Where and when did you honeymoon?

December 1991. We did Disney’s land and sea package - a few nights on The Big Red Boat and then a few nights at Disney World at the Grand Floridian.

Sept 1988 - Grand Floridian Cluib Level Octagon Room, and then Polynesan
We made a promise to be at Disney every 5 years
1993 - Fort Wilderness
1998 - Caribbean Beach Club
2003- Dolphin
2008 - DCL Wonder
2013 - DCL Dream
2018 - All Star Movies

3 nights in a Honeymoon cabin for two in the Smoky Mountains.
A huge bed with a huge jacuzzi tub next to it, and a view.
We were young and poor. DH had recently started his first real career job. No time off or money.
It was fantastic!!!

Mackinac Island, MI in 2010. We're south of Chicago and took a day to get up there, stayed on the island for a few nights, then took a couple days to get back home. It was lovely!

August 1995 on the Sunday after the wedding we drove one hour and forty-five minutes to the nearest city. Bought tickets from scalpers for an awesome game of the Riders vs Bombers Labour Day Classic! We then stayed at the nicest room in the nicest hotel! We walked into the hotel, said that we had just got married and they gave us a deal! They also sent up strawberries and champagne (I was only 18, lol)! It was an awesome night! But we were home by 10:30 a.m. the next day. I married a farmer and it was prime combining time. :)

Last edited:
Jamaica 1998, it was one of the few islands not being hit by a hurricane at the time.

Ocho Rios at Plantation Inn in 1972 . Our room accommodation was beautiful but we received a refund after returning home since they mistakenly gave us a lower grade room that was not what our "PACKAGE DEAL" called for.

May 2009 - WDW. Wedding was on a Saturday, we had a day at home and then left for WDW that Monday.

We stayed at the Boardwalk when they were running the buy 4 nights, get 3 free deal, which was never to be seen again. :(

May 1992 - we went on a 7 night cruise and then had 3 days in fort lauderdale after the cruise. we got a little home sick and caught a flight home early (2 days in fort lauderdale).

September 2016, about two weeks after our wedding. Spent 16 days in Hawaii. Trip report is in my signature :)

August 2017. We flew to San Francisco, spent about 24 hours there (Disney Family Museum, Pier 39, Muir Woods), and then drove up to Lake Tahoe for a week. We absolutely LOVED Tahoe and can't wait to go back.

Originally we had wanted to go to Disneyland, but we were using my in-laws' timeshare points and there was nothing available in the area for the week we needed. So, when we saw what was available, we decided Tahoe looked interesting. It was a great choice!

1981- Disney World! We stayed in one of the original treehouse villas. (just one park back then, Epcot opened the following year - we saw the monorail being built)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter