Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

fbf25bff-29e1-4bd7-ad6a-5efede2bdc72_zpsxb7llpaa.jpg

Hollywood

Crossroads of the World?

Nice picture.:thumbsup2 It looks so festive.:santa: It does look a little chilly. 55-60?:rotfl2: It is 13 here.:cold::cold: We want to see more pictures.:banana: Karolyn I like your Mickey shirt.

I donno my picture was from a different angle maybe you should go back and try again lol

Ok. We can do that. I got back home 5 1/2 hours ago. Time to hit the shower and start driving again. :woohoo:

David looks like he's trying to be a good sport. I hope you got him something to eat!

:yay: Disney World was AWESOME but nothing like "Home Sweet Home"! :cloud9: And I had a NEW DISHWASHER waiting for me when I walked in the door! :cool1: The girls gave me an early Christmas gift and I'll need it since I now need to get started on baking for Christmas...already have to make 4 Sugar cookies for DGD's for their school parties beginning Thursday! :faint: Amazing trip ... we got into Austin around 9; home about 11 and going through my luggage for essentials before I get myself to bed! I think the earliest I got to bed was 1 AM one night! Not sitting an alarm in the morning so may still be sleeping at noon. So much for "taking it easy"! :rotfl: We were "out the door" every morning by 8 for a park...except Thursday morning. I "slept in" until 9 before meeting DH at the AK. Crowds were a LOT heavier than I expected...which is why ... JEFF...there was NO "2nd pointing picture"! :lmao:That was NOT easy...photographing on MAIN STREET at 8 in the evening! :eek: The carriage ride was great...and yes, Ed took care of David afterwards at the Trail's End buffet! :hug: We ate so much we had to WALK through some of the campsites again to "work off" dinner!

Had more than one "Pixie Dust" moment for the first time EVER! :dance3: Began the morning I slept in. Arrived at the AK and went to Guest Services to get a one day Memory Maker for the party that night. The CM didn't think there was one available; I told him I thought there was at a price of $39. He checked; came back and said "I stand corrected, they are available" so I gave him my credit card to purchase. He tried to load it to my Magic Band and it wouldn't load; he called his supervisor and they worked on it. THEN the "Disney magic" kicked in. He apologized for detaining me and gave me the Memory Maker (a $149 deal) for the price I paid for the ONE day! So we had MM for the entire trip and put it to good use. Got some great pictures with characters and in front of the trees. Sunday I wanted the "Holiday Turkey Sandwich" for the evening meal and they were out. We weren't in a hurry so decided to wait for it and they were ready in about 5 minutes. The CM told DH since he was so patient...he'd give it to us without charge! :yay: And then last night...I was shopping IN THE EMPORIUM and found a Disney 45th anniversary picture frame which I though was the perfect reminder of OUR trip since WE were celebrating our 45th anniversary. I told the CM, Isabella...from Brazil, how excited I was to have found it and explained why...she asked if I "had a minute" and came back a few minutes later with "Happily Ever After" buttons and handed me the telephone. :confused3 I said hello...and Mickey was at the other end to wish us a Happy Anniversary and sing the "anniversary song" to me! :rotfl:

No complaints about the weather; yes, for Florida, there were a few cold nights and I was glad I'd taken my Mickey Christmas sweater and long pants! Needed that jacket for most nights too. It was a little on the rainy side a couple of days but only a few brief showers. We were hoping to be greeted by sunshine since we drove almost all the way to the airport in rain but were met with cloudy/rainy skies. Sunday was very pleasant, only needed the jacket in the evening. Monday and Tuesday were beautiful...warm days and nights. When we left today it was 83; arrived in Austin to 49! NOTHING like the rest of you! :cold:

Met some great people too. A CM in the gift shop at All Star Music was working there on the college program...she attends University of Houston...DD's school; met a family from Altoona, Pennsylvania...the city my cousin's son plays in for the Pirates Farm Team...major league baseball; a couple from London whose daughter plays for the ladies soccer team in Chelsea...the European soccer team Redstorm follows :yay:; visited with a couple from Canada...the "other side" of your country Jeff!; a family from NH (Diane...they're the ones that told me you were getting a LOT of snow!); a gentlemen from North Carolina who asked if he could give me a hug :rotfl:...he couldn't believe we were staying 8 days at ages 65 & 66...he said "I'm 35, been here 3 days and HURT ALL OVER :rotfl2:; Boston, New Orleans, Green Bay, New Jersey, Georgia, Pittsburgh PA and a really fun family from New York and New Jersey. We were seated together at Teppon Edo for our lunch and had a ball with them! Met them later, again, in Italy and we visited for another 30-45 minutes! :rotfl:

Lots to catch up on here! But have 4,753 photos to upload ... can't wait to show you Ed's "date" on Saturday night :rolleyes1... along with 93 Facebook messages so may take me awhile! GREAT TRIP but I'd missed ALL of you...it's good to be back. :grouphug: :tink:

Last edited:
:yay: Disney World was AWESOME but nothing like "Home Sweet Home"! :cloud9: And I had a NEW DISHWASHER waiting for me when I walked in the door! :cool1: The girls gave me an early Christmas gift and I'll need it since I now need to get started on baking for Christmas...already have to make 4 Sugar cookies for DGD's for their school parties beginning Thursday! :faint: Amazing trip ... we got into Austin around 9; home about 11 and going through my luggage for essentials before I get myself to bed! I think the earliest I got to bed was 1 AM one night! Not sitting an alarm in the morning so may still be sleeping at noon. So much for "taking it easy"! :rotfl: We were "out the door" every morning by 8 for a park...except Thursday morning. I "slept in" until 9 before meeting DH at the AK. Crowds were a LOT heavier than I expected...which is why ... JEFF...there was NO "2nd pointing picture"! :lmao:That was NOT easy...photographing on MAIN STREET at 8 in the evening! :eek: The carriage ride was great...and yes, Ed took care of David afterwards at the Trail's End buffet! :hug: We ate so much we had to WALK through some of the campsites again to "work off" dinner!

Had more than one "Pixie Dust" moment for the first time EVER! :dance3: Began the morning I slept in. Arrived at the AK and went to Guest Services to get a one day Memory Maker for the party that night. The CM didn't think there was one available; I told him I thought there was at a price of $39. He checked; came back and said "I stand corrected, they are available" so I gave him my credit card to purchase. He tried to load it to my Magic Band and it wouldn't load; he called his supervisor and they worked on it. THEN the "Disney magic" kicked in. He apologized for detaining me and gave me the Memory Maker (a $149 deal) for the price I paid for the ONE day! So we had MM for the entire trip and put it to good use. Got some great pictures with characters and in front of the trees. Sunday I wanted the "Holiday Turkey Sandwich" for the evening meal and they were out. We weren't in a hurry so decided to wait for it and they were ready in about 5 minutes. The CM told DH since he was so patient...he'd give it to us without charge! :yay: And then last night...I was shopping IN THE EMPORIUM and found a Disney 45th anniversary picture frame which I though was the perfect reminder of OUR trip since WE were celebrating our 45th anniversary. I told the CM, Isabella...from Brazil, how excited I was to have found it and explained why...she asked if I "had a minute" and came back a few minutes later with "Happily Ever After" buttons and handed me the telephone. :confused3 I said hello...and Mickey was at the other end to wish us a Happy Anniversary and sing the "anniversary song" to me! :rotfl:

No complaints about the weather; yes, for Florida, there were a few cold nights and I was glad I'd taken my Mickey Christmas sweater and long pants! Needed that jacket for most nights too. It was a little on the rainy side a couple of days but only a few brief showers. We were hoping to be greeted by sunshine since we drove almost all the way to the airport in rain but were met with cloudy/rainy skies. Sunday was very pleasant, only needed the jacket in the evening. Monday and Tuesday were beautiful...warm days and nights. When we left today it was 83; arrived in Austin to 49! NOTHING like the rest of you! :cold:

Met some great people too. A CM in the gift shop at All Star Music was working there on the college program...she attends University of Houston...DD's school; met a family from Altoona, Pennsylvania...the city my cousin's son plays in for the Pirates Farm Team...major league baseball; a couple from London whose daughter plays for the ladies soccer team in Chelsea...the European soccer team Redstorm follows :yay:; visited with a couple from Canada...the "other side" of your country Jeff!; a family from NH (Diane...they're the ones that told me you were getting a LOT of snow!); a gentlemen from North Carolina who asked if he could give me a hug :rotfl:...he couldn't believe we were staying 8 days at ages 65 & 66...he said "I'm 35, been here 3 days and HURT ALL OVER :rotfl2:; Boston, New Orleans, Green Bay, New Jersey, Georgia, Pittsburgh PA and a really fun family from New York and New Jersey. We were seated together at Teppon Edo for our lunch and had a ball with them! Met them later, again, in Italy and we visited for another 30-45 minutes! :rotfl:

Lots to catch up on here! But have 4,753 photos to upload ... can't wait to show you Ed's "date" on Saturday night :rolleyes1... along with 93 Facebook messages so may take me awhile! GREAT TRIP but I'd missed ALL of you...it's good to be back. :grouphug: :tink:

Welcome Home. Sounds like you had a great trip. Nice pixie dustpixiedust:WOW :eek:that's a lot of photos.

Last edited:

So glad you had a nice trip. Love to see you made it over to Fort Wilderness, our favorite place. Can't wait to spend the week after Christmas there. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

You should do a trip report here on Disboards! Some of these people have quite the following.

Oops :rotfl: 50's Prime Time or Mama Melrose?

50's Prime Time?

And it's Diane by a nose! :banana:

So glad you had a nice trip. Love to see you made it over to Fort Wilderness, our favorite place. Can't wait to spend the week after Christmas there. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

While we were walking around the Fort we were wondering if you were there last weekend.

Welcome Home. Sounds like you had a great trip. Nice pixie dustpixiedust:WOW :eek:that's a lot of photos.

You should do a trip report here on Disboards! Some of these people have quite the following.

Didn't get to sleep much longer than normal :headache:...got a text from my cousin BEFORE the stupid alarm went off! :headache: First priority of the day was my DOGGIES! Goopy was in disbelief...he acted like he didn't know me :rotfl: but Cici just about jumped over the fence she was bouncing so high! Second "must do" was to hide Redstorm's Christmas gift! :thumbsup2 Continuing to clean up and catch up but see NO progress! :rotfl: I would have taken more pictures :rolleyes1 but DH was beginning to give me "the look"! Loved all the Pixie Dust...gives us even better memories. Ft. Wilderness was fun but WOW...the line for the boat to the MK :crazy:! Denise...I've thought about trip reports but have no idea where I'd find the time! That's a commitment I'm not willing to take on now! :rolleyes: I jotted down notes daily and have no idea when I'll get back to them! To top it off today...DD called to add ANOTHER Sugar Cookie to the list before Friday for the party at the pre-school she works at and there was a Facebook message from one of the ER nurses at our local hospital (who took GREAT care of me last March :hug:) "requesting" my Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies...she remembers them from YEARS ago when she was one of the children in my Family Home Daycare!

But...I do still have some crops ready...

1fb14d6c-0380-473e-8b71-9316848d2cf9_zpsau1loi9x.jpg
:tink:

Didn't get to sleep much longer than normal :headache:...got a text from my cousin BEFORE the stupid alarm went off! :headache: First priority of the day was my DOGGIES! Goopy was in disbelief...he acted like he didn't know me :rotfl: but Cici just about jumped over the fence she was bouncing so high! Second "must do" was to hide Redstorm's Christmas gift! :thumbsup2 Continuing to clean up and catch up but see NO progress! :rotfl: I would have taken more pictures :rolleyes1 but DH was beginning to give me "the look"! Loved all the Pixie Dust...gives us even better memories. Ft. Wilderness was fun but WOW...the line for the boat to the MK :crazy:! Denise...I've thought about trip reports but have no idea where I'd find the time! That's a commitment I'm not willing to take on now! :rolleyes: I jotted down notes daily and have no idea when I'll get back to them! To top it off today...DD called to add ANOTHER Sugar Cookie to the list before Friday for the party at the pre-school she works at and there was a Facebook message from one of the ER nurses at our local hospital (who took GREAT care of me last March :hug:) "requesting" my Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies...she remembers them from YEARS ago when she was one of the children in my Family Home Daycare!

Already I can't remember. Was I with you when you took this one? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Park, resort or other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter