When will your Christmas tree go up?

N

nw6675

If you put one up, when will you put up your tree this year? We will be gone 10-11 days in December for WDW and I hate that we'll miss out on enjoying our decorations. We are taking a small tacky pop up Charlie Brownish tree with us, but want to enjoy our home decorations, too!

I am considering mid-November, but won't put on a full display until the day after Thanksgiving. At least we can enjoy the tree inside for a couple of extra weeks that way.

ETA: Updated post #211 for 2022

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually Dec. 3 or 4th. I put all the other decorations up first and that takes a couple of days.
This year we leave for WDW Dec. 1, so it will go up Nov. 29. We got a small tree since we don't host this year and will go in isolation for awhil when we come back

We do an artificial and usually do it over Thanksgiving. But this year I'm going to start decorating as soon as I get the Halloween stuff down on Nov. 1. So I'll probably get to the tree by the second weekend of Nov., after I do some of the smaller stuff. I'm already building the pieces for the Lego village as I write this.

We have an artificial tree so I’ll probably put it up November 1st because why not.
This is *really* what I wanted to say in my original post instead of "mid" :D

It‘s 2020, no ones coming over, it feels both like it’s March and also like 5 years have passed, and our household wears yoga/pj pants 95% of the time. There are no rules this year. I might cut a tree down in the backyard and keep it up until Valentines Day 🤣

I used to be a strict day after thanksgiving decorator but my kids usually start begging for decorations the first of November and we have so much stuff now I start early and do a little at a time. Outside decorations go up the first good weather weekend of November but we don’t start turning on the lights until Thanksgiving night.

It‘s 2020, no ones coming over, it feels both like it’s March and also like 5 years have passed, and our household wears yoga/pj pants 95% of the time. There are no rules this year. I might cut a tree down in the backyard and keep it up until Valentines Day 🤣

Grubhub, Walmart and Instacart come so many times a week because of all of this that I'm on a first name basis with many of the drivers :D

A month before Christmas usually. The few cards I do send out go out Dec. 1st.

Have a ton of stuff that I put out so like to have it up awhile.

Have seen a lot of Christmas lights go up this week around the neighbourhood . It has been really mild for October. But usually see them turned on just after Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter