When to buy tickets?

KRFillion

Mouseketeer
I'm a planner, I like to have everything in order well in advance of my vacations. We are travelling April 2020

We are looking at purchasing a 3 day park to park with VB ticket from Undercover Tourist. We can get 4 adult tickets right now for 1,367.64 and they expire in 1 year. Should I go ahead and get these now to avoid another price increase, or should I hold off and wait until next years promotions are out?

The current promotion of 2 days + 3 free with VB would be $1,290.20 - so a savings of $77.44 over the 3 day ticket, but they expire Dec 20/19. We would be able to use 4 days, but not the 5th day of the tickets. Should I hold out for a similar sale next spring? Not sure how often the 2 days + 2 or 3 day promotions happen.

We are staying at the HRH if that matters. I know package deals aren't usually available or worth it.

Buy the tickets when you can live with the price

Specials pop up at different times

New promotions usually come out each year

No one knows what promotions will be available or really when there will be a price increase, they usually give a heads up when prices are increasing.

If the prices available now are in your budget, they will probably be the lowest prices you will get, because whatever the promos next year are, they will probably be slightly higher.

We are visiting at the end of January 2020 and haven't been able to find tickets that go out that far. I was watching packages and prices last year (and checked back on my other e-mails) and there's usually a good Black Friday deal which is what we're watching for.

If the planner in you can wait til Thanksgiving...there are always great specials. Start stalking the forums and black friday boards in October for leaked info. Visitorlando.com has had great BF sales on upgradeable Uni tix that expire 1 year from purchase date. I personally would not be comfortable buying tix for April 2020 now, with a 12 month expiration. Hold off in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter