When to Vacation in Disneyland?

MikeyCanuck

Earning My Ears
Greetings,

My wife and I and another couple are planning a trip to Disneyland this year. We have various options for when to visit the parks and so I thought I'd ask here for some comments/advice on our possible travel dates.

Our initial plan (and my favourite) was to visit the park in early to mid May. In doing this we avoid the summer when children our out of school & holiday weekends, yet still have reasonably nice weather. We've visited in May before and had a blast. Unfortunately do to work schedules this plan has gone the way of the dodo.

Our next option is June 1-5. My worry with these dates is that the crowd from the Memorial long weekend is going to flood over into this week. How valid are my concerns? I know one of our other longer May trips ended during the Memorial Day weekend and the park was so full on the Saturday we left that we couldn't move.

Next is the following week June 8-12. Here we move away from the Memorial day long weekend but start moving toward the busier summer months. When does grade school finish for the summer in the US? Perhaps this week isn't a concern as children may still be in school? Thoughts?

That's about as far as we've planned. I think I would actually prefer to delay until September (yay new Space Mountain!) as the crowds would again diminish and the weather is still reasonable, but scheduling in September is looking difficult =(

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. Can anyone direct me to a nice graph of average yearly park attendance volumes?

I think maybe your June 1-5 might be good. We have good friends who were there last year from Memorial weekend through the first week of June. They had a blast and said that after Memorial Day the crowds really thinned. A lot of schools are not out yet and a lot of people might be waiting until July to be there as close to the 50th as possible. I am thinking most kids will be out of school by June 8. Regardless of when you go you will have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter