Where can I find a cab in WDW?

jeank74

<font color=CC66CC>A happy newlywed!<br><font colo
In addition to hotels and resorts, can taxis be found at parks, like MGM?:confused:

I want to catch a 9pm Cirque Du Soleil show at DD after viewing the 7pm Fantasmic! at MGM. I am worried that I won't be able to get to DD on time using WDW transportation, which might take me 30min to an hour from MGM. Since I have no rental car, I am thinking about using taxi for that trip.

If you have previous experience on travelling from MGM to DD, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!!:bounce: :bounce:

I have seen taxis at the gates. But at magic kingdom they are at the ticket & transportation area.

Disney bus transportation is excellent you maybe able to make it, if you get a spot at fantasmic near the exit and get out right at the end of the show! Actually disney west side is really not far from mgm.:)

If you need to get to MGM....
via bus: http://www.mgmstudios.org/bus.html
via boat: http://www.mgmstudios.org/boat.html

If you want a taxi, you need to go to the area where the buses wait to pick up and drop off. Usually thats where taxi's are waiting for possible fares. If you can't, call ahead and arrange a pick up. If you want a good, cheap and reliable taxi company, try JPP Transportation(407-538-2568)

Hope this helps!

Yes, Jeank74, there are taxis at MGM Studios. As you exit the park take the sidewalk to the left that leads past the bus stops. Watch for the taxis at the edge of the parking lot. It shouldn't cost you more than $10 or so.

There is a direct bus from MGM to Downtown Disney after 3:00 p.m. However, the bus doesn't stop at Westside (where Cirque is located), so you would have to walk over from the Pleasure Island stop. You are right that the complete trip, including wait time, could take 30 to 60 minutes.

Also, there is a humorous pre-show at Cirque du Soleil. So you should try to be seated by 8:30.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter