Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

We are here. In person the floors look amazing. However it’s a complete mess in here. I mean the are not done only floors in. I sent Bert to get paint and I am emptying the closets of the last bit of stuff. We had one gallon of primer plus a little extra. Which is a good thing because place was out of primer. We have enough to do the closets and I think that is all that will get done.

The dust is killing me though.

Plan is to prep tonight and paint all day tomorrow. Hopefully only have a little bit to do on Sunday. I know Bert wanted to get a lot done, so did I, but probably won’t happen. The goal was 3 closets and master bedroom. Will be happy with 2 closets completed.

You'll get there. Even if it takes a little longer. Worst thing would be to rush and not have it how you want it after all the time and money spent. So, dont rush it and don't let it bother you. Are the baseboards in yet? I used to tape craft paper to the floor before installing them, then pull the paper out after there painted. Just an idea of you have time. This works less if you have quaterround also.

And the floors are really nice!

Life is hard. At one point we almost got up and headed back to the rv. however we managed to get the bed out of the bathroom so with a place to sleep still going to try and paint tomorrow.

new goal get our closet done. After that anything else is gravy.

You mean the mattress did not fit in that huge shower you had built ?? It looked like it would sleep 4. :duck:

You mean the mattress did not fit in that huge shower you had built ?? It looked like it would sleep 4. :duck:
Not quite but almost put a dresser in the shower. We were smart though and thought if we ever did come back to paint we might need that shower. Long painting day. Am exhausted will post finished pics tomorrow. Spoiler is 2 closets will be done except for one section of closet that needs some repair. Really wanted to get closets done while all the cabinets were out.

It’s Sunday dinner time and we are about an hour from the RV. We did manage to pain both closets. The study closet has some drywall repair needed so we left that and painted the rest. The hood is this week they can put the closets back together and drop off baseboards. Next weekend will paint baseboards and then they can put them up. Then we can keep painting, will just have to tape baseboards.

The study closet

435A3A77-2DA9-42C0-8FB4-69D7682B5DCC.jpeg

More of the study but you can see the old paint and crappy drywall that needs fixed.

E1BB25F1-6BF4-499D-8360-E45A1C9ECEC7.jpeg

Master closet

930453DB-D1ED-4E1D-86C7-886B8CC50BA6.jpeg

Another of master closet. This will be the color in the bedroom.

7DB71CA3-AFCC-400F-8787-DCF36FDDD32F.jpeg

For good measure the current bedroom (old color in closet) color.

F91F0868-D21D-448C-BB26-71673C7E9A0C.jpeg

But we absolutely LOVE the new floors.

Those floors look great. I think you will love it when its done and feel like it was worth the pain.

At least you get to recover from you hard weekends work during the work week where the most effort you have is banking your head on a wall or keyboard?

It's Friday, bert and i have a lot of meetings today. However the contractor has brought the baseboards to the condo and has installed the closets. We will head out after work and go back to Atlanta. The plan for this weekend is to paint baseboards and get all the crap sitting on the floor of the study back into the closet. We also are hoping to actually go to the soccer game on Saturday. We have missed quite a few.

I am hoping we have the pre primed baseboards. If we have to do 4 coats of paint it will be harder to finish on sunday but doable. If they are pre primed i am hoping one coat on saturday before the soccer game and one coat after. This could leave us with an easier Sunday. Final thing is to prep the bedroom and study for painting on labor day weekend. Want all the stuff down and spackling started. Unfortunately i won't get much hiking in. It is more important to get the work done on the condo.

Good news, baseboards were pre primed. We started painting the first coat at 9:20 am. not till the end did we finally get a good process. First coat till 1:50. Yes 4.5 hours. Took a lunch break for an hour. Started second coat at 2:50 with the new process. Finished at 6 pm. All baseboards done. Two window sills have one coat. They will get the second coat tomorrow morning but should only take about 15 minutes. Have just a few things left to put away in the closet. Will do it tomorrow. Next week we are planning to paint bedroom and study. We have Friday off so 4 days. Hoping not only to paint but maybe get the bedroom set back up.

i am beat and so is bert,

Fruits of our labor.

E49A3943-A1A9-44E2-A485-D1BFA37B933A.jpeg

D1098E0D-2DC5-438A-8DE9-E0805236F101.jpeg

E7F906A4-0A50-4379-953E-6B6096805C99.jpeg

that is not even all of it. Also dang we are old. I woke up at 2 am cause my body hurt. My back, butt, and hamstrings from all the up and down. I am so glad the major thing today is just two window sills. Plan to take out brunch from our favorite spot but told bert not until the sills are painted. Have to dangle the carrot.

It’s Friday morning, we came down to the condo last night. Electrician has started but am guessing he won’t finish till mid next week. the baseboards are up but not sealed. That is kind of a bummer as the hope was by Sunday we could start bringing up the bed, but no point with it not quite finished. However we can still accomplish the plan For the weekend. We intend to get both bedrooms primed and painted. last night did the spackel. first thing is sanding and taping. Hope to start priming by noon.

Hard at it and I know you would love more then the RV for living space I have no doubts. Hoping you have a nice smooth weekend and get lots of things done.

It’s Friday evening 9 pm. As usual nothing is easy had a few bumps today. However I am giving us a B+. my A goal was to have both rooms done with two coats of primer. My B goal was to have the master with two coats of primer and the study with one coat. We got the master done and almost all of the second coat of cut in on the study. Then we ran out of paint. It was 7:15 and we were starving.

got pizza and beer for dinner, with enough for leftovers to eat for three days but helpful when busy.

one issue today was me trying to fall off the ladder. I did not succeed but I did manage to throw my paint everywhere. good thing for drop clothes. I am fine I did not fall but had to sacrafice the paint.

plan for tomorrow. One person starts the color cut in on master while the other gets more primer. Then finish cut in on master. Bert will roll and I will finish up the small section to cut in on the primer in study, then he will come roll. We expect to finish primer before we can start second coat of color in master. then last coat of color in master and probably call it a day. That leaves two coats of color in the study but two days to get it done. I am too old for this crap.

Just keep telling yourselves this is will so beautiful! You guys are doing a great job & it is looking great. Keep up the great work.

It’s Friday evening 9 pm. As usual nothing is easy had a few bumps today. However I am giving us a B+. my A goal was to have both rooms done with two coats of primer. My B goal was to have the master with two coats of primer and the study with one coat. We got the master done and almost all of the second coat of cut in on the study. Then we ran out of paint. It was 7:15 and we were starving.

got pizza and beer for dinner, with enough for leftovers to eat for three days but helpful when busy.

one issue today was me trying to fall off the ladder. I did not succeed but I did manage to throw my paint everywhere. good thing for drop clothes. I am fine I did not fall but had to sacrafice the paint.

plan for tomorrow. One person starts the color cut in on master while the other gets more primer. Then finish cut in on master. Bert will roll and I will finish up the small section to cut in on the primer in study, then he will come roll. We expect to finish primer before we can start second coat of color in master. then last coat of color in master and probably call it a day. That leaves two coats of color in the study but two days to get it done. I am too old for this crap.

What is leftover pizza ??

Sounds like it is coming along and will look great when finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter