When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening?

When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening? This is means with Disney's permission.

• 5am 8/29

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 3am 8/29

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Midnight 8/29

Votes: 66 26.9%
  • 9pm 8/28

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • 5pm 8/28

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Morning 8/28

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Sometime on 8/27

Votes: 62 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 1:30 from Twitter I quoted above -

A Disney rep came out and informed us that we are the only group to have formed to get into #GalaxysEdge !

We are safe where we are and we will be let in at 3:30 to the security checkpoint! So this is the official line to get into the park! #StarWarsTrolls

FROM BLOG MICKEY

Disney has failed to communicate any operational details leading up to this morning's grand opening of #StarWarsGalaxysEdge . Dozens of cars are lined up on the side of the road leading to DHS. Cast are turning guests away until 4am, but people are parked nonetheless.

I will be hovering over this thread tomorrow to see how it all turns out. :)

Briefly .., tweets say parking lot traffic lines deep at 3 am with early ones being turned back. Sound like it opened about time buses began to run. All got in line that stretched out towards and under bridge to Boardwalk. Photo sea of humanity going in and lines for ride after open go outside the land with initial wait 3 hours for ride.

No thank you but hope all have fun!!

NO CAMPING OUT

@ThemeParkExpress

Was just approached by Orlando PD and was informed that we are in fact not allowed to camp outside of security. They will be telling guests to vacate the premises after HS clears for the night. Several other people hovering around the area were told the same. Stay tuned 4 updates

9:36 PM · Aug 28, 2019

--------------------

@ThemeParkExpres

Managers and security just asked everyone out front to leave. Kindly but sternly. They are telling us everything will open at 6 but friendships and busses start operation at 3:30 so I will be back at 3 and see what the situation is! #GalaxysEdge
10:10 PM · Aug 28, 2019

Just read his tweets, what a great memory all the StarWarsTrolls will have! I'm actually surprised Disney threatened guests with trespassing and I wish they would have set up something a little... kinder to keep people out and/or back of whatever line they wished to draw. They knew this was coming and had ages to prepare for it.

Just read his tweets, what a great memory all the StarWarsTrolls will have! I'm actually surprised Disney threatened guests with trespassing and I wish they would have set up something a little... kinder to keep people out and/or back of whatever line they wished to draw. They knew this was coming and had ages to prepare for it.

As far as the trespassing ... they are unless Disney has given permission for them to be there after hours. It sounds like there was no plan (insert HUGE EYE ROLL) and folks on the ground were grasping for what to do.

They absolutely knew WDW would be a whole different animal than DL (where SW didn't belong). They absolutely should have had a concrete plan for handling the parking lot toll entry ... the back up on the busy roads ... those that manage to be close to park by foot ... they knew by running buses that early the non-hotel guests would be proactive in making sure they had a good place in line.

None of the confusion was necessary!!! But are we surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter