When do reservations open at Trader Sam's?

Yes, and also try signing up for dining notifications. There are a few non-Disney companies that let you sign up for Disney dining alerts so that if someone cancels a reservation you are looking for, they'll send you an alert. You do have to be fast at grabbing them. I used the one that starts with Mouse (we're not allowed to link it) and a lot of Trader Sam's reservations opened up within the last couple of days before my trip. I'd gotten a couple alerts before that but was never quick enough to snag one earlier, I think because they didn't show up often and would just randomly come through so by the time I did see them they were already gone. In the days close to my trip, though, I was checking a lot and would see that I had a dining alert, know that I only had it for TS's, and immediately go to Disneyland.com dining (I often had it up on my desktop already) and try to grab it. I was successful a few times but only needed one so I didn't complete the others, just looked to see if they were still available out of curiosity.
Forgot to mention that I used the free version. It allows you to make up to 5 alerts at a time. If you miss it, you can click to renew the alert. The drawback to the free one is that it's done through email and not text, but someone told me how to bypass that by signing up for your account with the email of 7554354545@vtext.com --those numbers being YOUR cell phone number and the vtext is if you have verizon. If you don't have verizon, I'm not sure what the last part would be and you'd have to google it. Anyway, that worked for me for getting the alerts as text messages. The downside is that the text doesn't tell you which alert it is, so if you've made multiple dining alerts you still have to go to their site to see the specific restaurant and time. It gave me the quick heads up though that an alert had come through. Then you can quickly go to the dining alert site to see what it is and the disneyland app/site to grab it.

Has anyone heard/read anything more about hotel guests getting some sort of preferential bookings for on-site dining? I'm thinking DLH hotel guests might have a bit of a head-start with Trader Sam's but, could be completely wrong.

Has anyone heard/read anything more about hotel guests getting some sort of preferential bookings for on-site dining? I'm thinking DLH hotel guests might have a bit of a head-start with Trader Sam's but, could be completely wrong.
I was wondering the same thing. When will this be starting? I hate it when Disney announce things and then leave you hanging. So frustrating.

I got a reservation for 2 people for 9/25 at 1:15pm I reserved it at 3am PT 60 days out. I was trying to get RBT Premium dining and found this had opened up. There were no evening reservations. I did get a walk up reservation on Thursday 7/21 at 8:15pm. They told me there was a 2hr wait for inside and a 1hr wait for outside and I selected inside as we were celebrating my daughter's 26th bday. They called me not 10 minutes later to come inside. They said it was only allowed to be in there for 90 minutes but we were there for 2 hrs.

Thanks to all - just to clarify, folks have been able to get reservations at Trader Sam's at Disney World/Polynesian? I've seen different answers on different threads... and I'm beginning to think... is there one at Disneyland (that may do advance reservations) that is different than Disney World/Polynesian (that is only sign up for virtual wait list in advance of opening time)?

Thanks to all - just to clarify, folks have been able to get reservations at Trader Sam's at Disney World/Polynesian? I've seen different answers on different threads... and I'm beginning to think... is there one at Disneyland (that may do advance reservations) that is different than Disney World/Polynesian (that is only sign up for virtual wait list in advance of opening time)?
This thread is for Disneyland California so, we are referring to the Trader Sam's that is out side of the Disneyland hotel in California.

I was staying on site when I got my walk up reservation but I did not mention anything about staying on site and was still able to join the walk up list so, with that said they are treating all walk up guests equally.

Forgot to mention that I used the free version. It allows you to make up to 5 alerts at a time. If you miss it, you can click to renew the alert. The drawback to the free one is that it's done through email and not text, but someone told me how to bypass that by signing up for your account with the email of 7554354545@vtext.com --those numbers being YOUR cell phone number and the vtext is if you have verizon. If you don't have verizon, I'm not sure what the last part would be and you'd have to google it. Anyway, that worked for me for getting the alerts as text messages. The downside is that the text doesn't tell you which alert it is, so if you've made multiple dining alerts you still have to go to their site to see the specific restaurant and time. It gave me the quick heads up though that an alert had come through. Then you can quickly go to the dining alert site to see what it is and the disneyland app/site to grab it.
Thanks for that hack! I was signed up for that service's alerts and missed a late night drop in our preferred time window because I was asleep (east coast problems). I paid for a different service to text me and THEY DIDN'T EVEN PICK UP THE OPENING! Ugh. Out $5 and you live and learn.

We just did the virtual walk up list last week. It was peak dinner time 545pm on a Thursday and was only a 10 minute wait. The outside terrace was only about half full. We wanted to eat outside near the tiki torches but also went inside to watch some of the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter