When do you think the border will reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that Canadians who do end up travelling to Florida don’t have to quarantine once they arrive in Florida is that correct? I appreciate that a quarantine is still required once you arrive back home but wasn’t clear if it was still required for anyone coming in from out of state. Thanks in advance.

I assume that Canadians who do end up travelling to Florida don’t have to quarantine once they arrive in Florida is that correct? I appreciate that a quarantine is still required once you arrive back home but wasn’t clear if it was still required for anyone coming in from out of state. Thanks in advance.

According to this FL Dept of Health Covid-19 page for travellers, Florida currently has no travel restrictions in place. https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

I drove into the US a few weeks ago at Buffalo. Not sure when I’ll re enter Canada. Maybe in several months, maybe spring.

Travellers returning to Canada have been caught ignoring self-isolation rules, official says
International travellers who are required by law to self-isolate after entering Canada have been caught out in public settings ignoring quarantine rules, Ontario's top doctor says.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/travelle...ing-quarantine-laws-top-doctor-says-1.5091576

Does not surprise me. I am constantly astounded by how many idiots there are even on my Facebook friend list (who I would have thought would know better). All insisting the government is in on a big conspiracy, and wearing masks is useless (or bad for you), etc. I have been very tempted to unfriend some people quite honestly. They post their drivel non-stop - and look for any "source" that backs up their nonsense.

Does not surprise me. I am constantly astounded by how many idiots there are even on my Facebook friend list (who I would have thought would know better). All insisting the government is in on a big conspiracy, and wearing masks is useless (or bad for you), etc. I have been very tempted to unfriend some people quite honestly. They post their drivel non-stop - and look for any "source" that backs up their nonsense.

Thank goodness for the unfollow feature. I agree with the absolute annoyance of non-stop drivel and the multitude of unsubstantiated youtube sources.

Last edited:
My guess? Not til April or May of next year :( Doesn't mean I wouldnt fly there though.
I drove across in July because we wanted to get a car back to our place in the US, brought a pet along too. Mine was the only Canadian car that I saw. The border was empty, of course. I can return to Canada at any time as I have duel residence. My spouse flew out today along with our dog. Only carries a Canada passport for now. Brought our dog on the plane as well. USA customs at the airport didn’t ask much. Just wants to get back to the house in Florida. Also can return at anytime. I’m not sure many Canadians know that they can leave, by air. I have health insurance in the USA. My spouse has travel insurance that covers this virus, many don’t know that existed, but it does.

I drove across in July because we wanted to get a car back to our place in the US, brought a pet along too. Mine was the only Canadian car that I saw. The border was empty, of course. I can return to Canada at any time as I have duel residence. My spouse flew out today along with our dog. Only carries a Canada passport for now. Brought our dog on the plane as well. USA customs at the airport didn’t ask much. Just wants to get back to the house in Florida. Also can return at anytime. I’m not sure many Canadians know that they can leave, by air. I have health insurance in the USA. My spouse has travel insurance that covers this virus, many don’t know that existed, but it does.
I think most know they can leave by air. Most choose not to cause of the mandatory quarantine upon return. Majority of people can't get 3 weeks off in a row. Also many don't feel it's safe to go the US right now. While our cases are rising a bit here, cases in many parts of the US are still very high.

@damo I was going to suggest to @Chickinvic to use the unfollow feature. It's a godsend LOL
It's a great feature but I choose to unfriend people who want to spread disinformation. I don't need that negativity in my life and even if I don't see it, it's still there.
I have unfriended several family members for things including ranting with lots of curse words (bad ones) and touting the great things about someone I won't name because of politics. I unfriended a person, who I thought was so sweet, because she posted a very old article on a rape which was committed by a Muslim and ranted about how all Muslims do this and should not be allowed in our country. Nope, unfriend. I can disagree with you but if you are going to try and bring my day down your out. I don't want to be associated with them or show on their friends list. Someone could take that association as agreeing with them. Gone!

Well we are a week away (ok 8 days) from the latest Sept 21 deadline so we should get another update any day now. The past couple of closuras they have been announced at least a week in advance so I suspect tomorrow or Tuesday we will probably hear about the next extension.

Well we are a week away (ok 8 days) from the latest Sept 21 deadline so we should get another update any day now. The past couple of closuras they have been announced at least a week in advance so I suspect tomorrow or Tuesday we will probably hear about the next extension.
Hopefully t will open but I would bet against it.

At this point I hope they'll open the border but enforce the 14 days quarantine for people entering the country and HUGE fines for those not respecting it.

At this point I hope they'll open the border but enforce the 14 days quarantine for people entering the country and HUGE fines for those not respecting it.

I think until there is some notion of science guiding our friends in the US before we should give any benefit of the doubt .... we should keep the border locked VERY tight based on current info.... Sad to see that current visitors can't respect our laws.. Why let more in to flaunt our quarantine rules.... It makes zero sense to expand it when even basic public health requirements can't be respected. By the time you apply more penalties... more Canadian spread happens.... it's just not worth it.

Anyone hear of an update? I'm surprised we haven't heard about the border closure being extended again. Unless I missed it?

Last edited:
Anyone here of an update? I'm surprised we haven't heard about the border closure being extended again. Unless I missed it?
It was extended late August to the 21st of September I think . So it should be coming soon. I see zero chance of it opening .

It was extended late August to the 21st of September I think . So it should be coming soon. I see zero chance of it opening .
I doubt the border will open too. In August, the closure extension was announced on Aug. 14th, so hopefully we hear something soon. My American friends don't believe the border closure will be extended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter