When will your Christmas tree go up?

Growing up, my mother always got the Christmas decorations out the day after Thanksgiving, & we decorated the tree & the rest of the house for Christmas that weekend (the weekend after Thanksgiving). Everything, including the tree, was then put away on January 1st.

After my husband & I got married, that’s what we tended to do as well - the Christmas tree & all the other Christmas decorations came out the day after Thanksgiving. And, then, we’d start putting everything away on January 1st.

Well, we now host Thanksgiving, & I quickly discovered it’s A LOT to host Thanksgiving. And I also have a lot of fall & Thanksgiving-specific decorations that need to be put away before all the Christmas stuff comes out. So, within a couple of years, I learned that it’s A LOT to clean up after Thanksgiving, put away all the fall & Thanksgiving decor, AND try to do all the Christmas decorating in the same weekend.

So, now, I get my Christmas trees up & decorated in the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. I decorate 3 trees - one in the kitchen, one in the living room, & one in the family room, & the trees in the living room & family have tons of ornaments & multiple ribbons & garlands & take a very long time to decorate. The kids also each have a tree in their bedrooms which they decorate, & my husband & I have a tree in our bedroom as well - which, as a “gift” to myself I do not decorate & just enjoy its lights.

So, long story short, here’s our new Christmas decorating timeline -

The week before Thanksgiving - trees up & decorated
The day after Thanksgiving - all the fall & Thanksgiving decorations put away
The Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving - the rest of the Christmas decorations put out.
Beginning on January 6th (the 12th day of Christmas) - Christmas decorations put away

And that’s what I’m doing today - putting out & arranging all the Christmas decorations that aren’t Christmas trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter