• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When was the worst time you overslept?

I had one time when I was a Senior(I think) and I slept until around 10, and it was a full sunlight streaming through the blinds kind of morning, which was what made me realize I was late. I started to panic because both my sister and I slept in and we're incredibly late for school.

I got up and was getting ready in a panic, going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth...

Before I realized that it was, in fact... Saturday.

I then felt so stupid.

I set two alarms now just to make sure that I hear them and know for certain that I need to get up.

I’m an early riser by nature and don’t remember ever sleeping late and missing something. I can sleep like the dead when I nap though and many times I’ve intended to go down for an hour on a Sunday afternoon and not woken up until supper time. It feels great but does make for a pretty unproductive day. :blush:

I actually overslept the morning we were supposed to leave for our Disney trip!

I had set the alarm for 3:30, but had accidentally set it for PM instead of AM!

My husband woke me up around 4am and asked if I was still supposed to be in bed (he was taking us to the airport).

I don’t think I have ever flown out of bed and gotten dressed so fast in my life!

The airport ended up being super crowded that morning (at 5 am?!!), and we made it to our gate just 5 minutes before boarding (I was very glad because I had purchased EarlyBird check in for us!)

I STILL cannot believe that happened! If my husband hadn’t woken me up, we would have totally missed the flight.

Not to be freaky, but my deceased mother does not let me oversleep. I kid you not.

Since my mom has been gone, if I went to bed and forgot to set my alarm, or my phone battery died overnight, or pre-cell phone, if the power went out, I would be sleeping and all of a sudden, in what ever dream i was having I would hear my mother scream WAKE UP! It startled me awake only to discover the time was 2-5 minutes past the time my alarm should have gone off.

The best one was when I got lazy and conscientiously decided to go back to sleep and skip church one particular Sunday. Closed my eyes, and I was just falling into the blissful part of sleep and I hear WAKE UP! Guess who got up and went to church?

My internal alarm clock is pretty darn good, so I rarely oversleep even if I forget to set my alarm. I have overslept by 30 or so minutes a couple times when my alarm wasn't set, but I've never overslept and missed something.

The last night of our disney trip quite a few years ago (before we had constant news on our phones), we missed turning back the clock and therefore missed our early morning flight!

I rarely oversleep and only set an alarm when I'm traveling for work and need to get up extra early. This morning I did oversleep by 20 min! If DH hadn't woken me up I would have been seriously late for work. Luckily I was only 10 min late.

I missed an exam in college. I slept thru my alarm. Luckily the professor was understanding and let me take the test.

One of the few german phrases I remember from my college german class is how to say" my alarm clock is broken." I didn't oversleep, but a classmate did and missed half the final exam. He came stumbling in and told the professor some crazy story about his drunk roommate knocking a drink over onto his alarm clock and frying it in the middle of the night. The professor took the excuse, but he had to re-tell the story in german before he'd let him in. I had several classes with this guy over the years, little did the professor know, this was his "stock" story whenever he was late for something important. It was still funny, though.

Another class, the professor overslept the final exam. 1.5 hours into a 2 hour exam period, this same guy in the above story left the room and actually called the professor and woke him up. I thought some of the other people in the class were going to kill him. He showed up with 5 minutes left and told us we had 30 minutes to take the exam. :mad:

During college my now-husband, two female friends and I went on a six-week European "backpacking" trip together in the summer. While we were in Ireland, we rented a stick shift car to save money, but only 1 of our group (one of the female friends) knew how to drive stick. We were supposed to spend time driving through the Irish countryside, but through a series of unfortunate events ended up spending the night before we were supposed to return the rental car at the apartment of a gentleman that our friends met in a bar. We parked the car in an area that had free parking on weekends but turned into two hour parking Monday mornings.

Our stick-shift driving friend was supposed to set an alarm to move the car Monday morning, but she and her new gentleman friend were otherwise occupied most of the night and she didn't wake up in the morning. The rest of us slept in as well. After an "oh crap" moment when woke up and found our friend not awake yet, we went our to find our rental car, which we were supposed to return in 4 hours, booted. We rushed to the traffic office, paid roughly $100 we weren't planning on spending, and fortunately they came to unboot the car rather quickly and we were only slightly late returning it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter