are in Atlanta already and soon enough, you will be in Orlando! :D Safe travels and to happy living in "The Sunshine State! :D"
It really is! Interesting about the Civil War history’s I’m more into studying World Wars than the Civil War.

Have a safe journey! I hope your move goes smoothly.
Thank you!!!

It really is! Interesting about the Civil War history’s I’m more into studying World Wars than the Civil War.
Haha I love Civil War history but I think I am also a bit more into World Wars, particularly WWII as my late Grandparents were Holocaust Survivors and I remember when my Grandparents used to tell me of our family’s history and to never forget! Glad you made it to Florida safe and sound and that you are living it up at WDW! :dancer:

Have a wonderful time and here’s to living in Florida! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter