Where I ate at WDW

DaisyDebbie

<font color=green>Just give me one to cook and one
I stayed at the BWV in a one bedroom so I had breakfast in the room every morning except one.

First night grabbed a pizza at the to go window of Spoodles and brought it back to the pool to eat, the kids were very happy :)
Because we had soooooo much rain, some nights we were just happy to eat close by and not get too wet.
ESPN: good food for a good price. Good for the kids too.

Big River Grille: I've eaten there twice now and both times my food was warm. My mom's mashed potatos were cold and had to be reheated. Food is fair.

50's Primetime: Had 2:50pm PS, didn't get seated until 3:10. Watched a few families come in after us and get seated first. When I approached the desk to ask where we were in line, he said right here now go away, and did a shooing motion with his hand :rolleyes: We had Cousin Jamie, she was good but didn't interact with the other waitstaff. Food was great as usual :)
Started to thunder and lightening as we were eating again :rolleyes:

Cosmic Ray's: Had half a chicken and fries, it was great.

Princess Storybook breakfast: The restaurant in Norway is beautiful. The food was good, especially the potatoes with cheese. We saw, Belle, Mulan, Aurora, Snow White and Jasmine. My 10 yo dd loves Jasmine and never gets to have her picture taken with her so this was a BIG treat for her.

Joe's Crabshack - Just outside WDW on the road where The Crossroads is. Fun atmosphere, lots to look at and the food is very reasonably priced and good. Ate dinner one night and lunch the next day there :)

Tusker House at AK: We got to the park at 8:45am and by 10:30 we were hungry so we stopped in and got breakfast. Eggs, bacon, ham or sausage, great potatos and a huge biscuit. It was $5.35, I think. It was much better than I thought it was going to be.

Debbie, how is the pizza at spoodles? I've seen some unfavorable reports here. I know take out pizza would work well with my kids, too. It's something I'd like to try if it half decent.

It's not the best pizza I've ever had but it's not the worst either. It's along the lines of Domino's. They also have salads and meatball heros. The pizza is $11.50 without toppings. It's $3.00 a slice so if you're getting 3 or more you're better off with a whole pie. :)

Oh and I forgot about the Boardwalk Bakery. OMG they have the best donuts, eclairs, pastries, etc. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mattsmom
SORRY TO DIFFER BUT SPOODLES PIZZA IS BAD VERY VERY BAD BE AFRAID I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SELL IT !!!!!!!!!!WITH ALL THE GREAT CHEFS THERE THEY CAN INPROVE THE PIE WITH NO PROBLEM

Originally posted by disneydom
Mattsmom
SORRY TO DIFFER BUT SPOODLES PIZZA IS BAD VERY VERY BAD BE AFRAID I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SELL IT !!!!!!!!!!WITH ALL THE GREAT CHEFS THERE THEY CAN INPROVE THE PIE WITH NO PROBLEM
I agree 100%! WDW has the worst pizza I have ever tasted. Our neighborhood Dominos pizza is much better and their pizza is not anything to brag about!
We live in the NY/NJ area so we are used to very good pizza and it just ain't happening in WDW, sorry. One of my good friends that lives in FL year round now but is orginally from the Bronx, NY always craves a good pizza from home so when we go down we package up and bring down a pizza and even reheated it is sooooooo much better than anything we can get in FL. The flatbreads at Mama Melrose, Contemporary, inside Spoodles, etc are pretty good and about as close as you are going to get to a sort of good pizza at WDW.
I am also amazed at how a place with some of the best chefs around and restaurants that turn out wonderful meals on a regualr basis can not make decent pizza. :confused:

I am also amazed at how a place with some of the best chefs around and restaurants that turn out wonderful meals on a regualr basis can not make decent pizza.
I have heard from several sources that it is the water. You will not get great pizza (meaning NY pizza, LOL) outside of the NY metro area. Same goes for bagels.

Thanks for sharing your reviews, and I agree about the pizzas, btw. We don't even try anymore in WDW!! :rolleyes:

I don't quite remember the pizza at Spoodles, but when I stayed at BWI last August the calzones were pretty good. If I were to go again I'd just walk over to the Beach Club and eat at Beaches and Cream. But it lacks quick service.

Yummm...can't wait to get a pastry from the Boardwalk. Normally I'm not a huge fan of donuts and pastries, but after watching that WDW food special on Food Network I must go to the Boardwalk bakery! I think I'm going to go after my dinner at Cape May Cafe and get something for breakfast the next morning. I think if I go with a full tummy I won't over-do-it. :p

Did Joe's Crab Shack have anything besides fish? It was an offsite restruant we are thinking about but my Mom does not eat fish at all. Thanks.:)

We had a pizza last year at our resort (someone said they were good) it was awful! We stayed away after that, we are picky about our pizzas.

ESPN is located on the Boardwalk I believe.

Originally posted by Disneycrazymom
Did Joe's Crab Shack have anything besides fish? It was an offsite restruant we are thinking about but my Mom does not eat fish at all. Thanks.:)

Try this: Menu

Thanks Topper. Joes looks like a great place for us to try. DH and DS always like to try a fish place out when we are in Florida.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter