When are you planning to return to DLR?

just moved my flights to June 2021... sigh, now hoping for a California trip end of June

I've been wrestling with this myself and this is more a question for those who don't have current (ever inching back) reservations.

I'm tentatively planning on making hotel reservations for early November 2021 when they are made available (off site), but I'm also considering skipping next year and going in late February 2022, which is our usual time to visit DLR yearly. No way I would consider February 2021 with the way things are going currently with COVID, but I do hope for others that CA allows theme parks some re-opening with safety guidelines by then. The vaccine news by April 2021 by the CDC yesterday is kind of a downer. I had hoped the first of the year or early spring for a vaccine and would feel better traveling after it's been out a bit.

What are your thoughts and reasoning here?
If I can get the COVID vaccine by April, I plan on going for a few days at the end of May.

I planned for three years for a maiden voyage to Disneyland in March 2020. I pushed it around so many times, I've decided to just wait until 2022 or 2023 when things will hopefully more closely resemble all the things I had looked forward to. 😭

I am you, but my pushed off maiden voyage is to WDW. I hope you get to experience DLR soon!

Able to book 6-nights GC Villa on points for early Aug. Really excited but not not going unless vaccinated, fingers crossed.

I actually looked at booking ABD for Disneyland in October 2021, but didn't pull the trigger. There's still too many unknowns, but having the priority access and the VIP tours made it seem (in my own mind) like my odds of being able to go would be much higher with ABD. When it's much closer, I can always hope for a last minute booking. I cancelled 2 Disney cruises and several DL visits last year, so I can mentally justify paying for the ABD price for my first visit back. :scratchin Oh, and now I won't have the cost of multiple APs. Geez, I should be rich at this point, lol.

Now with the new mandatory 14 day quarantine upon arriving in the USA, not until I can fly in without having to sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks. :crazy2:

I had a planned trip in November so I'm hoping for November this year, but we'll see how it goes. I canceled my Florida trip, too.

Now with the new mandatory 14 day quarantine upon arriving in the USA, not until I can fly in without having to sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks. :crazy2:
Are you planning a return trip to DLR? You were so sure last time that your last trip was a one and done. Has the Disneyland bug bit you recently? ;)

Are you planning a return trip to DLR? You were so sure last time that your last trip was a one and done. Has the Disneyland bug bit you recently? ;)

Haha, at this point I will go to ANY Disney park! LOL. We do prefer Disneyworld, but our kids actually preferred the rides at Disneyland. California is cheaper to fly to for us so we may do Disneyland instead once it opens again. Who knows! Is there any news on when it is supposed to open?? I can't believe it's STILL closed.

Haha, at this point I will go to ANY Disney park! LOL. We do prefer Disneyworld, but our kids actually preferred the rides at Disneyland. California is cheaper to fly to for us so we may do Disneyland instead once it opens again. Who knows! Is there any news on when it is supposed to open?? I can't believe it's STILL closed.
Sadly, no news at all on any reopening date. DTD/BVS is the only part of the resort that has reopened, but even it is under restrictions, e.g. no indoor or outdoor dining/take out only. Keep watching the main board (see the Official DLR Reopening Superthread) for official (non-rumor) news/announcements about the parks' reopening.

Hoping for spring 2022. Maybe fall or winter 2021? DH doesn't want to go if masks are required, (we are fine wearing masks in normal life, just unsure about vacationing in them) and I feel like that's going to take awhile at theme parks in CA.

Last edited:
My supposed dates have changed. After I last wrote they said they did away with our AP's so now we are thinking MAYBE a few days at the beginning of school break for xmas! My daughter teaches so can't really go unless it is a school break and at this point we are still waiting to even see what the school break schedule will even BE for this year. And of course waiting to see if they will be open. But barring THAT we are hoping to go next April of 22 for my daughter's 21st birthday (other daughter not the teacher)

I know I answered this thread earlier but our plans might be changing? What else is new, join the club, right? Right now we have a Dream cruise booked for mid November, however, our oldest starts high school and if they are going with the quadmester system again in September (2 courses for 10 weeks, switch, repeat with 2 more courses etc) even missing 3 days will be too much as it will be akin to missing 3 weeks of a 'normal' semester. So we have until mid Aug to pay for the cruise (hopefully will know her schedule long before that). So in anticipation of switching I'll book (hopefully) Grand Californian at 7 months out with our points from Nov 10-14 (kids are off school 11&12 and we can fly down after school on the 10th). If that doesn't work our back up to our back up is Christmas (Dec 24-28). Ugh. Long winded enough for ya? ;-)

TLDR; either mid November or over Christmas haha

As soon as they open. I am fairly local (an hour away) and will plan a trip once they decide to open. Our plan at this point is to try to get a hotel room for 2 or 3 nights once they open up the hotels again.
I made it to WDW in November, but I am already having Disney withdrawals. Ugh.
I am just worried about getting a room for those days if everyone and their brother is also wanting to book those dates.

I have reservations for a Grand Californian DVC Villa the first weekend in December. Looking forward to seeing Disneyland decorated for Christmas.

Its been over a year since my solo trip... I was sure I would be set for years before feeling another trip.. Well that didn't last as long.

Then I felt that I wouldn't go until it was "back to normal" ...

Well now I am thinking this might be perfect for me to go when they re-open with reservations. I don't do meet-in-greets so I wouldn't miss out on that. I am ok with missing parades. Sounds like the rest will be there for me. The thought of smaller crowds sounds wonderful.

My biggest concern is that being solo might be a bad thing for rides if they are doing social distancing by groups? Single rider might actually be a disadvantage.

My biggest concern is that being solo might be a bad thing for rides if they are doing social distancing by groups? Single rider might actually be a disadvantage.
The way they did it at Six Flags was each row was a group together, and nobody else was added to fill the row. There was no "single rider" line. There were single riders, but they rode in their own row and waited in line with the rest of us. The effect of not filling up rows was that slow-loading rides (Superman) PAINFULLY slow. Each boarding area had Plexiglass between the rows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter