When will your Christmas tree go up?

All of my Christmas stuff will be going up November 27th, 28th and 29th. Then will come down January 9th and 10th.

Planning on going and looking at getting a new fake tree within the next two weeks at Menards, finally going with a pre-lit one.

If you put one up, when will you put up your tree this year? We will be gone 10-11 days in December for WDW and I hate that we'll miss out on enjoying our decorations. We are taking a small tacky pop up Charlie Brownish tree with us, but want to enjoy our home decorations, too!

I am considering mid-November, but won't put on a full display until the day after Thanksgiving. At least we can enjoy the tree inside for a couple of extra weeks that way.

I put out the Holloween inflatables and decorations 2nd week of August. My xmas tree is going up in the Foyer next week.

Great question. No clue.

We used to be the type that would do it after Thanksgiving or early December.
Then it became around the 2nd week of December. Then one year, we did it the week of December.
Last year, we were barely here for the month of December, it really just never felt like Christmas at home until AFTER Christmas was gone.
Luckily, half of the family doesn't come until after Christmas, so we get to do it all over again.

If you put one up, when will you put up your tree this year? We will be gone 10-11 days in December for WDW and I hate that we'll miss out on enjoying our decorations. We are taking a small tacky pop up Charlie Brownish tree with us, but want to enjoy our home decorations, too!

I am considering mid-November, but won't put on a full display until the day after Thanksgiving. At least we can enjoy the tree inside for a couple of extra weeks that way.
Tree is typically put up around mid-December. But we put up our outdoor decorations (large display) beginning Thanksgiving weekend. Usually takes us about a week to get them all up.

All of my Christmas stuff will be going up November 27th, 28th and 29th. Then will come down January 9th and 10th.

Planning on going and looking at getting a new fake tree within the next two weeks at Menards, finally going with a pre-lit one.

We ordered one from Balsam Hill with clear and colored lights. You can alternate or have all on. It was beautiful when we tested it when it delivered!

I normally do it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but with this being 2020 it will probably go up the Saturday before.

We have an artificial tree so I’ll probably put it up November 1st because why not.
Usually Thanksgiving weekend (either directly before or directly after depending on if we’re traveling). But this year, I think it’s all going up Nov 1st. It brings me joy and I’m all about finding that this year. We’re not having anybody over for Thanksgiving, so nobody to be offended. And we have fake trees, so no worry about them drying out.

Decorations go up first week of November. Tree goes up as soon as we get back from Disney. Hate waiting so long, but we don’t want our cats to destroy it when we’re not home! I can’t wait!!!! 🎄 🎅🏻

Decorations go up first week of November. Tree goes up as soon as we get back from Disney. Hate waiting so long, but we don’t want our cats to destroy it when we’re not home! I can’t wait!!!! 🎄 🎅🏻
We literally just talked about this! I realized we are going to have to move our tree to a closed room before we go!!

I am not in favour of mixing holidays. One holiday at a time! You see in the Nightmare before Christmas how things can go wrong when you mix holidays. ;)

As mentioned in the obscure holiday thread, in NL we have a holiday on the 5th of December with its own decorations, songs, movies. So in my house nothing Christmassy before the 6th.
(And I am not a Christmas person, so probably no decorations at all, but if I did, not before the 6th)

We usually buy our tree Thanksgiving weekend, however, we keep it outside in water til mid December when we’ll bring it inside and decorate...other inside and our outside decorations go up that same Thanksgiving weekend...our usual WDW time is first week of Dec...

I am not in favour of mixing holidays. One holiday at a time! You see in the Nightmare before Christmas how things can go wrong when you mix holidays. ;)

As mentioned in the obscure holiday thread, in NL we have a holiday on the 5th of December with its own decorations, songs, movies. So in my house nothing Christmassy before the 6th.
(And I am not a Christmas person, so probably no decorations at all, but if I did, not before the 6th)

Thanksgiving at my parents has become our Christmas with family, so we have kind of lost Turkey Day along the line. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter