• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World #18. We're an Adult. We're Legal, well for most everything.

Park, resort or other? Is it part of a costume?

Epcot? Morocco? :tink:

This is from a park but not from Epcot and it is part of a costume.

I got the call that I'm on a level 1 evacuation today :eek: There is a fire I have been watching for days that started taking off yesterday. Today I can't see the fire for all the smoke! There is a river and a highway between me and the fire but, they are afraid with the winds they are expecting for the next 48 hours that it may jump the "highway" (it's a 2 lane road!) and the river (it's about 30 feet wide and very shallow right now). There is ash falling in my yard :eek: I've started packing. If I get to level 2, I really have to see if I can find someone with a horse trailer and a cattle prod if I have any hopes of saving my precious pigs. :sad2: Never seen anything like this! And I just heard 3 fire fighters died this afternoon :sad1: We have the National Guard helping up here now. Hurray for the firefighters!

This is from a park but not from Epcot and it is part of a costume.

I got the call that I'm on a level 1 evacuation today :eek: There is a fire I have been watching for days that started taking off yesterday. Today I can't see the fire for all the smoke! There is a river and a highway between me and the fire but, they are afraid with the winds they are expecting for the next 48 hours that it may jump the "highway" (it's a 2 lane road!) and the river (it's about 30 feet wide and very shallow right now). There is ash falling in my yard :eek: I've started packing. If I get to level 2, I really have to see if I can find someone with a horse trailer and a cattle prod if I have any hopes of saving my precious pigs. :sad2: Never seen anything like this! And I just heard 3 fire fighters died this afternoon :sad1: We have the National Guard helping up here now. Hurray for the firefighters!

AK? Festival of the Lion King?

:hug: I hope you don't have to evacuate. If you do I hope you can take all your animals with you. Praying they get the fires under control.:hug:

Well that's not good :hug: especially if the wind picks up. With ash falling in your yard I'd certainly have everything in my car ready to go. Don't forget all your Disney treasures! Does the State of Washington have a hot line set up for assistance? Gov. Perry had Texas set one up to help with evacuation of animals. We had ranchers from as far away as north and west Texas...600-900 miles...driving down to South Central Texas with their trailers to assist with the farm/ranch animals. Plus...neighbors helping neighbors. Any & every one in the fire areas with trailers helped families with furniture and domestic animals too. I'd check on that...you don't want to get on the "help" list at the last minute. DH just read on Yahoo about the 3 firefighters. :sad1: So, so sad but those huge fires create their own "weather" and can trap them in a heartbeat. Thank God for the National Guard...they were a HUGE help here in Texas too. I remember DH having heavy county equipment loaded and ready to pull out any second too to help create fire breaks. We're keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. It's scary and you feel so helpless. :sad2: :tink:

PS Went and looked at our hurricane evacuation list and a couple of things you may not have thought of....take a water bowl and extra water for Cindy. I always stock up on the gallon bottles of water before hurricane season. Also...rabies papers for her...if you'd have to stay in a shelter they may not let a dog/cat in without proof of vaccination. If you haven't already, take pictures of your household belongings; that helps for insurance purposes should the need arrive. Also...proof of residence...like a current utility bill. The authorities may not let you back in your area without proof that you live there. Good luck! Hope none of the preparations are necessary.

Last edited:
AK? Festival of the Lion King?

:hug: I hope you don't have to evacuate. If you do I hope you can take all your animals with you. Praying they get the fires under control.:hug:

I like Diane's answer on the Lion King but I'll ask about HS and the GMR? :tink:

This is from the AK but not from the Lion King.

and it is part of a costume.

Thank you for your tips Karolyn! I put a bowl in there. Facebook has been keeping me on top of things and I've started posting that I'm looking for a trailer for my poor pigs. I've packed my important papers and at your suggested, packed my bills. I did take pictures of everything today and charged my camera and packed it. Mostly I packed my grandfather's stuff, my favorite violin, my viola, my clarinet. The French horn is too big and not going to make the cut. I can see the fire from my porch. It has come over the crest of the mountain and is on it's way toward the highway (2 lane road!!!) Then the river and then about 3 more miles to me. The winds are calm now but the next 48 hours they are supposed to pick up :eek:

Thank you for your tips Karolyn! I put a bowl in there. Facebook has been keeping me on top of things and I've started posting that I'm looking for a trailer for my poor pigs. I've packed my important papers and at your suggested, packed my bills. I did take pictures of everything today and charged my camera and packed it. Mostly I packed my grandfather's stuff, my favorite violin, my viola, my clarinet. The French horn is too big and not going to make the cut. I can see the fire from my porch. It has come over the crest of the mountain and is on it's way toward the highway (2 lane road!!!) Then the river and then about 3 more miles to me. The winds are calm now but the next 48 hours they are supposed to pick up :eek:

Is the costume related to an attraction, shop or food service?

:scared1: That's really scary! :scared1: What are you doing with Chester and his dog? Sounds like you have things ready if necessary...don't forget the dog food! As long as you have your papers and pictures that's the main thing. Bet you're not sleeping much tonight either? I read the weather forecast for your area and sounds like tomorrow will NOT be good as far as the winds go. Is this fire moving north, south, east or west? A front might help push it away from you if it's to your south. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this but frankly, I was afraid of this since your rainfall has been "few and far between". The exact situation faced us here in Texas and your wooded area just adds to the concern. Keep going through your house and looking for things you really don't want to part with. When I was preparing I'd add items to my list every time I'd go back and check rooms. Keep us posted as you're able and we'll keep the prayers going out for your safety. :grouphug: :tink:

Denise - My thoughts are with you. Take care and look after yourself. Living in Australia where we do experience bush fires on a regular basis, I wish you well. If you are going to evacuate, the general consensus around here is to go early. I hope you have arrangements in place for your pigs. And yes, thank goodness for firefighters! May then stay safe.

Praying for the best outcome for you Denise. Wish I was not so far away to help. Hope the next time you log on we hear the fire line died at the roadway.

Parade?

Karolyn gave some good advice, I never would think to pack those items. I agree I don't know how you can go to bed at night, I would be too afraid.:scared: Keep us posted.:hug:

Is the costume related to an attraction, shop or food service?

Denise - My thoughts are with you. Take care and look after yourself. Living in Australia where we do experience bush fires on a regular basis, I wish you well. If you are going to evacuate, the general consensus around here is to go early. I hope you have arrangements in place for your pigs. And yes, thank goodness for firefighters! May then stay safe.

Thanks Princess. I heard they are bringing in fire fighters from Australia and New Zealand to help us! Haven't seen them yet but I think that's a great idea!

Praying for the best outcome for you Denise. Wish I was not so far away to help. Hope the next time you log on we hear the fire line died at the roadway.

I wish you lived closer too Ed! I'm still on level 1 but, level 2 is 4 miles from me and includes my first choice for evacuation route. I have to cross a river to get out of here. But, I have a choice of 4 bridges. I have a horse trailer lined up for my pigs and she will be leaving Colville to come up here within the hour. I am packed except for my suit case. I got a box out for Disney memorabilia and am planning to fill my washer/dryer with stuff if I have to leave. I have a place for me and my animals in Colville lined up! Hurray for Facebook and my friends up here and the girl with the horse trailer is a stranger! What a nice person to help me and my pigs!

Now start praying I can get my pigs into the horse trailer if it comes to that! I would not bet on Lulu and I don't have a cattle prod - yet.

Meanwhile…..

It is related to an attraction in the AK.

Thanks Princess. I heard they are bringing in fire fighters from Australia and New Zealand to help us! Haven't seen them yet but I think that's a great idea!

I wish you lived closer too Ed! I'm still on level 1 but, level 2 is 4 miles from me and includes my first choice for evacuation route. I have to cross a river to get out of here. But, I have a choice of 4 bridges. I have a horse trailer lined up for my pigs and she will be leaving Colville to come up here within the hour. I am packed except for my suit case. I got a box out for Disney memorabilia and am planning to fill my washer/dryer with stuff if I have to leave. I have a place for me and my animals in Colville lined up! Hurray for Facebook and my friends up here and the girl with the horse trailer is a stranger! What a nice person to help me and my pigs!

Now start praying I can get my pigs into the horse trailer if it comes to that! I would not bet on Lulu and I don't have a cattle prod - yet.

:yay: Hooray...you have someone to get the pigs out! That's a relief, isn't it? I figured there HAD to be someone "out there" (strangers) that were in the area to help. Wow...bringing in firefighters from Australia and New Zealand! :faint: Level 2 only 4 miles away? That's to close for comfort! Keep us posted! :tink:

We've had 5 INCHES of rain this morning! :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: ... and boy do we need it! I don't have to move the water hose around today! :yay: Wish we could send this Denise's way! This is taken from my front porch:

IMG_2750_zpscuhovkvz.jpg

...this is only part of what my back yard looks like :yay::

IMG_2752_zpsar3w1job.jpg
:tink:

Last edited:
How about Flights of Wonder? :tink:

Boy that rains looks nice. Wish we had some of that. I'm still the same. Fortunately the wind is just barely blowing. Everything is smoky and the sunshine has an orange tint to it. Very eerie. But, I did not load the pigs. I'm only level one. Level one is just be aware. Like I haven't been aware! Level 2 is pack and I'm packed. Level 3 is go. If I load the pigs, which would be hell for them, I would have to go with them and the pen where I can keep them is an hour away at a slaughter house. I would hate to leave them there. I know it would be so stressful for them and they are old pigs. I think if I could ask them they would say NO don't make us go! So I said no for now. I don't want to leave my house for the hours it would take to get them to the slaughterhouse and wouldn't be able to bear leaving them there. So we are all still here. There is a meeting scheduled at the Barstow Grange for 7:00 so they must think it's safe enough for us to hang around for that.

Meanwhile….

This is from the AK but not from the Lion King and not from Flights of Wonder.

Boy that rains looks nice. Wish we had some of that. I'm still the same. Fortunately the wind is just barely blowing. Everything is smoky and the sunshine has an orange tint to it. Very eerie. But, I did not load the pigs. I'm only level one. Level one is just be aware. Like I haven't been aware! Level 2 is pack and I'm packed. Level 3 is go. If I load the pigs, which would be hell for them, I would have to go with them and the pen where I can keep them is an hour away at a slaughter house. I would hate to leave them there. I know it would be so stressful for them and they are old pigs. I think if I could ask them they would say NO don't make us go! So I said no for now. I don't want to leave my house for the hours it would take to get them to the slaughterhouse and wouldn't be able to bear leaving them there. So we are all still here. There is a meeting scheduled at the Barstow Grange for 7:00 so they must think it's safe enough for us to hang around for that.

Meanwhile….

This is from the AK but not from the Lion King and not from Flights of Wonder.

Parade? Is it a CM or character?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter